Other Side of the World

now or never

The sudden overwhelming emotions changes took over her, exhausting her all over again. But even though she was probably experiencing so many emotions at once, the most she could feel and enjoy feeling was a sense of relief.

“Standing there gawking as if you saw a ghost is not what I expected you to do…”

“Then what did you expect me to do?” Haley said, a bit shakily when she finally snapped out of her trance.

“I don’t know, slap, punch me, maybe?” Nathan said, chuckling slightly. Haley walked over to him and once she got close enough, she gave a hard slap to his face before hugging him tightly, nuzzling her nose against his neck as she felt his arms went around her waist, pulling her closer.

“I thought you were dead,” she whispered.

“I’m so sorry, Haley. I got so busy last month I kind of didn’t realize my phone ran out of battery,” he said, smiling sheepishly. “It’s stupid, I know. You can throw me out the window if you’d like?” He added, his voice so serious when he made the offer that Haley had to laugh.

“I can’t believe you’re here,” she murmured as guilt stabbed her, reminding her that the guy didn’t cheat on her. She did. And she felt disgusted at herself to even consider for a brief second there to hide the fact from him. He stroked her hair and kissed her forehead.

“I’m not going to do that to you ever again, promise,” Nathan said. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” he muttered, planting a kiss on her lips.

“Are you okay? You look awful.” She asked when she pulled away from his kiss.

“You say the kindest things sometimes.”

Haley rolled her eyes and hit his shoulder lightly. “You know what I mean.”

“I couldn’t sleep last night, don’t ask why,” Nathan replied with a sigh.

She exhaled, trying to soothe the storm that was guilt inside of her. If she tried to talk to him in the current state she was in, she might give herself a heart attack. Nathan realized the troubled expression flickering on her face. “What’s up?” He asked, cocking a curious eyebrow.

Ooh, nothing. I just made out with some dude when I was out partying like there’s no tomorrow last night. Oh oh, and did you know, said dude is here! In this very house we’re in!

It was do or die.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Liam got up from the chair as he noticed the time.

“You’re not going anywhere!” Belle hissed and glared at him. “You just told me you two made out and you’re running away? What else did you do, hm?” She said, pointing him with the ladle in her hand threateningly.

“First of all, Belle, I’m not running away from anything but that black concoction you’re calling breakfast. Secondly, she woke up in my arms a minute later just to puke in my car and…some of it got on me. But never mind about that!” Liam added hurriedly, irritated by Belle’s sudden amusement.

At this rate he was never going to get out of the house. He promised his friends that he would be at the football game today. Being lectured by Belle for an hour straight wasn’t really his cup of tea. For a (normally) sweet girl like her, it was almost surprising for him to discover that Belle could really get into someone’s head and manipulate their actions when the situation demanded her to.

How on Earth Aaron could deal with her, he had no idea.

“Look, Belle. I don’t have time for this. I’ve got nothing to apologize for because let’s be honest here, I’m an amazing kisser.”

Before she could say anymore (and probably, shove the ladle down his throat), he went out the door, snickering to himself as he went to his car. He reached for his keys and unlocked the car.

At that moment, someone spun him around and slammed him against the side of the car. He was just about to retaliate when he realized who the person in front of him was. The veil of realization in his eyes was soon replaced by pure, cold fear.

“W-what are you doing here—”

He was cut off when his father ran out of patience for his silly questions and instead, rammed his fist against the side of his son’s head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, Haley just attracts so many interesting people, doesn't she?

Any comments, views or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for reading and subscribing :)