Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

The Make Over, The Break's Over

Image
I left the Ways’ place with a sense of hope, probably false, though.

I went home and found my sister waiting for me. She wore a grin from ear to ear and I narrowed my eyes, knowing something definitely had to be up.

I sat at the kitchen counter and she still kept smiling. “Are just gonna look at me or are you you know, planning on explaining this happiness?"

She squealed – everyone seemed to be doing that today – and put her elbows on the counter. “He proposed!”

My eyes bulged out and I broke out in a matching grin. “Oh my god, are you kidding me?!” I asked.

“Nope, check it out!” she shoved her hand in front of my face and there it was indeed, one diamond ring.

“But you guys have only been together for less than a year.”

She rolled her eyes, her smile never fading. “I know, but I really do think he’s the one, Carol!”

I smiled. “So you’re gonna be Mrs. Moore?”

“Hell to the yes!” she let out an uncharacteristic whoop.

“Okay, fine. But this all has to go down before I’m off to Melbourne.” I pointed out.

“Of course it is, I’m thinking late July.” I nodded and went on my way upstairs. I looked out my window and saw Frank lying on his bed, playing one of his guitars. I smiled and looked around for a sheet of paper.

“My Dearest Frankie,

Meet me tomorrow at like eightish by our tree, m’kay?”

I made it into an airplane and tossed it out the window. It hit the back of his neck and he winced. I stifled a giggle when he turned to read the paper angrily. I watched him look around for a pencil, scribble something, and toss it back out. I caught it and he leaned out.

“You know, you could always just say it. We’re like 6 feet apart.” He gestured to our windows.

I laughed “It’s hella lot more fun this way!” he rolled his eyes and went back to his guitar.

I opened the airplane to see he’d just “Ok”’d back.

I closed my windows, making sure to prevent any more “Frank-looking-through-my-window” accident and went off into the bathroom. I took a shower, changed into my PJs and went downstairs. “Hello there, your Fluffiness.” I bowed mockingly before my sister but she wasn’t bothered.

“You really do love him, don’t you Grandma?” I asked seriously. (okay, sorta seriously)

She sighed dreamily and looked at me. “Yep, I really do. I love Alexander Moore with all my freakin heart.”

“Damn, now he’s got you cursing and everything.” She glared at me and put dinner on the table.

“Just eat, Shorty.” I stuck my tongue out and she smiled.

------

I walked out to the parking lot where I found Gerard, Maddie, and Cookie waiting for me. I walked to school today because they didn’t want me to pick them all up so, we were going in Gee’s car, I just didn’t know Gee was coming.

“Hey peoples, what’s with the male?” I jabbed a finger towards Gerard, mock-whispering the last part.

“I probably have a hell of a lot more “women’s intuition” that the lot of you put together.” He said matter-of-factly “And Mads wanted me to come.” He grinned.

“Whatevs.” We piled into his car and set off for the mall.

-----

“Go on.” Gerard shoved me into a fitting room after piling garment after garment on me.

“Gee, do we really have to do this?” I whined trying to fight his shoving.

“Shorty, if we’re gonna do this, we’re gonna go all out.”

I gave up and came out in the first outfit. Gee picked it out. It had a ripped Smashing Pumpkins T-shirt, uber-tight black skinnies that were ripped in one knee, with a plaid skirt over it, a studded belt, and suspenders hanging off me. “Well, that settles it” Cookie said from her seat. “What?” I asked.

“I’m calling Mikey and telling him I’m ditching him for you.” I laughed and turned to look in the mirror. “Do guys like it?”

“Hell yeah!” Maddie said, coming back with another pile of clothes.

I laughed nervously when I saw the pile of clothes before I was shoved back into the fitting room.

------

We walked into the salon and were greeted by some overly flamboyant man Maddie seem to know well. “Madalynn! Ciao, bella!” He kissed both her cheeks and I laughed at Gerard’s face. He practically fucking analyzed us before saying hello. “You guys, this is Fabio.”

“Ah, Maddie” he said in his heavy Italian accent. “New customers?”

She smiled awkawdly. “Just one” she dragged me from behind Cookie “This is Carolina, we wanted to give her makeover. I waved and faked a smile.

“I see, I see.” He tapped a finger to his chin and abruptly grabbed me by the wrist and dragged e over to a chair.

“I know just what to do.” He clapped and got to work.

An hour later, he removed the little cape thingy and let me see my reflection. “Holy shit!” I gasped.

My hair was now in even choppier layers that were a mess between bright pink and bleached white and he dyed my bangs blonde with a streak of black. “Oh my god! I love you!” I jumped off my chair and hugged him. He was surprised and hesitated to hug back. I smiled and we sat down with the manicurist. I did my nails red with black tips, and I decided to get my eyebrows and my lips down while we were there. It wasn’t where I usually went, but what the hell?

And Maddie and Cookie got a kick out of explaining to the entire salon what we were doing, the whole deal with Frank and I.

Ugh.

I was finally released and Gerard drove us to my place where they continued to dress me up like a fucking mannequin.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay for comments! =D
P.S.You guys, my other story "Who Gives A Damn If We Lose The War" is like Maddie and Gee's backstory. So make sure to check that out and tell me what you think. Once again, I'll update the next part faster than usually if I can get some comments. Peac,e Love, and the Walrus, my little ghost readers.