Status: updating whenever

No Happily Ever After

Chapter 9

The second Jack had left and Mason had rushed to his house, she rounded on me.
'Seriously, Ella? Is this some sort of revenge!?' She snapped, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a cigarette.
'Why would I try and get revenge, hm, mom?' I replied, still standing by the door.
'Because you've always found a way to blame me for your wrong doing. Always, Ella.'
'You're my mother!'
'And you're my daughter!' She laughed without humour. 'Sometimes I think it's better if you and Mary had both gone. Then I'd have some chance of picking my life up again, without the constant reminder of your dad.'
'He's not dead.'
'He may as well be.'
'Take that back.' I brushed a tear from my eye.
'You don't know anything, do you, Ella?' She reached over, grabbed my shoulder and whirled me around to face her. 'You think you do, but you don't. You know why I'm glad he's not here?'
'I don't care. He was my dad, and you're an unfaithful wife.'
I knew I'd have to pay for my rudeness, but I pushed past her and made my way straight into my room. I locked the door, threw myself onto my bed and tried hard to fall asleep.

'Did she say yes?'
'We're not talking, but that doesn't matter. I'm going, anyway.'
Mom had gone out with Mason, so I'd invited Cris over. She was sitting cross legged on my bed, sucking on a lollipop. She'd cried when I told her I was leaving, but with good grace she promised to sort things out with Rory.
'Ella, she'll never forget that.'
'She has Mason now.' I shot her a look. 'She's never home, why should I spend my summer here alone?'
'Thanks!'
'Oh, Cris...' I gasped, and hugged her. It'd be hard without her. 'I'll call you every day.'
'When do you leave?'
'Jack'll be here in an hour.'
'Oh gosh.' Her eyes swarmed with tears, she wrapped both her arms around me and hugged me tightly. 'You'll be back before the baby's born?'
Perhaps I'd forgotten to mention; she was keeping the baby. Even if Rory disagreed.
'Of course. Even if I have to walk, I'll be there.' I wrapped my pinky finger around hers and smiled.
By the time I'd finished packing, her lollipop was finished, and Jack was due here any second. I'd made sure to take my most comfortable clothing, one dress, all of my underwear, one book, my GBA, iPod and phone charger. All together I had 2 cases packed tightly, and a tote bag.
'Jack's not here,' She frowned. 'Are you sure he said 3?'
'He definitely said 3.' I pulled out my phone and dialled his number.
'Ella? Sorry, we're on our way.'
'Oh, right. I'll be outside.'
I lugged my cases, and Cris walked behind (I refused to let her carry anything, since she was pregnant). She sat on my porch, and I sat next to her, resting my head on her shoulder.
'I'll miss you, Cris.'
'I'll miss you, Ella.' She squeezed my hand. 'I'd better get going.'
'Jack can drop you off.' I insisted, not letting her get up.
'No, seriously, I gotta go.' She laughed, hugged me quickly and walked down the path. 'Have a good time!'
'Bye! You too!'
Jack arrived about 5 minutes later, with Alex in the backseat. Both of them shoved my bags into the back, and I slid into the front seat.
'Hey, baby.'
'Hey.' I smiled.
'Was your mom ok with you coming?'
'She can't stop me from going.' I buckled the seatbelt and crossed my legs. 'Are we going to yours?'
'Yeah, that's where the bus is.' Jack shrugged. 'It'll be awesome, Ella, I swear.'
I noticed a large purple bus and several men waiting outside Jack's house.
'Matt wants to meet you. He's cool, don't swear it.'
I nodded, wiping my palms on my thighs and walked out, trying to keep steady.
Matt was short, with black hair and stretched ears.
'Hey.'
'Hey.' I bit my lip nervously.
'Rule number one, do not get in the way of rehearsing or playing.' He frowned and began rattling off a list of rules. They weren't very hard, just stating the obvious. Not starting fights, not getting drunk, not letting fans into the bus... Simple.
'We usually get drunk.' Jack confided in me, as I sat to his left. He was playing videogames with Rian.
'Really?'
'Really.'
I grinned. 'What else do you do?'
'We go out and eat. Sign autographs, Rian calls Kara... Generally do what we do normally.'
'Sweet.' I grinned.
'There's a lot of flying too...' He frowned. 'This tour lasts pretty much the rest of the year... We go to Australia first, then some places around Europe, around in Asia and then stop in America. We stay in hotels too.. That's about it.'
'Hectic.'
What worried me was the fact that I was sharing a bus with Jack. What exactly did that entitle? Just 2 days ago, we'd slept together, and now suddenly, we were sharing a bus. Did that mean more, or less? Would I sit, dejected, on the bus whilst they went out? I didn't know.
I painted my nails, a hard task due to the fact the bus rolled around a lot, played some video games and at about 7, settled down to the take out dinner of hamburgers and fries that Jack and Rian got. My phone buzzed angrily in my pocket, and I swore before taking it out of my pocket, careful not to get polish and grease on the screen.
'Hello?'
'Ella, you are dead meat.'
Mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok
if you comment with something you want to happen
i'll feature you in the next chapter
i don't usually do this, but I NEED COMMENTS UGH i need motivation
so yeah
school starts soon, so i'm working hard to sort out my work and stuff so less updates :[[[ sowwi
also, i get my results tomorrow
WISH ME LUCK BABES ;]