‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 7

Walking through the Ministry of Magic, Kitty Jenkin’s couldn’t help but allow cold and fear to overcome her as she passed by Muggle Borns that were in the same position as she was.
Thin, pale, sickly looking, and with shaven heads.
She remained silent, as quiet sobs raked her entire body as the Ministry Official pulled her into an elevator. She glanced at her clothes, worn out and dirty, her hands and fingers bloodied and bruised, possibly broken. Her gaze was focused on the dark tiled floor, her feet, like her hands and entire body, were bruised, and bloody.

“Hold Please.”

“Morning Albert, new batch of Muggle Borns brought in early this Morning.” the Official holding Kitty s left arms said in a bored tone, “Dolores already wants to get started on the lot.”

“Ah, I see.”

Daring herself to look, Kitty caught the stare of Albert Runcorn, the man who had caught her himself, and the other snatchers. Along side with him was a small middle aged woman and a balding man, all three who stared at her with wide eyes.

“When is her trial?” the women piped up, as she gave the girl a worried, and horrid stare.

“You should know Mafalda, aren’t you doing notes with Umbridge today?”

“Oh,” the women squeaked as the Officials gave her a doubtful look, “...Yes, I just happened to forget the time-”

Kitty was about to make a break for it, when she felt the guards grasp on her shoulder loosen,
but stopped when pale faced Yaxley stepped forward into the elevator, and addressed the balding man who was sweating up a storm of nerves.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in my Office Cattermole, it s been raining in their for days now,”
the man sneered at the other, before letting his gaze fall towards Kitty, who whimpered and cowered back, only to be held in place.

“Haven’t you tried an umbrella?”

Kitty frowned as did the guards, to see Reginald address the man with no respect.

“Sarcasm won’t get you anywhere Reg.” Yaxley said with his nose high in the air, “You shouldn’t be taking it easy now should you, with your wife about to be tried now.”

“My w-wife?”

“Had no idea did you now?” Yaxley cackled, “Well fix my office, and maybe I’ll lend in a word to your favor. Come on then.”

Cattermole’s face flushed as he stepped out, and Yaxley let the golden gates close and the elevator moved.

Kitty stared straight ahead of her into the darkness praying, tears streaming down her cheeks as she felt the familiar chill that was the Dementors.

“Kitty.”

She glanced wide eyed as Runcorn shot a whisper in her direction, before glancing at the
Guards, who were oblivious, and nudged her with his hand.

“Kitty, it s me.”

She stared, brows furrowed, as she slowly began to recognize the voice, and the facial expressions on the two strangers in the elevator.

“Harry-” she whispered, before turning to Mafalda, who didn’t look like Mafalda at all, the relaxed expression the woman usually wore was one of terror and worry.

“Hermione-”

“Out we go.”

“No, wait.” Kitty started as she saw the black corridor and the cold feeling becoming stronger as she was dragged out.

“Come on you,” the guard hissed, snatching her by the prisoners dress, and snatching her wrists as they cuffed them in chains, “Coming Mafalda?”

“Oh, yes.”

She gave the last boy a pleading stare, before the Elevator closed and pulled back. Leaving a shaking Hermione, and Kitty who was growing fainter by the second.

“This way Miss. Jenkin’s.

“No, please, wait-” Kitty said desperately as she felt her self grow weaker as they entered the courtroom. Where a familiar woman dressed in pink, with a cat patronous stood at the head.

“Sit.”

Kitty stared with horror as she was sat in the center of the room, before glancing up, her stomach
dropping at the sight of the hundreds of Dementors, fighting to get through the Patronous.

“Have a seat too Mafalda, we must get started, long list of liars today.” Dolores spoke.

Kitty watched, as the guards chained her to the stiff wooden chair, as Hermione made her way to a high seat beside Dolores, her eyes wide and terrified.

“You are Kitt Jane-Elizabeth Jenkins.”
Hermione watched in terror as her friend sat in the chair, gave a single shaky nod.

“A wand was taken from you, upon your arrival here two weeks ago.” Umbridge spoke with a wide, evil smile, and pulled out a simple, light brown wand, “Eight and two quarter inches, made of Rosewood, with Unicorn hair core. Do you know the description?”

Hermione watched as Kitty nodded, before she turned to look up at the women with the toad smile, who sneered, “Can you tell me Miss Jenkin’ s from which witch you took this from? “

“I never-”

“Now don’t lie Miss Jenkin’s, it won’t get you anywhere, We know children of Muggle’s can’t produce magic.”

Hermione watched, as Kitty broke into heart wrenching sobs, “I didn’t, I swear I didn’t take it. I got it, when I was eleven years old, it chose me."

Umbridge grinned wider, “You see that is where I see the false of this, Miss Jenkins, wands choose people with magical abilities, and you have none.”

Hermione, felt like crying herself, when Kitty s bottom lip began trembling, and fresh tears spilled down her face.

“Hermione.”

Just as expected as Harry crept closer towards his disguised friend, she jumped and nearly dropped her bottle of ink, causing Umbridge to give her a sneer.

“ It’s me.”

Hermione nodded to herself, and watched as Yaxley entered the room, “Tell me Yaxley, this girl was hiding with three Muggles was she. Fit in perfectly, didn’t she?”

“She did,” Yaxley sneered at the girl who trembled, “They tried to hide her, but we all now Muggle children who know that they are magic-less let their curiousity get the best of them.”

Harry and Hermione watched in horror, as Kitty sobbed loudly, “Young muggle children, will follow anything, even to the death.”

Hermione let out a strangled noise, as Kitty cried louder and harder, and Harry gripped the back of Hermiones chair, stopping himself from attacking Umbrdige who was beeming, before he saw it, the locket.

Kitty stared through her tea stained lashes, as Hermione addressed Dolores. Yaxley's gaze however remained on the young terrified Muggle born.

“Ah yes, an old family heirloom, Umbridge said patting the locket that lay against her chest, Been in my family for generations, a pure blood family,” she stopped talking and sneered over at Kitty, “Can’t say the same for you can I? Parent s Proffession before death Painters.

Kitty stared with hot tears pooling out of her eyes, a pain in her chest, as she thought of her dead parents and siblings that died to save her life, but it would all be going to waste.

It was Umbridge’s lie, and no emotion towards Kitty and the locket, that made blood boil in
Harry’s mind that caused him to raise his wand, and stun the witch.

Kitty screamed as a flash of red hit Umbridge square in the chest, toppling her over, watching as her papers, and wand flew and landed on the floor.

Hermione quickly snatched the locket form Umbridge, sending a small spell towards Yaxley. As Harry and Hermione shot spells at the left over guards, they failed to notice Umbridge’s fluffy cat of a Patronous, slowly begin to disappear.

As Hermione made a movement to leave her seat, she glanced at the center of the room, as she saw Kitty frozen in fear, starring up, tears frozen in her eyes as the Dementors began the descent.

“HARRY!” Hermione screamed pointing a finger at Kitty over a man she had stunned at-
“Kitty!”

Harry stopped moving and watched with terror as Kitty let out a strangled scream before a single Dementor’s slimy, scabbed and thin hand grabbed the trapped Muggle Born's chin and forced her face back.

“EXPECTO PATRONUM!”

As the stag raced around the chamber sending the Dementor s back to the ceiling, Hermione raced towards their friend as another Dementor swept up to her, coming to a halt, it’s mouth to hers as it began to suck up the silky existence from the young girl. The young girls eyes rolling back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the lack of updates.
Just think of my absence from the story, as the time Kitty was locked away in the Ministry of Magic