Status: Active

Second Chance

Confrontation

I wasn’t even home for twenty four hours before I felt eyes on me. He couldn’t be here already. I was just being paranoid. I kept telling myself.

The sun had already set and a cold evening was setting in as I sat on my back garden steps smoking a cigarette. Every snap of a twig or rustle of leaves had my senses on high alert. Why was I torturing myself like this? Why didn’t I just stay at Remus’? Why in Merlin’s blue balls did I want Sirius to find me anyways!

By the end of my smoke I couldn’t stand being out in the open any longer. With one last look around I quickly walked back into my house and locked and warded the door behind me. I took a deep breath and paced back and forth in my kitchen. I did this to myself. I had no one else to blame for my discomfort. I took a look out into the darkness, looking for any indication Sirius was out there. I saw nothing. It hardly did anything to calm my nerves. I was talking about Sirius, he was one of the most sneaky people I had ever met in my entire life!

I snarled at my own reflection in the window panes. What was wrong with me? I knew deep down I had no reason to be afraid of Sirius; he wouldn’t hurt me and if I was really wrong and he did come to finish me off, well at least I would give him the fight of his life. I ripped another smoke from its pack and lit it as I continued to pace my kitchen. The smoke swirled around my head as my thoughts bombarded me. I needed to calm down. This wasn’t getting me anywhere. I tried taking deep breaths as I walked to the cooler and pulled out a beer.

I forced myself to sit calmly at the kitchen table, smoke my cigarette, and drink my beer. There was no need to work myself up so. Finally, I had to laugh at myself! This was my house! I had so many enchantments and wards on it that Dumbledore himself wouldn’t be able to enter without my permission! How in the world did I except Sirius Black to get past them? He wouldn’t have passed charms if I didn’t help him focus.

I finished my beer in one long draught and stubbed out my cigarette in the empty bottle. I waved my wand behind me shutting the lights off as I made my way to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and began to strip off my day old clothes and search for my night gown. I gave an exasperated sigh after searching through every drawer with no luck. I was reduced to crawling down and searching underneath my bed. It wasn’t there either.

I stood and put my hand to my forehead thinking if I might have left it at Remus’ when I heard rustling at my window. I quickly grabbed my wand and made my way to the window. I stared out into the darkness, but I couldn’t make anything out other than the rustling of leaves.
Quickly I threw open the window, threw my arm out and yanked with all my might. Sirius Black was lying at my feet with wide eyes.

“You always were a voyeur Black.” I spat pointing my wand down at him.

“Well you always did make it easy for me love.” He replied running his hand up and down my bare leg. Before I could think twice I kicked out with all my might, hitting him square in the face causing him to roll away from me.

“Get your filthy hands off me Black!”

Sirius was coughing as he came up on his hands in knees, blood dripping onto the hard wood floors. “You always were a rough one Gabby.” He said breathing hard.

“Get up!” I barked never taking my eyes off him. He turned his head to look up at me from behind stringy hair, his stance never changing. I kicked him in the side again.

“I said get up!” He still just looked at me with his grey eyes with an unreadable expression.

“Did you lose the ability to listen will in Azkaban? I said to get the fuck up!” I said stalking forward grabbing a handful of his hair and tugging it up to look at me.

“You made one hell of a mistake coming here tonight Sirius.” I growled pointing my wand in his face.

“Are you going to kill my Gabby?” He whispered.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t!”

“Because I didn’t do it!” He growled grabbing my foot sending my falling to the floor. He took my being off guard as the opportunity to pin me to the floor.

“I swear to you Gabrielle that I did not do this!” I brought me knee up and stood up once more.

“No! It’s your fault their dead! You betrayed our best friends! You killed all those people! You’re no better than the rest of your forsaken family!” I screamed tears running down my face as I backed away from the man I once shared my life with.

“Did you ever doubt that I loved you before that night?” He asked huskily, his grey eyes blazing in the darkness.

“What? No. Not before…” I whispered, his question had caught me off guard, but I knew it to be true, before that night I had never once doubted his love for me.

He moved quickly for a man so malnourished. In a few seconds flat he had his arms wrapped around me, pulling me to him hungrily.

I had forgotten how it felt to be in his arms, how all-encompassing it was. This man had the ability to make me lose myself and it scared me. This man was dangerous in more than one way I thought as he lowered his lips to mine. Every rational fiber in me screamed to push him away, but I couldn’t.
He may have looked a ghost of his former glory, but it definitely didn’t change his effect on me.

“Don’t you ever doubt that. I have always loved you.”