‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 3

Kitty sat along side Fred and George in the yard, as Ginny peered through the window trying to catch a look of what was happening inside the Burrow’s living room, as moments before the Minister had walked in, declaring that the will of Albus Dumbledore was finally established.

“What do you think they’re going to get?” George asked, turning to Kitty who merely shrugged.

“What if Harry get’s Hogwarts?” Fred asked with an enthused smile, that got a small smile out of Ginny and an eye roll from his twin and companion.

“He can’t do that you twat.” Ginny laughed.

“It must be important, maybe something that links to defeating ‘You Know Who’?” Ginny said thoughtfully, turning towards Kitty, with interest.

Kitty rolled her eyes and huffed, “I don’t know a thing Ginny. They hate me.”

Ginny, Fred and George said nothing, because like the entire household, that is the impression they were under.



“Kitty stop feedgeting.” Fleur snapped amused, “You are making eet very difficult to finish your hair.”

“I don’t need anything special.” Kitty replied haughtily, as she sat on a stool in the kitchen with Mrs. Weasley, Fleur and her sister, Hermione and Ginny.

The wedding was in 8 hours, and Kitty continuously failed to understand why it needed to take this long to do her hair.

“Now young lady,” Mrs. Weasley smiled as she straightened Ginny’s hair, “Special occasions like this don’t come around to often. Don’t you want to look nice, impress someone.”

Hermione and Ginny glanced up at Mrs. Weasley warily, watching as Kitty’s face paled and her eyes turned glassy, as she played delicately with the necklace around her neck, her lip began trembling.

“N-no, no one special Mrs. Weasley.” Kitty choked out, the adults failing to notice her tone of voice.

“Are you sure, I thought you and Harry always had something special-”

Kitty who had just placed one of her cherry candies in her mouth, inhaled violently and instantly began choking. Hermione glanced at Ginny, who was giggling uncontrolably.

“Is it, is it not Harry, dear?”

“It’s no one, Molly. Honestly.” Kitty wheezed.

“Then who gave you the necklace.”

“You should reelly stop prying Molly-” Fleur started.

“A friend. Gave it to me.” Kitty said delicately, before she felt a hand land on her shoulder, glancing sideways, she spotted the slightly glowing skin and the ring on her finger and smiled at Fleur.

“Vell, you must mees hee[//i]m very much.” Fleur said delicately.

Hermione and Ginny stared at their friend, who slowly growing pink around her nose as she nodded.



Draco sat in the large room, starring into the fire place unsure, as his Aunt, Father and Mother paced around him.

“They’re going to try, tonight?” his Father questioned, his tone quivering.

“I just said that, you incompetent troll.” Bella hissed and her brother in law, before starring at her sister with annoyance, and at her nephew who was seated.

He ignored their constant bickering as he had been for several hours, and several days now. He jumped however as he heard the soft inscriptions of something being written on the envelope.
Glancing over his shoulder, he unnoticably tousled his hair, before pulling up the chain and red it carefully, before tucking it in once more.

Longing.

He felt his stomach drop.

He stood from his chair, as the floor creaked under his weight, he expected the trio of adults to turn to him, but instead they continued they’re arguing. Making his way towards the stair case, hi ignored Wormtail, who gave him a suspicious stare, before going on his way.

He quietly shut the door to his bedroom, and walked towards his closet where he had hidden small items that proved that what happened the previous year at Hogwarts really did.
He found, the now empty box of cherry sweets and opened it, the soft and fainting smell filled his nose. He found the remnants of the picture Kitty had given him for Christmas, half of it was gone, the spell that had been cast on it, gone as well. All was left was the recent picture of Kitty from back then, peering at him past the singed edges, she smiled at him unsure from the paper, starring up at him as his eyes filled with tears.

“I miss you.” he said in a soft tone, ignoring the anger.

The Kitty in the in the picture gave him a knowing look as she too, nodded. Her hand reached up and pressed against what could’ve been a window-

What do we have here?”

Draco dropped the picture and the box, and stared unsure at his Aunt, Mother and Father. Wormtail smiling confidently from behind the three.

“Well?” Lucius snarled.

“Going to send an owl to your little girlfriend?” Bellatrix hissed at the boy, who stared up at him,
“Don’t you worry, you’ll be in contact with her soon enough.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe please. Next update should be up on Wednesday or Thursday... maybe even Tonight.
And I'm really excited to post it!