Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Love Notes, Sorta

Image
My eyes shot open in frustration and I looked to my left to find it was four in the morning. I sighed and looked back at Frank. He had one arm around me and the other behind his head, the sheets barely covered his chest and I could make out the swallows on his hips; he wasn’t snoring at the moment but instead had a teeny tiny smile on his face.

It’s really hard not to smile, but I do it anyway.

I try to go back to sleep but eventually give up. I detach myself from Frank as carefully as possible, because Frank gets up at the crack of dawn anyway. I get up and cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing as I watch Frank cuddle my pillow instead of me.

I figured I might as well start packing for the beach. I find my one-piece swimsuit (I’m modest, so sue me), my Aviators, my towel, my sunscreen (I don’t tan, I fry), and my sandals. By the time I’m done, dressed, and ready to go, I realize only fifteen minutes have passed. I sigh and sit down at my desk. My eyes glance upon my sticky note pad. And an idea pops into my head. I grabbed a pen and got to work.

-----

I watched as Frank groped the sheets in confusion. He opened his eyes and did my best to keep my face straight. “Hey Frankie.”

"What’re you doing over there?” he tried to get up and looked around in horror at the dozens of sticky notes he was covered in. “What the fuck?” he picked one off his nose and read it aloud.

“’I love you Frankie’. Awww, that’s so sweet Carol.” He smiled and pulled me down onto my bed.

“I was trying to get my point across.” I shrugged and laughed.

He raised an eyebrow “You woke up early and you were bored, right?”

Dammit.

“Maybe.” I smiled sheepishly and he hugged me.

He tried to run his hand through his hair but was stopped by another bunch of sticky notes.

“I love you, too, babe, but now you have to help me get them off.” He smirked and I groaned.

“Fine.”

-----

“Are you done now Frank?” I stood outside the bathroom door.

“Annnnnd done.” He finally popped out.

“Are you sure you’re not gay?” he smiled and put his arm around my neck.

“Why do you think I was in there so long?” he smirked, leading me down the stairs.

I paused for a second “Oh god, Frank! There are things you shouldn’t fucking share, eww.” He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

“Language, children.” My sister glided by.

“Hey Fluffy”

“That’s not my name!” she whined.

I ignored her. “We’re off to the beach, don’t when we’ll be back, don’t wait up, and use a condom.”

Her eyes went wide and she scoffed “Children these days.”

“We’re technically adults.” Frank pointed out.

“You” she pointed at me “still live here.” “Not for long” I coughed. “And you” she turned to Frank, “Practically live here anyway. You’ll be adults when you get the hell out of here.”

“Whatevs, see ya, wouldn’t wanna be ya.” I sang as I closed the door.

“FYI, you’re driving.” I flung my keys at Frank.

“Sweet!” he caught them and cheered.

“And we have to go pick up Gee and Maddie, his car’s in the shop.” He groaned and I slid in next to him.

“Chill your face, Frank.” I grumbled. He laughed and pulled me into a kiss.

“I love you Shorty.”

I glared at him and he started the car laughing.

We pulled into the Ways driveway and walked up to their door. I raised my eyebrow at Frank and he pursed his lips and knocked. I smiled satisfied and Donna opened the door. “Donna, hey-“

She pulled us into an intense hug, you know the type your aunt’s give you and held us at arms length. “It’s about time!”

Oh.

We laughed and she continued “I was about to step in and put you two together myself!” She put her hands on her hips and pointed at us, smiling.

“Well, I’m gonna keep harassing you guys, they’re down in the basement.” She stepped aside and we trekked down the stairs. We found Gee, Mikey, Cookie, Maddie, Ray, and Bob (damn everyone has a nickname) messing around. “There they are.” Bob was the first to notice us.

“Hello peoples” I waved in a funny voice.

We greeted everyone but when I got to Bob and Ray, I asked “Where’s, uh, Layla and Karrie?” I glared at Maddie and Gerard who were snickering at the sound of ‘Karrie’.

I looked back at Bob and Ray’s unhappy faces. “They came out.” Bob mumbled.

“Um, okay?” Frank said, confused.

“Of the closet.”Ray said with a face. “And they’re together.” I raised my eyebrows surprised. “It’s okay, you can laugh Bob laughed when he found out.” Ray waved us off and I tried my best to keep it in.

“Moving on,” Maddie said, disentangling herself form Gerard. “Are we all set to go?” Mumbles of ‘yeah’ and ‘whatevers’ went around and she laughed. “Okay, Mikey, Cookie, Ray and Bob go in Ray’s car, Gee and I will go with Carolina and Frank.” She clapped her hands together and everyone picked up their stuff.

We headed out and I said goodbye to Donna after forcing everyone else to do so. I swear to God, these people have no manners.

I gave Gee my keys and slid into the back seat beside Frank. “You fucking savages; don’t even say goodbye.” I grumbled and Gee and Frank rolled their eyes as Maddie giggled. Gerard leaned across Maddie to the glove compartment and managed to score a Cure tape from my glove compartment. He put it on at full blast and gunned the engine.

“Relax, it’s the end of your spring break.”Maddie waved me off.

I leaned on Frank and he took my hand in his. He started playing with my hair “I like your hair like this.” He smiled.

Maddie leaned in “You fucking better.” She raised an eyebrow at him. He laughed nervously and she smiled innocently.

“You should dye your hair pink. Then it’d be like a thing, you know?” I told him.

“Oh hell no.” he shot back.

I laughed “Why not, you said real men wear pink.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, wear, like, clothes, not my hair. What the hell’s wrong with you?”

“Chill, Frankie.” I kissed his the scorpion tattoo on his neck. “I’m just kidding. If you dyed your hair pink, I’d have to stop talking to you.” I said as if it were obvious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Frank would still be beautiful with pink hair.