Status: updating whenever

No Happily Ever After

Chapter 6

'Hey.' I discreetly slipped my arms around Jack's neck. 'What's up?'
'Nothing much. Haven't slept.' He yawned and I ruffled his hair.
'Go to sleep then, silly.'
'Not when you're here.'
'I'll be close by, I promise.'
I turned my back as Jack tugged off his jeans and shirt and dived into his bed.
'Where are you going?'
'To get some water.' I lied. I was going to make him hot chocolate, then slip into the considerably warm covers with him until he fell asleep.
I placed the mug on his bedside table. 'Jack?'
'Huh?'
'Drink up.' I smiled gingerly before passing him the mug.
He took it gratefully, and chugged it down, before collapsing onto his pillows. I lifted the cover and slipped underneath them, snuggling up to him.
'You're so warm.' I mumbled.
'Thanks.' He mumbled sleepily.
I watched him as he drifted. His eyes drooped, his face returned to this angelic demeanour. He was adorable. The bags under his eyes had never been more accentuated, and I traced them lightly with my finger. He had a dark shadow of stubble, and his hair stuck up sort of like a hedgehog.
You couldn't believe my feelings for him.
He made me happy. He made me believe that two people could coexist without friction. He made me feel hopelessly in love, head over heels! He made me feel lucky to have someone like him, grateful that he was mine; he put butterflies in my stomach when he looked at me. I cared about him.
It wasn't about just him, or just me. It was about us. Jack wasn't perfect. I could tell his parents' death had left him shaken up and I wanted to help. I wanted him to feel like he could trust me.
He was adorable.
'Ella? Oh!' Embarrassment coloured Rian's voice, and I leaped out gingerly to assure him it was not what it looked like.
'Right.' He chuckled. 'You wanna play some videogames?'
'I don't want to leave Jack..' I turned to him. He was asleep. 'Let's go.'
I noticed a girl with long black hair and dark brown eyes sat in the armchair. 'Hi, I'm Kara!' She grinned before getting up and sticking her hand out at me.
'I'm Ella.' I smiled, shook her hand and winked at Rian before grabbing the controller and seriously kicking his butt.
We'd been playing for a few hours, before I threw down the controller. 'I'm going to see Jack.' Rian smiled as I sprinted up the stairs and wriggled in next to Jack. He was warm. I turned around so my back was pressed against his chest, and was surprised when his arms wrapped around me.
He positioned himself so he was leaning on one arm, and hovering over me. 'Hello.'
'Oh God, don't do that.' I covered my face.
'Why not!?' He laughed.
'Because that scared the crap out of me.' I admitted weakly.
He chuckled and pressed his lips to mine. I reached out and locked my arms around him, letting out a little sigh.
'Oh gosh.' I mumbled, as he wrapped his arm around me, still hovering and leaning.
I pulled away, slightly dizzy.
'Too much for you to handle?'
'Stuff it.' I snapped, before kissing his cheek. He rolled his eyes and flopped back into bed.
'I'm gonna go home.' I swung my legs over the bed and smiled.
'Aw, Ella.' He whined.
'I made plans with Cris!' I promised. Plus, my mom was always with Mason. Too bad, I had the house to myself.
'Fine.' He grumbled. He got up, grabbed my hands and his lips lingered on mine for a second. 'Love you.'
'Love you too.'
I knew the route from Jack's place to mine, and beat Cris there by 5 minutes. She threw herself through the door, walked straight into my room and looked at me with red rimmed eyes.
'Cris, what's wrong?' I grabbed her shoulders and crouched down in front of her.
'E-E-E' She merely stared at me, and then the uncontrollable sobbing started.
'Cris.' I whispered. 'What's wrong?!'
She shook her head, pulled something from her bag and raced into the toilet.
She was there for over an hour. I didn't even care now, this was important. She was crying badly, I could hear it through the walls.
'Cris?'
She unlocked the door, grabbed my hand and jerked me inside.
'Promise not to tell anyone. Especially not Jack and definitely not Rory.'
'Of course, I pinky swear.'
She held an unfamiliar stick out to me.
'I'm pregnant.'
I froze.
'Pregnant?'
'Pregnant.' She whispered. Our 17th birthdays had come and gone. We would be 18 by the time she had the baby.
'Cris, what are you going to do?'
'I don't know..' Her face crumpled.
'We're 17.'
'I know.'
'Keep it?'
'Not with Rory.' She mumbled, wiping her eyes.
'Oh, Cris.' I ran my fingers through her long hair and sighed. 'What are we going to do?'
♠ ♠ ♠
bah dramatic much