‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 2

“Don’t move her.”

Kitty breathed deeply, trying to ignore the pain that was the cause of making her immobile. She lay flat on her back, in front of the burrow, Mrs. Weasley, Lupin, Tonks, Harry and Hagrid glancing down at her with panic. The moment her broomstick had been hit by a spell, she had been thrown off, spiraling towards the earth. Her life would have ended if it had not been for a strange act from a death eater. Whom she knew immediately was Snape.
But even with the slowing down the spell caused, she still hit the ground with force and could not get up.

“Kitty, try and move your toes sweat-heart.” Molly insisted, watching as the girls face contorted in pain.

“I can’t.” Kitty groaned. She could move her arms, feel the dirt under her arms, in her hair. But she could not feel her legs, she couldn’t not feel the wet dirt squishing into her pants.

“Do you think it was the spell?” Harry asked urgently, glancing between the adults and his friend who gripped his hand.

“Must’ve been.” Lupin said roughly, “We’ll get her inside and see what we can do. It will have to wear off at some point.”

Kitty dig her nails into Harry’s shoulder as he and Lupin quickly carried her inside the house, just as Mr. Weasley came in supporting George, who was bleeding off the side of his head.
Harry supported his friend and laid her down on the couch, as he stared into her eyes, she froze and grew sad as his eyes flashed with hatred and remorse, before he walked away.



Kitty sat, now able to after help from Bill and Mr. Weasley. She sat in the middle of the field that surrounded the Burrow. Her eyes shut, as she inhaled the fresh air.
Hermione, Ron and Harry who were a few yards away, stared unsure at their friend. Who, had grown far more distant they had really wanted. Hermione let out a sigh, as the light shined over Kitty, exposing her almost gaunt like state, pale complexion and dark circles under her eyes.

“Should we talk to her?” Ron asked unsure, causing Hermione to immediately scoff.

“She’s our friend Ronald.” she hissed, “She didn’t do anything wrong.”

“She knew what was going to happen to Dumbledore.” Harry growled menacingly, ripping out a strand of grass, causing his two friends to stare, now unsure.

“Harry, it’s as though she didn’t know. We all suspected Malfoy, and h-he didn’t do it. It was really Snape.” Hermione urged.

“But if she had told us what Malfoy was up to in the first place, their would possibly still be some ounce of hope.” Harry stated, glaring coldly at the pale girl.

“Dumbledore wouldn’t want you to hate her Harry.” Hermione urged, “Were just as fault as she is-”

“Hermione.” Harry groaned.

“We suspected the wrong person. From the beginning.” Hermione insisted.

The three glanced up as Kitty approached them unsure. Hermione gave her a hopeful smile, Ron tried grinning, but it came out as a grimace. And Harry made no effort at all.

“How’re you feeling?” Ron asked first, causing Hermione to beam and Harry to roll his eyes.

“A lot better thanks,” Kitty said slowing sitting down next to Ron and Hermione, her gaze fixated on Harry, “My back is stills sore. I expect it will be for a while now.”

The two nodded, glancing at Harry. Hermione looked as if she was about to explode, Ron just stared nervously between them all.

“Tell her then.” Harry stated roughly, gazing at Hermione, who was turning pink.

“About the Horcruxes?” Kitty questioned dully.

The three stopped.

“You can call me a traitor all you want Harry, but I was still your friend last year, always will be. I payed attention, I know what’s going on.” Kitty said, her tone obvious with hurt, and her pale cheeks glowing a faint pink.

Harry took a deep breath, “What do you know?”

“That you want to find the horcruxes.” she simply.

Hermione smiled delicately, Ron unsure, and Harry slightly hesitant.

“We need you to come with us, Kitty.” Hermione said, causing Harry’s gaze to snap from the pale girl to the curly haired on, “You have something to contribute to the end of him as much as us.”

“I don’t think it’s necessary.”

Harry stared, shocked that his friend spoke the words he was about to say. And he immediately felt remorse.

“It is Kitty,” Hermione pushed, “It’s the four of us, always has been.”

“Yeah, and it’s going to be the trio.” Kitty frowned, “I have to go home, eventually. Take care of my Mum...”

The three immediately glanced at Hermione, who flushed and glanced down.

“I know you did what you had too, because you are leaving. But I’m not, I can still do something.” Kitty assured her friend.

“Dad said it’s getting a lot more dangerous for Muggle Borns and their families.” Ron stated, glancing unsure at Harry and Hermione, before meeting Kitty’s gaze, “They’re infiltrating the Ministry, little by little. They have records and everything. If you go home, they’ll know. And they’ll assume you know where were going.”

“But I won’t.” Kitty sighed.

Harry stared up at his friend, before sighing, “I have to say, I agree with Ron and Hermione.”

Kitty sighed, agitated, “Nothing’s going to happen to me.”

“You don’t know that Kitty!”

“You have to fight for something, you have to defeat him.” Kitty urged, “I can stay and protect those who were left behind.”

“That’s not an option.” Harry stated roughly, “You do what has to be done to protect your family, but you are not staying behind.”

“Think about the people who would suffer if something happened to you?” Hermione pleaded,
“Your Mum, your sisters, us, Malf-”

She immediately cut off her sentence, as her friends face grew pale once more.

“Think about it, Kitty. Please.” Hermione begged.

Kitty didn’t answer. But an inner battle brewed inside of her as she had to choose where to fight. She tightly gripped the owl that was around her neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the subscriptions guys! Please comment too! :]