Sequel: Bittersweet Goodbyes

Your Just A Daydream Away

Prologue

I slowly moved my hand closer to hers. Hey eyes glistened with tears she fought to hold back, and no words passed between us as she allowed me to take hold of her hand. She was clenching something in her fist, and she allowed me to pull her fingers apart and take out the crumpled photo she held. I st it down on the table, face down.
She could no longer keep the tears from falling down her face. She broke down in terrible, heartbreaking sobs. I let her cry, I knew she needed to let it out.
I moved my hand up and down her back as she cried, hoping to comfort her.
It seemed like she cried for hours before she finally turned to me, her eyes puffy and bloodshot, I used my finger to wipe a few stray tears from her face.
She was looking at me with so much sadness in her eyes, that I couldn't bear to see her like this any longer.
I stood up from the couch, and received a questioning look from her.
"Anna, things will get better. I promise you that, I went through the same thing years ago. It seems bad at first, as if the world has turned against you, and that you would never be happy again, but really? It's just an early greeting from someone we all have to meet someday. It breaks my heart to see you cry like this, and wherever he is. I'm sure he wouldn't want to see you like this either. He would want to see his strong, beautiful sister, accepting his death." I spoke softly, hoping not to make her cry more. "Wherever he is right now, he's watching over you. He see's every tear you cry, and I know that all he hopes for is for the last one to fall. He wants to see you move on, store him as a memory. Let his life be something to celebrate, Anna. Let yourself feel the happy memories. Let them overcome the hurt your feeling."
She stared at me, shocked at my bluntness. For a while, she just looked at her shoes, until finally she looked up at me, and spoke in a soft voice.
"Thank you." She said, and she stood up from the couch and stepped in front of me.
"Thank you, for being here for me through this, and you're right. I will try to move on, he would want that." and then, for the first time she leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my lips. She tasted of salt and tears. I couldn't help but think that even like this, she was truly the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.
"Thank you, Alex." she whispered in my ear, then turned and left through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha! I've never wrote a prologue before...what do you think? I guess this is the part where Alex and Anna get together? The first chapter is going to be how they meet, and so on, then eventually we'll reach this point...Obviously her brother dies...but um, ya...so I'll try to keep up with this one...um...comment...please...um, ya...okay, bye...