‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 5

Kitty sat infront of King’s Cross station, her knees jumping up and down continuously, her bags lay by her feet and her mobile tightly in hand, as she waited for her Mother to come and retrieve her from this busy world.
It had been two weeks since the wedding. It was safe to say that Molly and Arthur were both distraught. But as promised, Kitty would be doing her best to defend both of her families and magical and non. Also expected, Kitty hadn’t heard from Harry, Hermione or Ron. And she knew she wouldn’t be able to, with Voldemort having power in the Ministry, more owl’s were going to be intercepted then they had been 5th year. She wasn’t rethinking her decision to stay, no. She just wondered what was really happening. Knowing the way Ron always thought, he was most likely thinking that they would be getting closer to defeating Voldemort everyday, destroying Horcruxes weekly and coming back home for the Holidays. A person could dream-

Buzz...Buzz

She froze as she felt her mobile buzz loudly from her purse. She had a feeling, that she knew who it was, but she couldn’t be sure. Her Mum never called her on the mobile, the only person was Draco.

He stood in the telephone booth in the center of the rain wet down. Droplets slid down the glass with ease, as his breath fogged up the glass nearest him. Peering out, he thought he spotted to cloaked figures standing in an alley. Blinking, he saw they were gone. But he knew they had a right to suspect him of failing or protecting her-

“D-Draco?”

He froze and nearly dropped the Muggle contraption as her voice met his ears, sending chills up his spine, and his heart to race, and a pit to grow in his stomach.

“Hi.” he said softly, swallowing loudly, as he listened to her breathing, wishing he could feel it against his cheek as he held her tightly. He knew she was crying as she hiccuped.

“H-How are you? You’re all right, aren’t you?”

Draco felt his own cold eyes fill with tears of anguish as he lightly cleared his throat, “Yes, everything’s fine... And you? I heard, obviously, of what happened at Weasley’s wedding.”

He closed his eyes as he heard her intake a sharp breath, “I’m sure you did.”

“Don’t say it like that.” he said painfully, at her sharp tone.

“How should I say it then?” she whispered back.

“I don’t know honestly.”

They stayed silent for a moment, listening to the sound of each others breathing.

“I-I miss you, Draco.” she said softly, and he imagined her nose slowly turning pink, her cheeks too.

Blast Draco clenched his fist, “I miss you too, Kitty.”

“They left you know.” she said softly.

“They leaved you behind?” Draco said softer still, wishing that the trio had taken her.

“I chose to stay.” she said with a gulp.

“Why?” he asked, guilt consuming him, at the way things were turning out. For the worst.

“My family, and some one needed to stay, make sure that the Order was still strong.”

“You should’ve gone Kitty.” he whispered, “I-It’s not safe for you anymore.”

She chuckled, “I know Draco, but I won’t run away. Harry, h-he had to because it’s his destiny. Hermione left her parents, Ron’s are strong. M-mine, are Muggles, but I couldn’t erase their memories.”

You should have Draco groaned, “So you’re going home, then?”

The mark on his wrist burned, and he imagined Bellatrix’s and the Lord’s delight.

“Yeah, I have no where else to go, I can’t really go after the others, I don’t know where they are.”

Draco paled, “Y-you don’t?”

“No.” Kitty sighed.

In the background he heard the honk of a car and Kitty speak quickly.

“I have to go, I’m going to be home in about 2 days time, long trip.”

“Kitty listen to me please-” Draco began.

“Call me, again please.” she sighed, “I-I love you, and miss you, terribly.”

“Kitty I,” he tried, “I love you but listen-”

“I’ll talk to you, okay?” she cried soflty.

“Kitty don’t go-”

Click.

He squeezed his eye as a tear slid down his cheek.

“Don’t go home.”



Draco hung the phone on Muggle Phone booth, feeling absolutely sick to his stomach, before with a crack of his wand, he disapparated , and appeared in his own living room. He glanced around, meeting his Parents, Aunt and Greyback’s stares.
Before anyone could utter a word, he bent over, gagging before he vomited, causing his aunt and Greyback to laugh. His Mother to stare with worry, and his Father to stare with distain and disgust.

“Well, Draco.” Bellatrix mused with an eary smile.

Draco gagged once more and stared up at his aunt, repulsed, “She’s going home.”

Bellatrix cackled, before she smirked at Greyback.

“How long will it take for her to arrive?” the werewolf asked the pale boy.

“She doesn’t know where they are.” he stated, causing his Father to stare at him sharply.

“She told you.... Or did you warn her.”

Draco avoided his gaze, “She told me. I couldn’t-”

“Warn her?” Bellatrix said in a sickish girly tone, “Good, because it’s not what you are supposed to do.”

As the adults left the room, he grasped the envelope, before punching the mantel.
Home
♠ ♠ ♠
D: comments please!