Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

In A Heartbeat

Image
I knocked on Cookie’s door and her mom answered. “Hey, Carolina! I haven’t seen you in so long!” she squeezed me tightly. “So, how’s it going with that Frankie boy?” She wiggled her eyebrows and felt my inner organs explode.

“Um, he’s seeing someone.” I was suddenly fascinated by my yellow Converse. She picked up on my sadness. “Oh, I see. Well, come in, I’ll go get Rosy.” I smiled and sat down.

My Chemical Romance was playing a gig and the guys convinced me to go, even if Frank and his bitch would be there. I was picking Cookie up because Mikey had to be there really early so that they could set everything up.

“Hey, shorty.” I heard as I sat on the couch checking out their aquarium. I turned to see Cookie’s brother Carlos leaning in his room’s doorway. “Carly!” I exclaimed as he wrapped me in a hug.

“How’s it been? You never come around anymore.” I sighed “Things haven’t been all that great.”

“You don’t have to lie to me, I know all about Frank. If he upsets you one more time, you know who to come for.” He grinned. I chuckled “Thanks, Carlos. How’s it been for you?”

He made a face and I laughed “College life sucks, kid.”

“I don’t even know why you’re going to college anyway; My Chem could always use a techie.”

I nudged him. “Yeah, but what if that doesn’t work out? You gotta keep your options open.” He spread his arms and let them fall back.

“Stop harassing my friend” Cookie appeared out of thin air and pulled me over to her. “You ready to go, babe?” I asked and she sighed with a smile. “Yes, I am. I can’t wait to see Mikey play!” she squealed. Carlos huffed and mumbled “Fucking pansy” under his breath. I laughed but Cookie didn’t know why. I gave Carlos one last hug and we were out the door.

We wandered through the backstage after we showed the security guard our passes and I was preparing myself to see Frank and his skank.

Gerard was the first to see us. “Gee!” He picked me up and swung me around. “You guys! They’re here!” he called out and they all attacked Cookie and I, except Frank and Marco. I hugged Ray and told him to wait a second.

“Hey Frank.” I said, refusing to look at the slut from hell. He looked at me for a long time before saying. “Hey.” I sighed and laughed “I’ll see you, later Frank.” I waved as I turned around. I felt him grab my arm and I froze. “Wait.”

“Yeah?” I turned and he said to Marco “I’ll be right back.” She smiled at Frank but scowled once he turned away. He began to lead me in the other direction, but I managed to flip her the bird behind my back.

“What’s up?” I asked rocking on my heels. He hesitated before saying “I’ve missed you.” I scoffed and smiled. “Really, Frank? You missed me?” he stayed silent. I looked down and said sharply “It didn’t look like you missed me when you were fucking your whore.”

“What the hell is your problem?!” he raised his voice and I looked in the eye. “You’re my freakin’ problem, Frank. You ditched me for that bitch in a heartbeat. You were supposed to be my best friend and you drop me for a piece of ass. What happened to bros before hos? Huh, Frank?” I looked him in the eye, but tears were beginning to form in mine. He noticed and sighed.

“I didn’t mean to make you cry Carolina. I just wanted to apologize, I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry? That’s you’ve got? You think two words could fix this?” I was yelling now and turning heads. “I- "

“Don’t bother; I’m through talking to you.” I cut him off and turned on my heel.

I walked into the girl’s bathroom to try and make it seem like I hadn’t been crying, but I ended up sobbing inside one of the stalls. About an hour later I heard the open and saw Cookie through the crack in the door. I leaned over and unlatched it. She closed it and leaned back. “He’s such a jerk, Cookie.” I sniffled.

“I know.” I looked at her. “He knows. He went crazy when we couldn’t find you and his carry-on was pissed about it. They had to drag him to the stage to play.”

“Fuck, I missed them.” I groaned in realization.

“Chill, they were cool with it, but they weren’t cool with Frank”.

“He said he was sorry.” I gave a short laugh “He’s fucking sorry, so everything has to okay, right?” Sorry, my ass!” I scoffed.

“You know, I think he likes you, too.” She said with a smile.

“That’s fucking hilarious, Cookie. I don’t like your pep talks.” I scoffed.

She smiled. “No, I’m serious. Their playing sucked because he totally wasn’t into it. He couldn’t play because you weren’t there to root him on. He couldn’t run backstage and hug you after a performance. You weren’t there to tell him how good he was and how “much ass he kicked”.”

I gaped at her, “You’ve got to be kidding me. Frank’s always into it.” She shook her head “Nope, you remember that time he called you his good luck charm?”

“Yeah” I vaguely remembered him calling me “the reason he shreds” and kissing my forehead. “He wasn’t lying. He sucked. And Marco got pissed because he didn’t want to go near her after you guys talked.”

I tried to smile. “Fuck you.”

“Why are you angry at me now?” she said shocked. I got up and squeezed the bejeezus out her.

“Because you’re so fucking amazing."