‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 17

“Draco.”

Kitty glanced up as Narcissa stood at the main entrance of the castle her hand outstretched towards her only son, who refused to look at her.
Her voice, desperate, pleading, apologetic.

“We knew this day was coming Draco.” Kitty said softly to the blonde boy who refused to leave her side, “It’s over.”

It indeed was. The Dark Lord, the Elder Ward, and Hogwarts as they knew it was indeed gone. The Death Eaters, left without a master, who knew of nothing else, fled.
While, the students, the heroes, the victors, and those suffering loss stayed behind. The reckage all they had to know.

Draco turned to the small girl, bloodied, bruised, a sad look on her face, as he tried to read her expression, but for once could not.

“What do you mean over.” he stated lowly, ignoring his Mother and turning his full attention to the petite girl, as he held her in his arms, never wanting to let go, as he nudged a strand of short hair behind her ears.

“Over as in you must now choose a side.” Kitty whispered gently, touching his face with an exhausted hand, “Follow what was destroyed and will no longer be, but just be a fragment of the past, or choose what you’ve wanted for so long.”

The words slipped out of Kitty’s mouth with ease. Ever since escaping Malfoy Manor, she had dreaded saying the words, that would either leave her alone forever, or with the young man she loved and adored. But the world, would forever be a dark and gruesome place, full of treachery, hurt, and loss.

The idea, of having fought on the opposing team for so long seemed confusing to both young adults as the stood among the rubble.

Hermione, Ron and Harry sat on the steps of the Great Hall, watching as her friend, so brave and strong asked something important of the one she trusted.
Doubt, no longer crossed Harry’s mind, nor Ron’s, nor Hermione’s. Instead, it was replaced with fear, fear that their friend would not get what she wanted most in the world.

Draco glanced at his Mother, who’s face was growing wary, impatient and fearful, that her son would choose the Muggle born girl. Draco’s face paled, realizing, and knowing exactly what his Mother was thinking, but he couldn’t turn his back on the girl, who had given him so much, and lost, everything.

His heart could only drop, as Kitty’s face fell from his lack of response.
She had no family. No sisters, no Mother, due to his actions.
And he could only let go of her embrace and step away, as her brows furrowed in confusion and despair.

“The world will forever be a dark place, Kitty.” he said softly watching as the girl bit the inside of her cheek, “It’s going to hurt, but I cannot bare to see you lose more, and if I stay with you, it will surely happen.”

“Do you enjoy seeing me suffer, Draco?” she whispered, “You could be the only meaning of piecing me back together.”

“It isn’t worth it,” he stated darkly, as he ruffled his dirty blond locks.

“To you perhaps.” Kitty smiled sadly with a nod, “So you choose sides.”

“They don’t exist, but I choose a path.” Draco said, glancing at his Mother, who smiled unsure.

“Fine.” Kitty nodded, and reached behind her neck, “Since you’re protecting me, by staying away, I won’t be needing this. You won’t be needing to know my every move.”

Draco cringed, “Exactly.”

“I’ll always love you.” Kitty said softly, glancing behind her with glassy in her eyes, watching as Harry stood from his perch as Ginny approached him, Ron and Hermione.

The boy with Scar.
The Chosen One.
The Hero.

But most importantly The Friend could only watch as the blonde boy departed the destroyed hall with his Mother, before the vanished with a crack. He expected the small girl to burst into tears.
No.
Instead she approached her friends with a smile, as she wrapped her arms around the backs of their necks, bringing them closer, pulling them into a hug as she breathed deeply.
“I think I’ve had enough trouble for a lifetime.”
♠ ♠ ♠
wI apologize Sincerely for the lack of updates. I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry!!!!

I blame college.

But I'm back for the time being.

The stories about finished, possibly two chapters including the Epilogue. :]

So thanks for you all that stood by it :)

Please Check out my soon to be up and running stories that will be much of my Priority:
The Dawn: Batman
&
Said and Done: John O'Callaghan (The Maine)