Beside You

Chapter 1/1

I stood on the dock, peering out at the cool blue water. The same color as the streak in my favorite person’s hair.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, startling me. I pulled it out, reading the text I’d received.

‘Meet me where you first saw me.’ It commanded. I didn’t have to look to know who it was from.

Soon my brain took over and the scene before me slowly morphed into his face. My lips turned up into a smile as I remembered the feeling of his hands on my hips. I melted into him, my smile growing broader. I felt his soft breath caressing my neck, calming me.

The omnipresent ripples became violent when a boat’s obnoxious horn cut through the peaceful silence. The sound hung in the air as the hands on my hips faded. I felt a sudden pang in my chest, remembering the fight we had last night. I knew the fall of our relationship was close.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and started off, on the verge of tears. I wrapped my arms around my chest, the slick feel of leather under my fingertips.

I found the strength push my tears away. The wind whipped my hair around my face as I walked to the shore, absentmindedly kicking a piece of drift wood. Looking out at the water once more, I realized that maybe I didn’t want to see my blue haired lover. That way he couldn’t break up with me.

‘But you can’t avoid it forever!’ A voice in the back of my head nagged.

Before I knew what was going on, I found my self leaning against a tree outside my old high school where I met him, staring at the text from earlier. I felt my resolve fading as I contemplated my excuse as to why I couldn’t come.

A gust of wind swished around me and I could swear I smelt his cologne.

I had to find him. I had to just man up and take the break up. A clean cut was always better.

It wasn’t long before I reached a shaky hand out to push the door open to the choir room where I fist saw him. I nearly fainted when I stepped through, the sweet sound of his voice filling my ears.

I stepped all the way in, realizing how much effort had to have been put into this. It looked just like an orchestra concert, with Josh singing in the front, piano beneath him.

His sea green eye bore into mine, singing right to me.

“I’ll be right beside you.”

A real smile claimed his lips, causing me to smile as well, giggling at my stupidity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um...I hope you liked it. I've just always wanted to do a song shot. It's my first one, so it's probably not very good, but I had fun writing it.