Sequel: Bittersweet Goodbyes

Your Just A Daydream Away

Chapter Seven

ALEX]
I climbed into the passenger seat of her car. When I offered for her to show some of her photography, she seemed really excited. While we drove to her house, we got to know each other some more.
I realized that the more and more we talk, the more and more I liked her.
I realized that I could actually find myself having real feelings for her.
She pulled into a driveway of an apartment building. Anna led me inside, and she unlocked the third door in a long hallway.
“It’s not much, but it’s all I can really afford.” She muttered as she started turning on lights.
“It’s lovely.” I said cheerfully, looking around. We were standing in what looked like a living room. She had tan leather furniture, and a small television. A white Mac Laptop sat on her coffee table, and the walls were covered in various frames of different sizes.
“I’ll be right back.” She told me, as she turned and disappeared through an archway.
I walked over to look at some of the pictures, they were mostly black and white photos.
“Are these you?” I asked her as I heard her return to the living room.
“Yeah, they are.” She replied, I turned and saw her shuffling through a thick binder. I walked over and took it from her, flipping through the many pages.
“You’re really good.” I told her honestly, admiring her skill.
“Thanks.” She muttered shyly, her cheeks turning pink.
“Is it all right if I take this to our tour manager? If he likes them, we can probably get you a gig taking pictures for us.”
“Yeah, go ahead.” She said with a grin “Thank you so much for this, can I get you a glass of wine or anything?” She asked me.
“Um, sure. I’ll have a glass.” I answered as I sat down on her couch, still flipping through her photos. I didn’t notice her leave the room, not until she returned with two glasses, and a bottle of red wine.
She filled each glass half way, and handed me mine. I took a small sip, than placed it on a coaster , so I don’t ruin her wooden coffee table. I got to the last page in the binder, than set it on the floor next to me.
She sat down next to me, and sipped her wine.
All of a sudden, there was a loud pounding on the door.
“Anna! Open up, I have huge news.” A girl’s voice yelled from the other side. Anna cursed under her breath.
“Come with me!” She whispered quickly, pulling my by the hand through a door. “One Second!” She yelled
“Can you please just stay in here until she leaves? I promise it won’t be long.” She begged quietly.
“No problem.” I answered, confused. She turned and left through the door we came in, and shut it behind her. I pressed my ear to the door to listen to what was going on.
“What’s the big deal?” I heard Anna ask, sounding annoyed.
“Why are there two glasses of wine here?” I heard the other girl’s voice ask, not yet answering Anna’s question.
“I just poured it for you.” Anna lied “Now, what’s the big news?”
“Okay, so you know how All Time Low is on break from tour for a few weeks?” The other girl asked. “Well, I found out that their doing an acoustic show next week at the park right near my house, and it’s free!” She said, sounding excited. Her mentioning this reminded me that we were playing an acoustic set next week, I had completely forgot about it.
“Sara, we just saw them?” Anna replied.
“So, that means I get to meet Alex Gaskarth again!” The girl named Sara practically yelled, causing me to laugh. I could have sworn I heard Anna chuckle too. Now I understood why she had me come in here, she didn’t want me to have to deal with another fan girl.
“Yeah, I guess. Are you gonna make me go again?” Anna sighed, bored with the conversation.
“Well, you don’t have to, but it’d be great if you did.”
“Yeah, maybe. I’ll check with Alisha, if I have the day off I’ll go with you.” Anna answered. “Hey, I’m a little tired, so can I call you tomorrow?”
“Yeah, I guess.” Sara replied, her voice seeming farther away. Suddenly I heard a slam, and then the door in front of me opened, and Anna was standing before me.
“Sorry about that.” She muttered.
“It’s not a problem, I actually got a laugh out of it.” I told her.
She smiled and pulled me back to the living room.
We spent the rest of the night talking and laughing, before I finally got up to leave.
“Oh shit, how are you gonna get home. Do you want a ride” She asked me, standing up with me.
“It’s fine. My car’s parked not too far from here, I’ll just walk and get it.” I answered her honestly, trying not to sound too disappointed that I had to leave.
“Alright.” She said “Tonight was fun, we should do it again sometime.”
“Definitely, just give me a call whenever.” I grinned at her and walked through the door, out onto the dark streets of Baltimore.
After about a half hour, I found my car parked in the same spot.
I realized that I was still smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, sucky update. Still tryna work out this story, um. Yeah, in a few more chapters, the prologue will make more sense, I promise that. I just want Anna and Alex to get to know each other and stuff. Oh, and the random acoustic show, and Sara will have more importance later on. I promise that. Alrighttyy, so yeah. Comment, let me know what you think. :)