Other Side of the World

unfortunate encounter

Liam looked at Haley, amused. He rolled up his the sleeves of his black shirt up to his elbows and leaned back, analyzing her features. Her personality and mood were jumping all over the place that night and he had a hard time keeping track of them. 10 minutes ago she was crying her eyes out and when he finally got her in the car, she was sitting down on his lap. Try as he might, unless he tied Haley up to the passenger’s seat, there was no way he could start the engine, let alone drive.

He should really stop kissing her.

If his friends knew what he was thinking then, they might’ve probably thought he was possessed by a soul of a virgin or something. But he knew that if this continued on, Haley would wake up the next morning drowning in guilt. And knowing Haley, who knows what she would do? Crawl back in her shell and never to come out? Strengthen the foundation of the wall surrounding her? Ignore him completely? God, and he thought the normal Haley was difficult enough. He didn’t want to see how a guilty Haley would be like.

He should really stop kissing her.

Seriously.

Or maybe…in a couple of minutes.

“Mmm?” Haley murmured as her hand slid underneath his shirt. Out of reflex, his hand flew to grab her wrist. You’d think after sleeping with so many girls, he’d be used to it. Haley looked at him curiously before gazing back to the spot where her fingers touched.

“Nasty scar,” she muttered.

Liam lips parted before closing again as he shook his head. “I got into an accident when I was a kid.”

Which wasn’t exactly lying. But hey, it was becoming an automatic response. Why let a scar ruin the mood?

His head rested on the cold window. It was getting late. And her phone wouldn’t stop ringing but she wouldn’t pick it up. It was getting annoying really. It must’ve been her aunt or something.

He looked down at Haley, who was resting her head against his chest, a light snore escaped her lips.

“Are you…kidding me?” He said under his breath, running his fingers into his hair trying to calm himself down. Sighing, he tried to push Haley back into the passenger seat without waking her up. But he soon realized that even if someone were to play a loud, heavy metal song next to her, she wouldn’t wake up.

She was already deep in slumber.

Unbelievable.

~ * ~* ~ *~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~ *~ * ~

“Hello there, Mrs. Walker,” Liam said, his voice strained as his smile was.

The raven-haired lady in front of him was stunned.

“I’m Liam, Haley’s friend. Thing is, in the middle of the party, Belle and the rest of us lost sight of her. We figured she could take care of herself but hey, how was anyone to know that the punch was spiked?” He said, laughing nervously.

He was twisting the story. Haley probably finished off the entire liquor cabinet on her own will.

Right at that moment, an unfamiliar boy walked briskly towards them, his expression shocked and appalled to see Haley was in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh god, I'm sorry I can't reply to the comments personally. I'm too spent to do it tonight so I'll do it tomorrow. Thank you so much for reading & subscribing :)

Any comments and opinions are so very appreciated :D Enjoy.