‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 1

Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must needs be present, that love and live in that which is omnipresent. In this divine glass, they see face to face; and their converse is free, as well as pure. This is the comfort of friends, that though they may be said to die, yet their friendship and society are, in the best sense, ever present, because immortal.




Kitty Jenkin’s stared out her bedroom window deep in thought, watching the dark and approaching clouds rumble angrily, and spit lightning amidst it all. The grass of the vacant land that surrounded her, moved in the wind, sending dead leaves, dried leaves, and dust into the already dangerous air.
Her eyes, dull, and cold, stared blankly. Dark circles made her look tired, depressed. Not that anyone would see.
The house was silent, her family gone on holiday, they would be returning in a week. But a week was along time, if Kitty thought about it seriously. In one week, she would be rescuing Harry Potter, trying to survive a possible attack by Death Eaters at any given moment, and attend a wedding. And then come back home.
Even in the darkest of times, happiness and love could be found.
She violently slammed her window shut, just as the dark clouds consumed everything once more, and the rain shot down from the heavens. She sat her back against the one side of the bay windows starring with longing as she gripped the locket that would forever hang around her neck.

Alone.

She thought deeply, squeezing her eyes shut. Thinking back to the last moment, when she had touched him. Felt his lips on hers.
As she let her eyes open, it felt like a dream. No longer real.



Draco sat next to his mother, his eyes focused hard on the wood table infront of him. His eyes studying each crevice, each burn, each detail of the wood. He focused on anything, anything that would prevent him from glancing up at the pale, snake like man that sat at the head of the table, in his own house. He kept his gaze down, as he recognized the voice of his Potions Professor. He feared that if he looked up, he would kill the man.

“Potter is to be moved the Saturday after next.” Severus addressed Voldemort, immediately causing Draco’s pale eyes to snap to the head of the table, as did everyone’s in the room.

Draco glanced hesitantly at his Mother, who kept her gaze straight and cold, her hand gripping her husbands under the table.
Draco thought carefully, to the girl he had not seen since the death of Dumbledore. He had heard from her, but merely one worded thoughts. Words that brought him no comfort at all.
Draco jumped as, out of the corner of his eye he saw Voldemort address his father, and ask for his wand.
He kept his gaze down, and stared at his mother, her face stoney, but a flash of pain eminent on her face a she watched her husband hand over his wand. The action, amusing to other’s in the room.
He ignored the sound of the letter around his neck, as it received a message. He couldn’t look now. As much as he wanted to, as much as every negative part of his mind begged him to, he couldn’t.
It would have to wait. As it it always did now. He would have to wait, to see if the message was good or bad. Between life and death.

Severus.”

Draco, who had been starring forward since the beginning and stared up, just as everyone else did. He wanted to pull his eyes away, be could not, as he stared up at the Muggle Studies Professor. Bloodied, bruised and bound she stared down with pleading eyes.
He glanced down repulsed as Voldemort addressed the women, telling his followers who she was.
Draco stared with horror at the Muggle Studies Professor, as she fell from her chains above the table, her eyes blank and no longer glassy with tears or life.
She was dead.
Draco watched as he grew sick, at the sight of Nagini slithering her way up the Dark Lord's arm and onto the table, slithering towards her meal.
As Draco let his Mother grip his arm, Draco prayed and hoped that the girl he loved would be safe. For unlike her, she was surrounded by what she wanted, and that made her strong.
And as Draco sat, in the room full of people who thought he was like them, he felt weak.
Weaker then ever before.


“Kitty?”

The muggle born pulled her gaze away from a portrait of Harry’s ‘relatives’ as she stood in the Muggle house hold, Fred and George on either side of her as they stared at her curiously, tearing her away from her daze.

She glanced at Mad Eye who glanced at her with an annoyed look, “You agreed to partake in
this, did you not?”

She stared unsure, and blinked as she realized that everyone was starring at her.

“I do agree. That’s why I’m here.”

“If she’s distracted, that must be a hazard, don’t ya think?” Mundungus piped up from the back of the group, “She could get us all killed. Get Harry killed.”

“Shut it Mundungus!” Mad eye snapped, causing the girl to slouch from her place in the room.

“I’m not distracted.” she said darkly, causing Fred and George to chuckle.

She tuned out the rest of the conversation, as she continued to stare around the Muggle Household. It looked a lot like her own, except it was now empty, no signs of life. Well, hers didn’t either, their was no life, she barely left at all.

“Are we ready?”

“For?” Harry asked unsure, as Kitty finally glanced up, and rolled her eyes.

“To get you out of here.”

“She’s not distracted at all.” Ron mumbled to Hermione who rolled her eyes at her friend, before nudging him quiet.

“We all know the risks Potter.” Mad Eye said, before motioning to Hermione, who jumped forward and pulled out hairs from the top of his head, causing him to yelp and cringe.

“Blimey Hermione.” he winced.

Kitty watched as her friends took cautious sips of the polyjuice potion, Fleur muttering under her breath, before the vile was passed to her, she sipped it delicately before coughing violently. And grasped the locket, her one thought
‘Flight’.
♠ ♠ ♠
It may seem that Kitty will not be joining the trio on the adventure; but things change, don't they?

comment please