‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 13

Kitty pushed Harry out of the way as Bellatrix tossed a curse at the boy, and with a wave of her wand, the Death Eater was flown back 20 feet before she dissaparated elsewhere.

“Go, Harry!” Kitty yelled, “Go find the Diadmen!”

Harry stared at his friend, who dodged a Killing Curse bravely, and stunned the Death Eater.

“Kitty, be careful you understand me!” Harry shouted, hugging her rightly, as he ran into the crowd, “Don’t let what you see prevent you from destroying it.”

Kitty gazed with trembling hands before she went running out of the Main Entry way of Hogwarts and towards the seventh floor bathroom, the cup of Hufflepuff held tightly in her hand.

Kitty!”

Turning around she stared as Luna stared at her breathless, “Luna what is it?”

“The Diadem, I know where it is! Where Harry can find it!” Luna exclaimed, wincing as they heard an explosion from the south hall, “Where’s Harry?”

“He went looking for it,” Kitty cried in exasparation, “Find Ron and Hermione they have the Marauder’s Map, they’ll help you!”

Luna nodded and raced towards her friend, hugging her tightly, “Be careful. Be brave.”

Kitty stared at her friend, that shared oddness along with her, and nodded, gripping her arm, “You too Luna.”

As Kitty yelled at First years, to find Mcgonagall as they screamed in panic she pushed through the crowds, of the stairs Kitty told everyone to run faster, as she pushed in the opposite direction, as the familiar snapping of apparating filled her ears, and the familiar dark smoke of Death Eaters filled her line of view. As she clambered up the stairs, Kitty stared as Yaxley apparated before her, stopping her in place.

“Thought you would never see me again Lovelie.” Yaxley snarled pointing his wand at the girl.

Confringo!” Kitty cried and jumped past Yaxley as the steps he stood on gave way and he tumbled down the floors, his wand flying from his hand.

“Go! Now! Get out of here!” Kitty cried to Seventh Year Hufflepuffs, who stared out windows with terrified eyes.

As Kitty approached the Seventh floor, she screamed and pointed her wand with a shriek as the sound of someone apparating behind her cracked in her ears.

“Everte Statum!” Kitty shrieked, just as her attacker yelled “Flipendo!”

Kitty landed towards a wall, harshly, her head bouncing as she hit the ground, the goblet flying from her grasp.

“K-kitty.” a meeble voice spoke as the owner groaned feet away from her.

Looking up as she summoned the goblet to her, she stared with hurt eyes as Draco stared at her, his wand pointed at her.

“I won’t hurt you.” Draco said weakly, placing his wand by his feet and hands up, in a surrender.

“What do you want?” she snapped harshly, even though her heart was beating rapidly at the sight of him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked her as he approached her letting her wand stab him in the jugular.

“I might ask you the same thing.” Kitty whispered, as he stared deep into her eyes, before glancing at her sweater where the owl was appearing once more in her necklace.

“Hogwarts.” Draco mumbled darkly, his eyes on the necklace, “That’s what the envelope kept receiving. You should learn to control your thoughts better.”

“You should learn to take a side in this fight, Draco.” Kitty whispered back, removing her wand, and turning away from him. The grasp he had on her arm, pulled her back to face him.

“Where are you going?” Draco whispered, his eyes suddenly full of worry, as Kitty stared back at him with hatred.

“You are nothing to me anymore, Draco Malfoy.” Kitty hissed, pulling her arm away from him, tears building in her eyes, “You are a traitorous lying sneak, that deserves what’s coming to
him, if anything at all if you decide to go hide behind Mummy and Daddy.”

“I want you safe.” Draco snarled, “I don’t care that you hate me, it’s what I’ve wanted since the beginning. Just get out here.”

“I can’t.” Kitty snarled, tears streaming down her face, “I’ve chosen a side.”

Kitty froze as Draco kissed her roughly, pulling her by her coat to him as he whispered as they kissed. Kitty cried out and pulled away, starring at him deeply, before she was pulled back in. She quickly wrapped her arms around his neck, savoring the moment. They both let out a contentful sigh; Before she let out a sob, and pointed her wand at Draco, “Stupefy!”
She watched as the boy flew back hard due to the force in wand and in her voice, watching as he stared blankly at the ceiling for a moment, before the spell caused him to stop blinking.

“I’m sorry, Draco.” Kitty whispered, before waving her wand once more, “Carpe Retractum.”

She watched as ropes flew out of the tip of her wand, where she carefully, and gently tied Draco’s wrists, feet, and gently gagged his mouth. She kissed his forehead, and raced towards the bathrooms once more.

She ignored Moaning Myrtle’s screams as she gripped the goblet and spoke the words Harry told her, and watched as the sinks began to move once more, as they had her second year, when she, Ron and Harry had journeyed the to Chamber of Secrets’s for the first time to rescue Ginny.
She gripped her wand, and the goblet, before she slid down the pipe line. Her eyes squeezed shut.



“Hermione!” Kitty cried out, pushing her friend out of the way as a giant spider launched itself in the air.

“Kitty, thank goodness.” Hermione grabbed her friend into a hug, and pulled her along the corridors with Ron, “Did you do it?”

“Yeah, it’s gone.” Kitty said breathlessly, the horror of Draco following the Dark Lord’s wishes to destroy her, left her mind as they were pushed out of the way as Lupin waved his wand at them as Duhlohov shot a red light towards them, “Where’s Harry? Luna was looking for him.”

“Don’t know.” Ron said pulling out the map, “He can’t have gone far-There! Sixth Floor.”

“Let’s go!” Hermione urged as they made a movement to turn around, “He’s probably gone for the Diadem.”

“Go,” Kitty shouted as she was separated from her friends, “Find Harry, I’ll be here!”

“Kitty, Come On!” Hermione screamed, “Please!”

“GO!” Kitty yelled as through the open corridor in the courtyard, a Giant swung it’s bat towards them.

Kitty!” Hermione screamed as Ron pulled her along.

Before she was pulled from sight, Hermione saw a large spider launch itself at the Muggle-born while her back was turned knocking her to the ground.



As Draco walked down the hall with Crabbe and Blaise, he twitched his neck, as he heard the scream of the girl he loved echoing in his head. The locket burning against his chest. The trio of Slytherin’s stopped walking as the entire castle shook, before they walked they’re way again.

“What’re we doing Malfoy?” Blaise asked warily as they came to a stop at the blank wall.

Draco could only sneer, “Fulfilling the Dark Lords wishes. Find Potter, and the Diadem.”



Fiendyre!” Luna yelled from beside Kitty, as the two girls encircled ten or more death eaters with fire, Kitty grasped her wand with two hands, “Ventus!”

Kitty gripped her wand tighter as Tonks approached the girls yelling the same spell as the wind caused the flame to be controlled and engulf the Death Eaters, as they screamed as the heat slowly began to close around them.

“Go, Luna, Kitty!” Tonks said as she gripped her wand with a single hand, controlling the wind with the other.

Kitty gave her friend a hesitant look, before running off. Luna separated from Kitty, where the short haired girl stood by Fred and George who were dueling Rookwood, and two of the Carrow’s.

“Fancy an explosion?!” Fred cried with a cackle as he deflected a red flame.

“Brilliant!” Kitty and George said.

All three, pointed there wands at the group of Death Eaters, “BOMBARDA-MAXIMA!

“I think we can thank Umbridge for that one!” Kitty cried as the Death Eaters flew back, the ground around them cracking and exploding. Rookwood escaping with a snarl.
Kitty ran towards the entrance hall just as Rookwood immediately cut her off. For the first time in a year, Kitty stared at the man’s scars on his face, her work from the previous year.
He merely cackled and gave her a crooked smile, before launching a green spell at the girl, which she dodged out of sheer luck, before it took part of her jacket.

“Luna run!” Kitty screamed as she entered the Entrance Hall, casting a spell at the Death Eater, welts appearing on his face, as he sent a strong Stunning spell towards her, which she deflected weakly, still pushing her down.

“HA!” Fred yelled pushing into Rookwood, who’s spell hit the wall above Kitty, saving her from death.

“Excellent!” George laughed at his twin, before sending the single Death Eater back with force.

Kitty stared with horror as Percy Weasley and George both battled a recovered Rookwood, watching as the Death Eater tripped his ‘Bombarda’ spell not going towards the men he was fighting and instead towards the corner of the Entrance Hall before them.
Everyone froze, Fred, George, Percy, Kitty, Rookwood, Padma Patil, and all. They watched as the stone ceiling cracked, before with a small poof, it exploded as if a million detonaters had touched the surface.

“KITTY!”



Draco gasped as he launched himself off of Harry’s broom, as soon as they exited the Room of Requirement. His chest was burning, and he couldn’t breath.

“C’mon.” he heard Harry urge, but was stopped as Granger spoke.

“Harry wait.” Hermione urged, stopping a few feet from Malfoy, “Something’s wrong-”

“Of course, something’s wrong!” Ron laughed sadistically, watching as Malfoy writhed on the floor.

Hermione glared at her friend, but urged Harry to go forward, who hesitated but did so.
Draco groaned and gasped as he felt the chain and the envelope brand themselves into his skin, causing him try and yank it off, but could not.
Hermione pushed Harry out of the way, and tore at Malfoy’s shirt, starring with horror as the necklace around the boy’s neck, glistened and hissed. She recognized the patterns as one that Kitty always wore around her neck, and stiffened.

“An Etsy, trinket?” she whispered.

The boy could not talk but he nodded and let out a groan as the chain finally gave way, he sat up in horror as the material began to crumble, he grasped at the envelope with horror, watching as it’s final words etched themselves on the gold before it turned to mere dust in his hand.
He stared at Hermione in horror, the Muggle-born knowing exactly what had happened. She glanced with tears in her eyes at her friends, the gold writing at the front of her mind. Never had an Etsy chain written more then one word, but now it did.

I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will update again with a good amount of comments!
so thank you everyone for the feedback :3 i appreciate it