Status: updating whenever

No Happily Ever After

Chapter 13

We'd been here for a few months now. The endless cycle of waking up, going to cities, going to the concerts and then watching Jack passing out from alcohol consumption was starting to take it's toll on me. I wanted out.
'What's up?' Alex slid into the seat next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.
'Not much.' My voice wavered, threatening to expose me, but I kept it under control.
'You're a liar. A bad liar.'
I shook my head. 'Shut it, you.'
I smiled and rested my head against his shoulder.
'What's wrong, Ella?'
'I'm sick of touring.' I whispered.
'Oh.' He murmured, sliding his arms around me.
I tensed. 'Alex, no.'
'Don't worry, Ella. Touring's almost over.'
'I'm sick of it, Alex. I don't see Jack anymore. He doesn't love me.' I bit my lip, trying to stop the tears, but the flooded over and dropped anyway.
'He does!' Alex insisted.
'No, he doesn't. He doesn't notice me. It's all about his fans.' I shook my head. 'I've never been much for attention, but Jack doesn't even care now. I could die, right now, and he'd still go on with the concert.'
'You know what, Ella? Talk to him. He deserves to know your feelings.'
I slid away from him, standing up to get a drink. Not meeting his eyes, I made my way to my bed. I spent a lot of time there.
When was the last time Jack had ducked his head and crawled in with me? The last time he'd wrapped his arms around me, pulled the covers over us and fell asleep? The last time he'd kissed me and left me breathless? I couldn't remember, and that scared me.
'Ella?' Jack loomed over me, blocking the light.
'Jack.' I smiled, my heart giving a little flip. But this was the guy toying with my heart. My smiled faded.
'What's up?'
'Nothing.' He swung his leg over the bunk and clambered in next to me.
'Alex said you needed to talk to me. What's up?'
My cheeks flamed. What had Alex said? 'It's nothing.'
'Everytime you say it's nothing, we start drifting. And you go to my best friends and talk to them, not me.'
His words punched a hole in me. Did he really get jealous?
'It's just, you're so busy with touring...' I trailed off when he placed a long, slender finger to my lips.
'Ella, I would drop all of my plans just to listen to anything you have to say.' His voice trembled. 'I miss you.' He finally admitted.
'I miss you too.' I wiped my eyes, unaware that tears had sprouted.

JACK POV
'Ella? What's wrong?' I insisted, trying to slide my hand into hers, and making patterns on her back, the way she liked.
'Nothing!' She shook her head, letting the soft honey coloured hair tickle my face. I winced.
She was so unbearably beautiful. So perfect. She made me weak in the knees; almond coloured eyes, a seductive play to her expression and a long slender frame that would've won over a harder man than me.
Something wasn't right. What had I done?
'Ella...' I pleaded.
She stared into my eyes for a second and sighed.
'I miss you, Jack.'
'El-'
'You don't even notice me. When did we even spend time together? I miss you. I wish I could talk to you, but you're so absorbed in touring you don't even care. I... Don't know, Jack. I miss us.'
She refused to meet my eyes, but continued. 'You know, sometimes I wonder if you'd care if I died, or if I cut, or if I got addicted to drugs. You don't seem to. I'd rather you were up front with me about caring, rather than get drunk every night and flirt with me. When you asked me to tour with you, I thought that was what you meant. Is it because I'm boring?' She was crying now. 'Because I'm no fun? Because I won't sleep with you? That's not the kind of girl I am, Jack! I'm sorry.' She turned away from me, but I could hear her crying.
Was this how she felt? Rejected? Torn apart? Angry? I couldn't breathe.
'Ella, I love you.'
'No, you don't.'
'I don't show it, do I? I don't come up to you enough, and wrap my arms around you enough. I don't cook pancakes in the morning because I know you adore them, and eat them in bed with you, do I? I don't come up to you, just hug you and tell you that you make my life, do I? I still wake up every day, and think about why you're still with me.' The words spilled over themselves in an effort to come out. 'I don't know why you are. I'm lazy, crazy and annoying. You're the only girl in the world to still give me butterflies and sweaty hands even after 8 months. You're the only girl in the world with the right kind of eyes, and a glare that makes me weak in the knees. You're the only girl I think about when Alex sings those dopey love songs. No, you're the only girl I think about. I don't say those things because I thought you'd know that you are my life.'
I sucked in some air. This was either where I got laid, or punched in the gut. She turned around slowly, tracing my mouth with her finger. Eventually, she crushed her lips to mine. I automatically reached over and wrapped my arms around her, moulding our bodies together. It was only when I saw the look in her eyes, and felt the desperateness in her urgent kisses that I realised. I was totally getting laid tonight.

I eventually woke up, realising that the hottest girl was fast asleep next to me. The sun glistened off her skin; her slender bare shoulders were soft as I traced a heart. She didn't even wake up. I wasn't going to leave her.
She'd finally told me what was on her mind. I was finally satisfied with our relationship. The fact that she'd opened up to me was easily the sweetest thing ever because even I could tell she didn't want to. But she had, and now I could honestly say I loved her. She was like a rock to me - she kept me grounded.
'Jack?' She mumbled sleepily, turning around.
'Hey, baby.'
She buried her head into my chest. 'I'm tired.'
'So am I.'
'I'm super tired, though.' She mumbled, running her hand through her hair. 'You wouldn't believe.'
'I would.' I argued hotly, wrapping an arm around her. 'Pancakes for breakfast?'
'Yes please.'
I was busy cooking them in the kitchen when Alex bumped into me.
'Did you talk to her?'
'Yep.'
'Awesome.' He opened the fridge. 'What did she say?'
'A lot more than talking.' I winked at him and his eyes opened wide.
'Seriously?'
'Seriously.' I grinned. 'I am on top of the world right now.' I slid the stack of pancakes onto a plate and pushed past him. 'Thank you, Alex.'
'I got your back, Jack.' He grinned and turned back to his food.
When I got back, she was on the phone. She smiled gratefully as I handed the pancakes to her, and then sighed.
'Thanks for telling me. Bye.' She hung up, and smiled weakly.
'Who was that?'
'Mason. My mom's in hospital.'
♠ ♠ ♠
super quick chapter
bye guys
i'm tired

COMMENT
and i might feature you in the next chapter
no lies i will