‹ Prequel: Disenchanted
Status: Complete (2016)

Ocean's Burning

Chapter 8

Please Read Author's Note


Draco paced slowly in his room, gripping the copy of the Daily Prophet. Where on the front page was the moving photo of Potter, Granger and Weasley making a break from the Ministry, after breaking out Muggle Borns. What drew Draco’s attention towards the article, was that as the pictures moved he caught sight of a sickly looking girl with familiar dark hair, now short, tucked under Potter s arm.
He quickly recognized Kitty Jenkins.
“Draco-”
He ignored his Mother s voice through his bedroom door as she knocked over, and over again.
The break out had happened weeks ago, and with Bellatrix having daily visits to the Mansion with prisoners in tow, he began to think that the strange Muggle-Born who had changed his life, would make an appearance soon.

ϟ

“Kitty, please.” Hermione tried softly, crying almost as she pumped at her friends chest, who lay on the forest floor from the moment they arrived in a Coma like state. Her eyes were open but there was no response, not a a blink, not a breath.
What made Hermione’s heart beat faster, was the fact she did not know what the Dementor’s took from her.

Hearing a grunt, her heart slowed slightly, at the sight of Ron, the blood rushing back to his face, the wound where he had been splinched slowly, but surely healing.

“Everything is secure Hermione.” Harry said, coming from the hill his wand tightly in his hand as he watched the young witch dig through through her small but deceiving purse, “Why couldn’t we go back to Grimmauld place?”

“Yaxley, he held on, he saw where we were going. It wouldn’t have been safe.” she spoke breathlessly, with a quick wave of her wand and set up the deceiving tend, “We can’t go back.”

Harry glanced down at his two friends, quickly gathering Kitty in his arms, still motionless. While Hermione helped Ron limp towards the tent.

“What do you think happened to her?” Ron grunted as Hermione sat him at the dining table, as Harry laid Kitty on the couch, while Hermione dug through her bag.

“A Dementor’s Kiss, takes the soul. But the question is, how much did they take?”

“It could just be from exhaustion.” Harry tried helplessly, starring into the empty eyes of his friend.

“What happened when it happened to your cousin?” Ron asked hissing as Hermione continued to wipe at his wound.

“Dunno.” Harry said simply, “Ministry must’ve done something, he was fine during the summer.”

“We just have to wait.” Hermione trembled.

The blank eyes of the frozen girl, gazed unfocused towards the ceiling of the tent. Her body was pale, her frame sickly thin. The hollow’s of her cheeks and the fact that she wasn’t moving made it seem as though she would’ve live.
But the young girl was very much in tact. Very much alive.
It was as if she was petrified really. Frozen in her body, her shell.
Her soul was safe.
Exhaustion was what was keeping her from moving. She was saving energy. The Dementor’s kiss had only weakened her.
But as Kitty Jenkin’s lay there. She heard everything.
She heard Harry and Hermione talking about what to do next. She heard Ron’s snarky comments.
She heard the commotion outside of the tent as the trio tried to destroy the horcrux.
She heard Hermione cry, as Ronald Weasley disappeared into the night.
And with that, she breathed.



“Harry, it’s not safe.” Kitty warned.

She was alive. Weak still, but awake, and very much alive.

As the trio walked through the empty, snowy streets of Gordic’s Hollow. Kitty’s teeth were set on edge, the hair on the back of her neck erect. The fact that they had come here alone, was nerving.

“This is where it all started for me Kitty.” Harry snapped quickly.

“It could end here too, Harry.” Kitty sighed, stopping quickly to lean against the nearest brick wall, as her breath left her lungs and she struggled for air.

Hermione stared between the two warily, as she reached towards her ill friend. Frowning at the fact that she hadn’t healed yet from the Ministry.

“The cold is bad, Harry-Harry.” Hermione called out softly, causing Kitty to struggle at the fact that their friend had vanished.

She stared across the road and sighed.
A cemetery.
In the darkness, Kitty spotted a lone finger, hidden behind gravestones. His glasses on the his face, reflecting moonlight, and with a tug of her hand, Kitty pulls Hermione.

“This where they’ve been.” Harry sighed softly, tears filling his eyes as he carefully read the gravestone. Hermione carefully wraps her arms around her friend, as stiff sobs fill the cemetery silence.
Kitty’s ears are perked, glancing towards the entrance of the cemetery she nearly screams, at the sight of a thin fragile body at the crooked gates. Kitty’s hand is in her pocket as she grasps her own wand tightly, before a strong hand pulls her back. She glances warily, towards Harry as he take a step towards the fragile looking woman with a sure look on his face.

“Harry, stop.” Hermione presses, “We don’t-”
“It’s Bathilda.”



Refusing to enter the house, Kitty stands ‘guard’ at the front door. The house creaks from within, and Kitty continuously jumps at any sound, her wand is grasped tightly in her hands. The streets around her are empty, apart from a young muggle couple dragging back a Christmas tree. Their laughter fills the emptiness, almost blocking a loud sound from within the house.

BANG

“Hermione?” Kitty, calls, yelling towards the door. Her refusal to enter still in tact. But as she gets no response, and a quick utter of “Lumos,” the thin girl enters the house.

She winces at the disorderly lounge. No light is on, but as she guides her she spots knocked over furniture. Everything is layered thickly in dust. She spots the stair case, and a small light on, which must be Hermione and Harry and Bagshot.

She wanders the rest of the house carefully, poking in every corner, fear of the shadows consuming her. Her head spins as she hears a scream from above, and then a loud thud.
Rushing up the stairs, she screams at the sight of Bathilda Bagshot’s ‘empty’ body, and a large snake, Nagini, rushing towards Harry.

“Bombadra!” Kitty shrieks, aiming her wand at the snake, who only flies away from Harry a few feet, landing on the dresser before launching itself again.

Kitty watches as Harry writhes’ on the floor before Hermione launches a final spell at the oversized monster, before grabbing Kitty and Harry’s arm, transporting them back to the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize in advance for this shitty update.
I've been struggling from sever writers block, on this and all of my other stories.
What bums me out about this story in particular, is that I have the ending chapters written out, but I have nothing to fill it with. I hate rushing, but it'll probably happen.

Thank you all for your feedback and patience. Chapters will be coming out. This Story is still very much active

I'm also going through a Batman/Dark Knight/Bruce Wayne/Christian Bale phase... And I am considering writing a one shot, or maybe a whole (short) story :]
Let me know what you guys think! Would You read it?


Feedback is Greatly Appreciated