Status: Working on it!

Sanctuary

Part Five

“So, Dan. We have GOT to get Green Eyes and Kaela together. She totally likes him!” I say, flopping down onto Kaela’s couch. She keeps telling me to call the place ‘ours’ but that’s still just really weird to me.

“Uh, does he HAVE a name?” Dan asks, chuckling.

“Cameron, Cam Bam. Whatevah, whatevah.” I say absentmindedly digging through my purse. “AHH! Daniel. DANIEL. I totally forgot about this!” I yell, triumphantly holding up a scrap of paper.

Dan looks at me, all confused-like, so I roll my eyes. “Cam Bam’s friend gave me Cam Bam’s number for Kaela. So, we should probably do something really evil with it.” I tell him, and he grins.

“Genius! Where is Kaela, by the way?” he asks, and I shrug.

“Oh, wait! I know! She went with Anthony to hang out at his band practice.” I say, before I realize what that means. “Speaking of, aren’t you PART of that band?” I ask him, and his eyes get wide.

“Ahh, shit! I forgot! Damn it! This is why I write stuff like this on my arm!” he yells, looking down. “Stupid sleeves! Well, I have to go.. But set something up with Kaela and let me know how it goes!” he yells as he runs out the front door.

Shaking my head at him and laughing, I grab my cell phone. Before I can actually think about what I’m doing and stopping myself, I dial Cameron’s number and wait for it to ring.

Cameron

Glancing down at my phone, I see a strange number. Apparently it’s a Minnesota number, because my phone is blinking with “Unknown- Minnesota”

“Hey, Zach. Do we know anyone from Minnesota?” I ask, and he shrugs.

“I don’t know who you know! Answer your phone, you loser.” he tells me, which is a typical response for him.

I quickly pick it up, and say “Hello?” before the person on the other line can hang up.

“Uh, hi. Is this Cam B.. Cameron?” a very female voice asks.

“Yes, ma’am! Who’s this?” I answer, quite curious.

“Oh, hi! This is Brilynn. You know, from the other night?” she says, and I realize who I’m talking to. How did she even get my number?

“Ahh! You were with Kaela! How is she, by the way? She seemed like she was in shock after everything happened.”

“She’s doing well, considering what all went down. But that’s why I was calling you! See, I’m pretty sure she likes you. But she’s just really shy when it comes to guys. So would you be interested in going out with her?” she asks, and without meaning to, I laugh.

“HA! I totally saw her with some guy today!” Hearing that, Zach glances over at me, frowning. I hold up my hand, trying to convey the whole ‘I’ll tell you in a second’ thing.

“Who? What?! Dude, Cam Bam. CAMERON, I mean. She totally doesn’t have a boyfriend. That was Anthony, her bestest friend in the whole world. Aside from me, that is. Actually, they’re probably better friends than me and her. Pfft. Who does that?” she rambles on, and I wonder if she’s even taken a breath. Plus, half the words she says are so Minnesotan, I have to struggle to keep up.

--

Awhile later, I hang up the phone and turn around to face Zach with a stupid grin on my face. He looks up from whatever he’s writing, to ask “So who was on the phone?”

“That was Brilynn. Remember, the blonde girl from the other night?” I ask, and his eyes widen for a second.

“Ooh! The blonde one! I liked her. She’s cute! So what’d she want with you?” he asks, and I just smile bigger.

“Well, she called to ask me out for Kaela.” I say, and he looks confused.

“But you saw her with that guy!”

“Best friend,” I explain, and he ahh’s. “Anyway, apparently I have a date for tomorrow. At eight.”

“YES! I knew giving Brilynn your number would work!” Zach says all excitedly, and I just look at him. “What? I knew you were too chicken shit to give it to Kaela, so I took some initiative.” he says, shrugging.

Kaela -The Next Night-

“Brilynn, why are you forcing me into this dress?” I ask, still confused as to what’s going on.

“Because! We’re going out to dinner, and I want us to look nice!” she answers.

“You’re in leggings, uggs, and a sweatshirt,” I say suspiciously, and she just sighs.

“Just do what I ask, this one time. PLEASE?” she pleads, and her puppy dog eyes get to me.

“Fine! How do I look?” As I ask, Anthony and Dan walk in.

“Oooh, Kaela! You clean up nice!” Anthony says, winking. I elbow him lightly, wondering what all the fuss is.

“Okay, guys. What you doing tonight?” I ask, wondering why Dan and Anthony aren’t busy with band stuff.

“We wanted to see how nervous yo..” Dan starts, trailing off when Brilynn kicks him. That’s it. Something HAS to be going on.

I narrow my eyes, staring them all down. Brilynn is purposely avoiding looking at me, Anthony is trying not to crack up, and Dan is basically doing a happy dance. Finally, I just say “SOMEONE please just tell me what’s going on here!”

“We’re going to dinner, silly! Now just trust me, and finish getting ready! We leave in five.” Bri says, walking out my door.

“Do I have a choice?” I call after her, and I roll my eyes when I hear a faint “You bet your ass that’s a no!”

--

Getting out of my car, I slam the door and look at Brilynn. “Really? We’re eating at Dizzy’s?” I ask, and she shrugs.

“You’re the one who went on and on about it for hours! I wanted to try it. Ready?” she asks, and I sigh. Do I have a choice in the matter? At least the food will be fantastic..

Walking up to the restaurant, I actually get excited to eat here again. It’s been forever. All of a sudden, Bri grabs my arm, stopping me. “I forgot my purse! I’ll be right back, kay? Just grab us a good table.” She says as she walks away.”

Since there’s nothing else for me to do, I head toward the restaurant. Walking in the door, I glance around before I hear my phone go off in my purse. Grabbing it, I see a text from Bri. What could she need now?

Kaela- You’ll see what’s happening in a second. Don’t hate me! Have fun tonight! I’ll be waiting up for details! Love you, girly!

Wondering what on earth she could mean when I look up and find myself staring into familiar green eyes. “Cameron.. Hi.” I say, basically speechless. God, I really hate Bri. But goodness, do I love her.

“Hey, Kaela! I hope you’re okay with this.. You look really nervous,” he says, looking concerned.

“No, I’m fine! Just.. Surprised.” I say, and he nods.

“I’m really sorry about ambushing you, but Brilynn said this was the best way to get you out on an actual date.” listening to him I have to laugh.

“I always knew convincing her to move out here was a bad idea!” I tease, and he laughs.

“Well, how about we sit down to eat?” he asks, and I nod. He leads me to a table, and I’m trying really hard not to die. He’s just so cute, and I just really have no words in my head right now. Oh wait, I think he’s saying something. Shit.

“Uh, what was that? Sorry, I just.. Yeah” I say, and he laughs.

“I was just asking you how long you’ve lived in New York,” he explains, and I nod.

“Oh, since I was born. Well. I lived upstate for most of my life, but I moved to NYC for school,” I explain, feeling like the most uninteresting person ever.

“What are you going for?” he asks, and I shrug.

“Something music related, but I’m not sure yet.”

“What a coincidence! I’m going for teaching!” he says, and I crack up.

--

We manage to make it through dinner with out too much awkward, and when we leave, I’m so glad Bri tricked me into this.

Standing in front of my front door, I’m actually really sad to see this night end. Looking up at Cameron, I can’t help but smile.

“So, I just want to say thank you for a really great night.” I tell him, and he grins.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it! And if I seemed really awkward, I was really nervous and I’m sorry!”

“You?! I was the awkward one! I’m so not good at this kind of stuff,” I explain, and he laughs.

“Well, awkwardness aside, I’d love to see you again. Can I get your number?” he asks, and on the inside, I’m totally happy dancing.

“I’d love that!” I say, quickly telling him my number and he saves it in his phone. “But yeah, I know Brilynn is inside just DYING, waiting for details, so I’ll see you later, okay?” I say, reaching for the doorknob.

“Thanks for the great night,” he says. I smile and turn to go inside, before he grabs my arm. “Oh, and Kaela. One last thing..” he trails off, so I turn to face him. Before I can even think, he leans forward and kisses me.

When he pulls away, he smiles down at me. “I’ll talk to you soon, cutie.”

As he walks away, I’m glad he doesn’t turn around, because I’m totally frozen in my spot, staring after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY ITS BEEN SOO LONG. Hopefully we wont neglect all of you wonderful readers anymore. :P
Kaelalaaaa and Dailynn