Status: updating whenever

No Happily Ever After

Chapter 5

'I won't let anything happen to you, Ella. I promise.' Alex wrapped his arms around me, despite the fact I was curled up in Jack's, as I rocked back and forth.
'D-Did you see that?!' I choked out, wiping my cheeks of any tears. 'He just ate him!'
'It's a movie. Not real.' Jack mumbled against the top of my head.
'What if they get us, Jack? We'll have to run away.' I grabbed his chin and jerked it so he was facing me.
'Of course, Ella.' He replied soothingly, resting his perfect cheek against my hair.
'And you, Alex. We'll get out of there, and throw Rory to the sharks... I mean, cannibals.'
'Thanks, Ella.' Rory flipped me off.
'Any time.'
'So you don't like scary movies?' Alex queried, watching me. I was so intrigued by the way the inbred threw a hatchet at the girl.
'Not at all.'
'Shhh, she's finally quiet.' Jack chided him, and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.
By the time the movie ended, I'd cried so much, we were surrounded by tissues. It wasn't cool, the way they killed and ate the people... It was kinda sick.
'God, Ella, you cry at the dumbest things.' Jack teased me, gripping my hand.
'Hush up.' I slapped his face playfully, then got up to change the movie. 'What about Bambi?'
'Anything but Bambi!' Cris moaned.
'What about Saw?' Zack grinned at me, his eyes alight with mischief.
'No!'
'Yes!' Rory stuck his tongue out, as Jack and Alex held me back from reaching out and beating the crap out of him. He pressed the play button, and I retreated into Jack's arms, shuddering.
'I can't watch this.' I muttered, turning around to hide my face in Jack's shirt.
'It's fine, Ella. I'm here.' He gripped either side of my head, and turned it around so I was facing the screen. He knew that once I started watching, I wouldn't be able to stop.

'Ella?' Cris tapped my shoulder. 'Rory and I are gonna go now, my mom's expecting me.'
'Huhhh?' I whispered, looking at her. 'Bye Crissie, bye Rory.'
'Byee!' She gave us a jaunty wave, and I turned my attention to the sleeping Jack lying by me.
'Ella?' I squeezed Jack's hand as he opened his eyes and looked at me. 'The first thing I saw was your face.' He grinned.
'We're not dating, Jack.' I reminded him.
'Huh.' He snorted. 'Would you, though? If you could?'
'Possibly.' I teased. 'I have to go clean up. I'll be back.'
I left the 4 half asleep boys in my room and retreated to my bathroom.
Didn't Jack understand? I was messed up. I was still trying hard to get over my dad and my sister. I didn't need a boyfriend.
He could do so much better.
But at the same time, I wondered what it'd be like, holding his hand and knowing for sure that he was mine. Holding him in my arms and knowing this was the guy who wanted to spend his life with me. Kissing him and feeling every bit as in love as the girls on TV. I wanted that.
I wanted that with Jack.
But it wasn't about what I wanted! I had to think about Jack Barakat, the guy who'd saved me from bad grades and a general downwards spiral.
I washed my face, patted it dry, applied lip gloss and with shaky legs, walked back into my room. Jack was there, staring at himself quizzically in the mirror. I walked over and snaked my arms around his neck, and as he turned around, I kissed him. I kissed him before I chickened out. He was shocked, but eager. That much, I could tell.
'Ella?' He whispered, pulling away. He reached out and squeezed my hand. 'Was that a yes?'
'That was a heck yes!' I squealed, my face showing nothing but pure pleasure.
Jack had made me understand - my opinion mattered. And sometimes, people can change you. People change the way you think, the way you act, and they change your perspective. I deserved this. At least, Jack deserved someone who could make him happy, and as he'd elaborated specifically, I made him happy the most. I wasn't being selfish, was I?
Jack went to pee and brush his teeth, as I texted Cris exactly what had happened. Her reply was sassy, short and sweet, highlighting my excitement.
'Elllllaaaaa.' Zack whined.
'What?' I crouched to his level.
'That movie...' He mumbled. 'Was amazing!' He grinned.
'It was disgusting, Zack!' I protested, smacking his head.
'Sure.' He started snoring and just like that he was asleep.
I smiled. It was fine, everything was fine, I was fine.

'Guess what, Ella?' Jack walked straight up to me, laced my fingers through his and grinned at me. 'We just got signed! We're going on tour!'
'That's awesome!' My face lit up. 'I'm so happy for you!'
'One biggie, El. It's guys only.'
And just as my face had lit up, it fell twice as quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
bah i wanted to give a good insight on jack and ella
but i can't write emotional scenes
forgive me?