‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 6

Kitty sat carefully in her bedroom, starring out the window just as the sun set giving the trees in the yard a stretched out look. Her sisters were laughing loudly from the first floor, her Mother’s chuckles echoing up the stair case, as she told the younger girls to lower their voices and the TV, telling them to respect their elder sister who was ‘asleep’ upstairs.
Kitty, however wasn’t tired at all.
Her mind was racing. She had talked to Draco, two days ago, and the sound of his voice had made her feel alive once more. It was a surreal feeling. But it made her feel complete.
As she heard the sound of feet pounding up the stairs, Kitty quickly tucked away her necklace and smiled from her perch as her youngest sister pushed open the door.

“You know you have to knock Bailey.” Kitty smiled at her youngest sister, who had now grown a couple inches, her hair longer too, her baby fat disappearing.

Bailey rolled her eyes, “Mummy told me I had to get you up. She said you’ve been up here too long.”

“Did she now?”

Her sister nodded with a frown.

“Well I think you’ve been cooped up in front of the telly too long don’t you think.”

“Mum won’t let us go outside.”

Kitty glanced up as Bonnie leaned against the door frame, watching their youngest sister climb into the window sill with the eldest girl.

“Why?” Kitty frowned starring at the youngest who merely shrugged.

“Because of what happened last year at your school. And because she says it’s not

safe, after what happened at that wedding.” Bonnie frowned.
Kitty stared unsure at her sister, somewhat disturbed by her attitude, sounding just like Harry’s Aunt Petunia, when it came to things of the Magical world.

“Well, I’ll talk to Mum at dinner. I’ll take you two out, to the creek or something. You’re safe with me.” Kitty stated seriously.



“Mum,”

Bonnie and Bailey glanced up at the sound of their elder sister addressing their mother as the
four of them sat round the dinner table, eating their meal of soup and sandwiches.

“Yes Kitty.”
Kitty ignored the tone her Mother gave her, “I was wondering, if I could take Bailey and Bonnie out, they said they haven’t left the house-”

“Absolutely not.” her Mother stated darkly, “Why would I allow such a risk to happen?”

“They’d be safe with me.” Kitty urged, “I can use magic, I’m of age-”

“You’re still my little girl.” her Mother snapped, slamming her spoon down on the wooden table, causing the room to be silenter, Bailey stopped slurping on her spoon and stared cautiously.

“Mum, if you would just listen.”

“No Kitt.” her Mother said pinched her eyes shut, “You’re all not leaving this house.”



“Won’t Mummy get mad?” Bailey asked as she took a seat next to her sisters. All three were laying in a meadow 4 miles outside of town, dandelions surrounded them. The breeze was calm, but as Kitty stared at the sky, her wand grasped tightly in her hand, she couldn’t help but have a feeling of a sense of eeriness. She glanced at her younger sister, with a smile, “No, because I used magic to get us here in a minute, and I can use magic to get us there just as quick.”

Bonnie, who lay beside her sister, stared at the ‘wooden stick’ in her hands. Starring at the patterns with distaste.

“Why do you carry that thing with you?”

Kitty glanced at the middle sister with annoyance, “Why wouldn’t I?”

“You look ridiculous. A freak, almost.” Bonnie frowned.

Kitty ignored the stinging in her face at her sisters words, “I’d rather you two be safe, then be considered a freak in your books.”

Bonnie remained silent and rolled onto her side, while Bailey glared at her, “I think it’s cool.”

Kitty smiled and rolled onto her stomach on the grassy field, enjoying the feeling of the green on her skin, she grasped her necklace and thought carefully, ignoring the stares Bonnie was shooting at her.

“Are you sure Mummy won’t mind?” Bailey thought twirling a flower in her tiny fingers.

“No. If she needs us home immediately she can call my mobile.”

Freak.

The girls sat quietly for hours to come, the youngest two had fallen asleep. Kitty stared straight, into the sky, her eyes narrowing as the sky continuously grew darker. The sound of thunder rumbling in the distance forced her to sit up straight, her wand gripped tightly in her hand.
She felt her phone buzz once in her pocket, but as she reached for it, it stopped. She stared at the number, recognizing it as the number of the telephone booth Draco would use. And she froze.

“Don’t go home.”

Kitty felt herself grow sick in her stomach, “Mum.”

She stared at the darkening sky, observing how it looked just as it had when Dumbledore was killed.

“Wake up. Now!”

Bonnie and Bailey frowned and stared with unsure glances at their sister who now stood, panic stricken.

“What is it?” Bonnie frowned.

All three girls jumped at the sound of the thunder.

“We have to go home.” Kitty said, her lip trembling.

“Why?” Bailey whined.

“We have to. And I need the two of you to listen to me, when we get there, you have to listen to everything I tell you. Understand.”
Bailey nodded, but Bonnie seemed to understand her sister’s panic.

“What’s happening?”

Kitty ignored her sisters question, “Promise me.”

The two girls nodded, and grasped onto Kitty’s arm tightly, as they all in took a breath as they dissaparated. The landed a few feet behind the thicket that was beside the house.

“Be quiet. Be still.” Kitty whispered to the girls as they stared at the sky, as rain slowly began to fall.

She stared carefully at the windows of the house, their was no movement in the second floor-

Down.” Kitty hissed pulling her sisters to the ground as they lay in the tall grass as a hooded figure walked around the side of the house.

“Who-?”

Bailey began loudly, Bonnie quickly covered her mouth, but it was too late the figure turned towards them, wand drawn.
Bonnie and Bailey stared with panic as the figure walked slowly towards they’re hiding spot.
Kitty moved gently, quietly in the grass, using her elbows to push herself over, until she was right by the Death Eaters shoe.

“Petrificus Totalus.”

She watched as the figure stiffened and fell with a flop to the ground. Before she motioned her sisters towards her, as they crawled she shook.

“I’m going to get us to the basement.” she whispered, “You two are going to hide. I-I’m going to find Mum.”

“Kitty-”’

“Bailey, listen to me, promise me, that whatever happens, you will stay hidden?”
Bailey said nothing, neither did Bonnie.



Kitty shook with terror as the snatchers tied her next to a group of boys and girls her age, and a group of Goblins.

“If you all think you have any sheer luck of getting out of her, you might want to think hard of where your valuables are.” Sabrior hissed as Runcorn walked around the group, his wand out hitting and zapping the occasional ‘kidnapees’ who let out sobs. Kitty stared at the ground below her, her hands glistening in the moonlight with the blood of her sisters, she shook with fright as Grey Back put his face in her line of view. She did the best to stop the tears from spilling, her head was throbbing from where she had been hit, the world still spinning.

“You’re the girl, that cursed Duhlohov.” Fenrir snarled in amusement, “Left him in a right state.”

Kitty’s bottom lip trembled as the man grabbed her chin tightly and made her look at him, “Were those your sisters, the girls, that died to save you.”

Kitty let out a strangled sob, and cried out louder, earning a sharp jab to the ribs with a shoe, and shock spell to the spine.

“Ho ho! What’s this Mudblood?”

Kitty glanced up as Runcorn stared with greed at the gold chain that popped out of the girls sweater. The only thing that crossed her mind as the man ripped it from her throat was ‘snatched’.
Kitty watched as she was hoisted to her feet with the others, as the owl in the cage disappeared.



Draco sat in his bathroom his hands sweating, fear dripping from every inch of his body, as tears shook him.
Hours ago, a single word inscribed itself on the simple silver envelope around his neck.

Snatched.

Now he sat, after visitors arrived, after stealing from a group of MuggleBorns that were taken to the Ministry. As GreyBack, and Scabior displayed necklaces and trinkets to the ladies of the house, Bellatrix and Narcissa, but the only item that caught Draco’s eye was a gold necklace that hung from Scabior’s neck. Seeing it, Draco acted quickly stunning the man, much to his Mother’s horror and his Aunt’s delight. He took the chain from the man, and bounded up the stairs. His mother’s pitiful eyes on him the entire time.

Now Draco sat, his back against the cold marble tub, the envelope hanging on his neck, now blank. The gold chain gripped in his fist as he sobbed, the owl gone, forever. Until it’s owner placed him around her neck again. And for that Draco sobbed harder, for he knew it would never happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
D:

comments please.