Status: Active

Second Chance

Death and Betrayal

The world began to close in on me. This wasn’t possible; no one came out of Azkaban except for in a body bag. He couldn’t have escaped!
I fell to my knees in the middle of the walkway. Everyone gave me a wide breadth.

“Gabrielle” Remus whispered, pulling me up from the ground.

“This can’t be happening Remus! It’s impossible!” I sobbed.

“You’re going to be ok. You can stay with me.” He whispered pulling me back into the pub.

“Why? Why would he break out now?”

Remus pulled us into an empty table, “I don’t know sweetheart….I just don’t know.”

The entire pub was staring at us. How was it possible that the whole world knew what I didn’t?

“Remus I need to go home. I need to be alone!”

“I’m not leaving you alone Gabrielle!” Remus replied throwing a few gallons on the table and steering me back outside.

“Why not, what’s he going to do break out of Azkaban just to kill me?” I asked as nervous
laughter bubbled up out of me.

Was he going to kill me? After all of these years why would he break out now? What was there to gain? Harry was going to be safe at school. Remus would be as well. He couldn’t get to them…that only left me. I was the only one left that wouldn’t be under Dumbledore’s protection, the only one Sirius could have access to if he wanted to finish what he started all those years ago.
Remus apparated us back to my house before I realized what was going on.

“Let’s pack you a bag. You can come stay with me..”

“And what happens when you go to Hogwarts? You can’t protect me forever Remus.” I whispered.

“But I can sure as Merlin try!” He said throwing clothes into a bag he pulled from the closet.

“Do you think he would kill me Remus?” I asked quietly sitting on the edge of my bed. “I mean he doesn’t know where I moved…It couldn’t have all been a lie….could it?” A glimmer of hope
laced in my voice.

“Gaby he’s dangerous…We…we never thought that he would have been a follower of You Know Who…but he is…I’m sorry love, but he’s just not who we thought he was, no matter how believable he was.” He whispered. A sob broke through my lips.

I looked around the small bedroom where I had tried to make a home for myself and failed miserably. I didn’t have a home, what difference would it be if I stayed with Remus? What was I leaving behind?

“Alright let’s go.” I whispered.

Remus let out a sigh of relief. “You’re not going to fight me on this?”

“What’s the point? I don’t have a life here anyways.”

“The Gabe I know had more fight in her then that.”

“The Gabe you knew is dead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know, but I'm going to try to start updating regulary inbetween work and school and all that mundane bull shit. So I figured I'd give you guys something to tide you over.
Tell me what you think?