Status: Coming Soon!

And That Is Why I Stare

One Of Your Thousand Accidental Butt Dials?

I suck in a breath. No, this probably isn't my song. Maybe it's just one of those songs that sound the same but end up being different? I hold my breath and wait for the lyrics to come on. it was you I first saw when I stepped out of my day dreams, the one I saw in every single one...
Oh my god. I slump back in my seat in shock and excitement. Gen looks at me questioningly, then realization dawns on her face. "Jane, this is you?! Ohmygoshohmygosh is it one of your songs?!"
"Yes, now hush!" I hiss. "Someone could hear you!"
Gen snorts. "Yeah? Like who?"
"One of your thousand accidental butt dials?" I ask. 
Her face goes a bit pale as she says, "I'll check right now." She pulls out her phone and looks worriedly at the screen. Then she exhales a relieved sigh. "nope, no butt dialed person knows your secret."
"Check your recent calls, maybe they hung up!" I say frantically.
She rolls her eyes, but checks nonetheless. Suddenly she looks worried. "What? What's the matter?!" I practically yell.
"Well..." Gen bites her lip nervously. "A number from this area code was on a few minutes ago and hung up just before I checked."
I stare at her in horror. "Gen!" I exclaim in a panic. "I didn't want anyone to know! What if the person goes to our school?! Ohmygod call them back right now to see who it was!"
"Okay, okay! But I doubt they are gonna answer," she says. 
"Good, then we'll know who it is. Now call!" I demand.
She clicks the call button and puts the phone up to her ear. I hear it ring, then a click. Gen furrows her eyebrows and pulls the phone away to look at the screen. Then her face goes a bit blank. "The person answered and immediately hung up. They don't want us to know who they are." She looks at me, wide eyed. "I'm so sorry Jane!" she exclaims, upset.
I sigh and lean across the center consul to hug her. "it's okay, you didn't do it on purpose," I whisper. "Now lets get to school. My mom will kill me if I'm late."
"And we'll know if the mystery person is a gossiper," Gen says. 
"Not helping," I grumble. 
Gen starts the car and pulls the car onto the road, heading towards school. I prepare myself for gossip, true gossip, to start flying around about my secret.