Sequel: Bittersweet Goodbyes

Your Just A Daydream Away

Chapter Four

[ALEX]
We decided to celebrate the first day home from tour, so Sunday night we headed to a local bar.
“To an amazing tour. The crowd was fucking incredible, we saw new places, and met new faces. I couldn’t ask for anything more.” I announced, as we held up our shots. After I finished talking, I swallowed mine quickly. The alcohol burned my throat, but it wasn’t anything I wasn’t used to.
“Hey, Alex I bet I can take more shots than you in a minute.” Jack yelled, having already sat down at the bar.
“In your dreams.” I said with a grin, sliding into the stool next to him.
[ANNA]
“Anna, make sure you stock up all of the new books that were delivered today.” yelled my manager as she was leaving the store. “Make sure you close up tonight.”
I flipped her off behind her back and grabbed one of the many boxes. I couldn’t stand Alisha, she was a terrible boss. All she did was drink coffee, read magazines, and eat all day, then make the employees (mainly me) do all of her work for her. She was a total bitch, and I wanted to quit this job more than anything. The only thing stopping me is that I can’t get a job anywhere else, and I need money.
So I just show up to work, and do what I’m told.
While I put books on shelves, I thought of Alex. I couldn’t believe that out of thousands of people, I stood out to him in the crowd. I just couldn’t see what a huge rock star saw in a plain, boring girl, who works at a small Baltimore bookstore for a living.
[ALEX]
“Alright, there’s a bunch of shots in front of us. Rians gonna time one minute, and whoever drinks the most shots in that time, wins.” Jack told me.
“In three, two, one, go!” Shouted Rian, as Jack and I began drinking. With each shot, the alcohol burned less.
“and, time!” Rian yelled, counting the empty glasses on my side, then Jack’s. “Alex wins!”
“Fuck yeah!” I yelled, throwing my hands in the air in triumph, nearly falling out of the stool as I did it. I wound up drinking more than half of what Jack drank. I beckoned for the bartender to get me a beer to celebrate my victory, and I drank it quickly.
“Dude slow down.” Jack slurred, drunk, but not nearly as drunk as me.
“Yeah, man. You already had a lot.” Rian said, fairly sober.
“Whatever “ I said, standing up quickly, and nearly falling in the process. “I’m gonna go get some air.” I said, suddenly feeling nauseous.
I stumbled outside, so that if I threw up, it wasn’t in front of anybody. I started walking down the street, to try and sober up a bit. A little far down from the bar, I caught sight of a familiar face in the window of a bookshop. I made my way through the doors, and nearly tripping on empty boxes that were scattered around the shop.
“Alex?” She said from the cash register.
“Anna!” I said enthusiastically.
“What are you doing here?” She asked, laughing a bit.
“I was walking down the street, and I saw a hot and sexy girl standing at the cash register in this store, so I figured I’d say hi.” I slurred as I stumbled over to her.
“Are you drunk?” She asked me. I nodded, and without thinking, leaned across the counter to kiss her. Only for her to turn away quickly, so my lips collided with her cheek.
[ANNA]
“Are you drunk?” I asked him, he nodded.
Before I had the chance to say something else, he had leaned over the counter, and he was moving in to kiss me. I turned away quickly, but he still managed to sloppily kiss my cheek.
“What are you doing?” I asked him, slightly angry.
“What does it look like, I thought you would want me to.” He answered with a smile.
“No, Alex. I just met you. Last night. I don’t want you to kiss me.” I said exasperated, than checked the time on my watch.
“Look.” I sighed “My shift just ended, I’m going to get going. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I told him, leading him out of the store, and locking it behind me.
I helped him back to the bar, because he could barely stand up, but after he was safe with the rest of the band. I turned and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah...this chapter kinda sucked, but I felt like I need to make Alex drunk. Because he hasn't gotten drunk yet in this story. and I like writing about drunkeness...So yeah...Alex is drunk...I suck at writing about drunk people, but oh well...So yeah, comment...Um, yeah...drunk...okay, byeee...comment :)