Status: updating whenever

No Happily Ever After

Chapter 12

'Ella?' I rolled off the sofa and hit the floor with a thump.
'What?' I swatted anxiously in the air.
'Jack's drunk.'
'So?'
'Totally off his head. Wake up.' It was Alex who was urging me. I accepted his hand, got to my feet and cautiously walked out the compartment. Alex didn't seem to find it strange that I'd slept in the same room as Zack, but I didn't question it.
When I saw Jack, I pressed a hand to my mouth, trying to muffle the laugh that threatened to escape. He was leading a conga line.. That consisted of just him. There was no music, just Jack dancing around by himself, a drunken smile playing on his lips.
He stopped when he saw me.
'Alex, is this the girl you slept with?' He accused, narrowing his eyes. 'She's cute though.'
Alex shoved me forward. 'Nope, Jack, she's all yours.' I stumbled into Jack's arms and he automatically steadied me by wrapping his arms around my shoulders, disabling the use of my arms. I buried my head in his chest and he rested his chin on my head.
'God, Alex, she's adorable. Do you have a boyfriend?' He pulled away to stare at me.
I shook my head, laughing. 'Nope.'
'That's awesome. So if you're not Alex's girl, are you Rian's? Or Zack's?'
I shook my head. 'I'm all yours, Jack.'
'Sweet.' He grinned. 'What's your name?'
'Ella. What's yours?'
'I'm Jack, Jack Barakat.' He offered his hand and I shook it, not realising he would start pumping our linked hands up and down viciously. My arm started to ache.
'Awesome.' For a second, he moved closer and I wondered what he'd do, but he shoved my out of the way and launched himself at Rian. Rian ducked as Jack swung onto his back, locking his arms around Rian's neck.
'Oh, God, Jack get off me!' He swore loudly, trying to shake the tall lanky boy off of him. Jack hung on, a dreamy look on his face.
'Zack!' Alex reached into the compartment. 'Sober Jack up!'
I slid onto the sofa as Zack emerged, tousling his hair with a hand toughened with years of bare handed base playing. He didn't say anything, merely grabbed Jack and threw him off. He landed in a head on the floor, groaning as his head hit the floor. He got ready to launch himself at Zack, who revved himself up and tackled him, knocking him into the door. He struggled for a second, and then Zack looked at him.
'Jack, sober up.'
Alex and Rian were dying with laughter as Jack shook his head and then looked at Zack.
'Get off me, Zack, we can't be like this.' He replied seriously. He pushed him off, jumped to his feet, and collapsed on the sofa.
'What the heck?' I choked out between laughs.
'You picked a winner, Ella.' Alex laughed, draping his arm casually around my shoulders. 'Now we gotta clean.'
'Screw that.' Zack launched himself back into his compartment and Rian slouched down on the sofa. I laughed.
'Do you guys do this every time you're on tour?'
Alex nodded. 'Give Jack a few hours, he'll wake up with the biggest hangover.'
'Tell me about it.'

I locked the door, stripped off my clothes and allowed myself to relax. I was taking a shower, trying to get ready for the day ahead. It was only 11pm, and Jack had woken up only a few minutes ago.
I tried not to dwell on last night. Was I really a prune? Did I really look like that? Because although I was pretty, I had a sensible head. I enjoyed life, but I didn't want to screw it up with stupid thinking. It hurt to think I wasn't as fun as a girlfriend of All Time Low should've been.
I massaged soap into my body, trying to wash the stress away like sweat and dirt. It didn't help. No matter how much I tried to stop, it was forever in my head.
'C'mon Ella.' I mumbled, quietly. 'Live life to the fullest.' I gave myself a final rinse and stepped out, automatically reaching for my towel.
By the time I'd dried my hair, Jack was fully awake, clutching his head and groaning.
'Next time, you won't drink.' Rian told him, pressing buttons on a controller. Normally, I would've joined him and ignored Jack, but I walked over and lay down next to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist, my back pressed against his chest.
'Hey.'
'Hey, Jack, Jack Barakat.' I grinned.
'You smell nice.' He groaned, tilting his head back.
'I believe that's what showers do.' I turned around so I was facing him, and wrapped my arms around him. 'I love you.'
'Love you too.' He grinned and kissed me quickly. I smiled teasingly and turned around so he couldn't see my face. He automatically kissed my head, and then my cheek. I stifled a laugh.
Rian was tired, you could tell. He slummed through the game wearily, eventually tossing the controller to the side.
'What's up?' I rested on one elbow, staring at him quizzically.
'Nothing, really. Tour syndrome.' He explained.
Jack's arms wrapped themselves tightly around my waist.
What had we been talking about again?
'Jack...' I whispered, reaching backwards to hold him too.
'Ella?' He grinned. 'God, you are so in love with me.'
'Cocky faggot.' I mumbled, slapping his face playfully. He pretended to wince and then crushed me to him.
'I love you too, Ella. So much. And I want to be here for you, no matter what. You know that, right? I'd never let you down. Ever.'
'I love you Jack.' I replied simply, entwining her hands together, and kissing him. In that single moment, everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
wahey quick chapter
KBYE
comment too
and subscribe. i'll love you.