‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 4

Harry and Ron sat together at a table they were sharing with Kitty and Hermione. Accordingly, Kitty had approached them before the wedding, and agreed to join them on the hunt for Horcruxes. Harry doubted her, Hermione was convinced. But as long as the frizzy haired girl let the idea go, she was set.

“You think she’s lying?” Ron asked deeply as he sipped at his Butterbeer, nudging Harry, and motioning to their friend who was dancing with a large smile on her face as Fred turned her around.

Harry couldn’t answer. As much as he wanted to think of her a traitor he couldn’t. She was their friend, his friend. He cared for her just as she knew she cared for him. She had stuck by them from the beginning. Fighting against Voldemort in the forest, risking poison in the dungeons when they had searched for the stone. Figuring out that Parstletongue was they key to getting them into the Chamber and then getting Petrified. Knowing, but keeping it a secret that Sirius was his godfather, but making him be able to feel like he had a family for a moment. Warning him, that the Triwizard Tournament was a test for what was to come. Nearly being killed in the hunt for the Prophecies, helping him through his pain. And, being his friend when he needed her most. And now, he couldn’t bare to not have his friend by his side. The idea seemed unrealistic.

“I honestly hope not.” Harry said, starring at his friend who clapped once the music ended, before he stood and made his way towards her.

“Can I dance with you?” he asked as she smiled unsure.

She nodded, and hugged Fred, before allowing Harry to take her waist.

“Hope you’ve gotten better since the Yule Ball.”

He laughed delicately, “I am a boy of many talents.”

“A man of many. You’re clearly not a boy anymore Harry.” Kitty smiled somberly as the moved side to side to the slow music, “The chosen one. With an uncontrollable unforeseeable future.”

“Don’t we all?” he asked.

Kitty hugged him tightly, “You’ll do great you know.”

“We all will.” Harry chuckled at his friend, hugging her just as tightly, pushing out of his mind that she was trying to hint that something.

“Of course.” Kitty smiled into his shoulder, her eyes turning glassy at the thought of what was going to happen eventually.

“I’m sorry, for how I’ve treated you.”

She shook her head, “I deserved it I suppose. But it’s good to hear you say that before-”

Harry froze as the music ended and the crowd clapped, but he stared at his friend.

“You’re not coming with us, are you?” Harry asked painfully as the music started up once more, but the two stayed rooted to the spot.

“I can’t Harry.” Kitty spoke, her lip trembling, “My Mum and sisters they need me. And I can help from here. The Order, help Molly. She’ll be losing two sons y’know.”

“And I’ll be losing my best friend.” Harry stated in soft anguish, tugging her off the dance floor, his hands grasping hers tightly, as they both held pained expressions.

"You'll be okay Harry. You're a great wizard. You really are." Kitty smiled sadly at her friend, hugging him tightly, as they reached the table.

"Not as great as you." he whispered, afraid Hermione would hear.

"Books, bravery, nothing compared to you. Love, heroics, chaos, you’re true bravery." as her friend hugged her back, she stared at him in the eye, "Harry, just be careful."

The two had just sat down, before a bright white light flew into the tent, the music stopped abruptly and everyone stared at the patronous.

"The Ministry has fallen...Minister of Magic is Dead…They are Coming…They are Coming"


Kitty gripped Harry’s arm and shoved him towards Hermione and Ron, both who stared shocked.

Hermione stared at her with horror, “Kitty, y-y-you can’t stay!”

“Hermione-” Kitty began, as her friend stared with tears in her eyes.

“Harry tell her! S-She can’t!” Hermione sobbed, reaching for her friend.

“Their’s two kinds of bravery Hermione.” Kitty said holding her friend tightly as someone screamed and hooded figures began apparating and guests began dissaparating, “And you have both.”

“And what about you?” she whispered.

“I’ve got enough.” she whispered back hugging her friend tightly as they cried

"You'll be careful." Ron whispered rushed hugging the girl tightly, as chaos broke, "We'll find you-"

"Or I'll find you." Kitty nodded, watching as guests of the wedding Disapparated, before she met
Harry's gaze gripping the wand tightly, "You are the chosen one, Harry. Don't you forget it. You will defeat him."

Harry nodded and watched as his friend turned her backs to them, wand at the ready as Dark hooded figures began appearing, before Hermione made them disappear.

Kitty stared with tears in her eyes as her friends vanished and she gripped her wand tightly just as Rookwood lunged at her.

Bombarda!” Kitty shrieked as the Death Eater began the curse of death.
She rushed casting a Death Eater off of Ginny, who once free stared at her.

“They’re gone. Aren’t they.” she whispered.

Kitty closed her eyes, “yes.”

Opening them, she saw Ginny gone and running towards her Mother. Fred and George pulled Kitty with them as the tent burst into flames.



“Kitty, this is very important.” Remus asked as he leaned towards the girl, who held a very composed and serious expression as she was ‘interrogated’, “Where did they go?”

“I can’t tell you Remus, I don’t even know.” Kitty said closing her eyes, and causing Mrs. Weasley to cry in anguish, “I was sworn in by Dumbledore, by Harry. As were Ron and Hermione. I know what they have to do, as Dumbledore’s last will. But as to where they are going, I do not know.”

“But you were going to go with them.” Arthur said easily, “You had no idea as to where you would start?”

“Not a clue.”

“What do you know, Kitty? Please.” Molly clung to the girls arm.

The girl close her eyes and held on tightly to the necklace, tears cascading down her cheeks.

“It will all end soon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
: [

next chapter is more exciting, but not in the good way.