Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

If, If Is Good

Image
The light streaming in from my window practically fucking blinded me, it was pretty damn hard not to wake up – God knows I tried. My alarm clock didn’t wake me up though, it was Sunday, I think. One more day till we’re back at hell. Maybe it’s already Monday – ohshitIoverslept!

I shot up from my bed but saw a mound next to me; I ripped off the sheets and found not Frank, but Maddie.

“What the hell?!” I had just woken up and had my friend in my bed - I’m allowed to be rude.

“Hey there, my little walrus.” She mumbled with a smile and sat up.

“I was wondering when you’d get up. Did you know your foot twitches in your sleep?” I laughed at Maddie’s morning behavior. Yep, she definitely shared a brain with Gee.

“Yeah, I do know, Frank tells me all the time.” We laughed “But how come you’re here?” I raised an eyebrow and she looked as if she’d just remembered something.

“Oh yeah”.

Guess she did.

“We came back pretty late, so we asked you if we could crash here and you passed out, so we took that as a yes.” I smiled in disbelief, well not really, it wasn’t exactly unexpected.

“So they’re downstairs?” she nodded. “And my sister?” she gave a deep nod and said, “Down the deep end since we got here.”

“Cool.” another nod. “Has anyone ever told you act drunk in the mornings?” she nodded again but backtracked in confusement.

I laughed and went off to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and I looked like I belonged at the Cirque du Soleil. My hair was in tight curls, not Ray-curly though, my bangs were all over the place, my neon yellow and blue swimsuit could've blinded you if you looked too long. I giggled and went off to my shower.

I brushed my teeth and left my wet hair down as usual and changed into a baggy Iron Maiden t-shirt that I thought was mine and Darth Vader pajama pants. I walked back into my room and told Maddie I’d wake up the boys and make coffee for them.

She went off into the bathroom and I skipped down the stairs. I saw Gee and Frankie cuddling on the couch. Weird, but I couldn’t help it. I grabbed Maddie’s camera off the coffee table and snapped a shot.

I went over and poked Gerard.

He opened one eye and looked to see who he was holding. His eyes opened completely and let go of Frank and scooted over to the other side of the couch. We laughed as Frank frowned and mumbled “Carol?”

His eyes slid open only slightly and he realized he wasn’t holding anyone. He looked at me and looked at a disheveled Gerard on the other end of the couch and gathered who had been in his arms. He went red and stood up.

“Good morning Frankie.” I smiled.

He mumbled sleepily and kissed me. I giggled and looked at Gerard, who was completely unashamed as I knew he’d be. Frank though, rolled his eyes.

-----

This time I woke up on the Moday that school started. And this time I didn’t wake up with Maddie next to me. I yawned and rolled over to find Frank staring at me.

“The hell are you looking at me for?”

He giggled his gorgeous giggle and I couldn’t help but join him. He closed his eyes and nuzzled his face into my neck. “I will never get tired of you asking me that.”

“You’ll never get tired of me acting like a bitch in the mornings?” He pulled back and raised an eyebrow.

“You’re never a bitch.” I smiled “Well, there was that one time, when they tweaked your braces and drugged you up and you beat the shit out me and then you started crying and-“ my smile fell flat and I sat up.

“I get it Frank. You know very well that we don’t speak of my braces.” I narrowed my eyes and he laughed.

“Why? I loved your braces, even if you hated them.”

I huffed. “They made me look retarded.” he rolled his eyes.

“Whatever, babe. You’ll always be drop dead gorgeous to me.” I grinned so hard, my cheeks interfered with my vision. “Really Frankie?”

He giggled and intertwined his hands in mine. “You were gorgeous when you had braces, when you got that weird dye job in tenth grade to piss off your dad and he made you dye it back, when your lip ring got infected and your lip blew up, when you fell out the window and looked like you got run over” he raised his eyebrows. “And you’ll be gorgeous when you’re old, fat, wrinkly…”

“I do believe you mean if, Frank.” I smiled. “Not when.”

If, if is good.” He quoted “Hercules”.

“You thought I was pretty all the way back then?” I asked.

He grinned, “No shit. I’ve loved you since the day I laid my eyes on you.”

“Then how come you went out with Marco?” I lowered my voice and escaped his gaze.

“’Cuz it’s always a hell of a lot easier to go after the slut than to chase who you really want.” He pinched my chin and made me look at him.

“And you know very well I’m fucking lazy.” I smiled a little.

“And after a while, I kinda gave up and thought you’d never go for me, we were ‘strictly friends’.” He made air quotes with his fingers and rolled his eyes. “Especially after you went out with John.” I scrunched my face up. “Who’s John?”

He laughed, “That kid that sat with us in band class?”.

My mouth made and ‘o’ shape. “Well, I’m sorry. He was nice to me and he asked me out.” I shrugged, “So, I said ‘Why not?”. Besides, he disappeared the next day.” I scowled and he giggled. “Why are you giggling?” I slugged his arm, “I’m being fucking serious, Frank.”

He pursed his lips, “I told him to leave you alone.” I gasped “What the hell?” He looked like he’d been found with his hand in the cookie jar. “I didn’t like him. He was a nerd.” He waved him off, “And we had a talk, I didn’t think he’d actually ditch you, though. I was honestly sorry about that.” I never remembered him and Frank having spoken.

“I never noticed.” I shrugged and he laughed hysterically. I only blinked and he calmed down. “Seriously?” I nodded. “C’mon, you know I’m not the most attentive person ever, Frankie.” He rolled his eyes and playfully sighed.

I giggled and he pressed his lips to mine. Kissing Frank was nirvana. I’m dead fucking serious. Just being near him made all these butterflies spazz out in the pit of my stomach. But it was an amazing feeling. Like you’re flying and it’s only Frank and I. I mean, every time he just smiles at me, my heart decides to gang up on my rib cage.

He pressed up against me deeper and my hands weaseled their way into his hair. He opened his mouth only slightly and I followed suit, letting his tongue in. I felt his heart speed up and smiled a little on the inside, knowing I had maybe a quarter of the effect he had on me on him.

He rolled on top of me and put his hands on either side of my face. Our eyes were closed so we didn’t quite notice my sister walk in. “Oh my gosh!”

We jumped apart and Frank fell off the bed, bringing me down with him.

“Oh, did I interrupt something?” my sister asked with general concern. “Well, whatever, you people are gonna be late, so go get ready.” Okay, she was just a bitch.

I looked at Frank out of the side of my sight and saw that he looked like he’d had the pleasure of taking a pomegranate to his face. “You’re so cute when you blush, Frankie.” I gushed and pinched his cheek.

------

I stuffed my books into my locker and bobbed my head to the beat of “Another One Bites the Dust.” I mumbled the lyrics and turned to face Cookie’s chest. “I feigned horror and she rolled her eyes. She opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by a hall monitor.

“Can I help you?” I tried to put as much disdain into my voice as possible. I didn’t have anything against hall monitors, just this one. Neville-the most pretentious name ever.

Neville looked me up and down and dismissed Cookie. She gave him the finger and ran off to class. He smirked his disgusting, stuck-up, nerd smirk and leaned against the locker. “So,” he tried to act cool and I made a face “I like your new ‘do.” He gestured towards my hair, “It’s sexy.” I had forgotten that people hadn’t seen it just yet.

“Thank you, Neville.” I forced myself to say almost robotically and looked around for any excuse to run away from him.

“So, you free Friday night?”He wiggled his unibrow.

I think I just threw up a little.

I lost my cool, “Um no, so get the fuck away from me.” I said and spun on my heels, but he held me back.

“Tsk, tsk. I didn’t wanna do this, but now I guess I’ll have to report your hair. You know very well, it’s against school rules.” My mouth fell open but he held up a hand, “Or you could just go out with me.” He smiled.

I rolled my eyes, “Hell no, just take me to the principal’s office.” I knew he was sad and I giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
subscribe and comment and make my world turn