The Ice Life

I n t r o d u c t i o n.

Tyler Cunningham was the best hockey trainer there was. There was no doubt about it. Everyone knew it. Tyler had worked wonders with multiple world renown hockey players and teams, but he worked more frequently with the teams that were just plain God-awful, and all the sudden they were champions. Players who had worked with him would only give away the information that he had some strange techniques. Tyler had refused any and every team associated with the NHL...until now.

That's why 700 some odd people were gathered in the auditorium to hear NHL commissioner, Gary Bettman, give some exciting news. Everyone knew Tyler Cunningham was in the building, and that set the audience of 690 hockey players and their coaches into a crazed excitement. No one had ever even seen Tyler Cunningham before, they were itching for him to come out.

Mr. Bettman got up to the mic. "Gentleman calm down please, I know you are all very excited to have our special guest here today. In the past, unparalleled hockey trainer Mr. Tyler Cunningham would not work with any teams in the NHL. Fortunately I contacted him via email and he agreed to come and train select players from each team and every team. Mr. Cunningham will now come out and talk to you about his conditions for training."

With that Gary Bettman left the stage and everyone held their breaths with anticipation of Tyler's arrival.

After three minutes someone took the stage. It was a girl. She was about 5'6'' with long blonde hair that had one small braid in the front of her hair almost acting has a headband and she seemed about 20-22 years old. She was wearing a grey knit sweater with a plain white tank top underneath and some grey skinny jeans. She almost looked as if she was a Barbie doll.

"Hello," she announced, "I am Tyler Cunningham."

The crowd began chattering in confusion. The girl was tiny, she looked like she had never even seen a gym in her life, never mind know anything about the sport of hockey.

"BUT YOU'RE A CHICK," someone in the crowd yelled.

She let their rambling go on for another few minutes before stepping up to the mic again. "SILENCE!" she barked and suddenly the entire auditorium was just that. Her baby blue eyes had become filled with rage. "I am Tyler Cunnigham and no matter what gender I am you will respect me. I am graciously taking 30 days out of my hectic schedule in order to teach you overpayed, underworked sacks of flesh how to play hockey. I will choose one team per day at random and the three players and goalie from that team I believe my training will help most. That doesn't necessarily mean the best player or the fastest nor does it mean the worst player or the slowest. I might choose your backup goalie, or even your backup goalie's backup goalie. You will be notified if you are chosen exactly 35 minutes before you are to report to an ice rink of a location that will be disclosed to you and your three other teammates and only you and your other three teammates. When you are on my ice you will show nothing but the utmost gratitude and appreciation for the fact that I have chosen you and you will do everything and anything I ask of you or else there will be major consequences. Teams will go about regular practices every day, and to those who may notice four of their teammates are missing one day, you can probably only guess that you have not been chosen. Practices start tomorrow. Good luck boys, you're going to need it."

With that she disappeared from the stage, leaving 690 hockey players feeling confused, excited, but most of all, scared.
♠ ♠ ♠
So if you want you can suggest which teams you want to see first and which three players/which goalie you would like for that team.