Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Riots

Image
“I like dogs better.” I said and Al nodded.

He’d picked me up after school and said we should have a day alone to get to know each other better and we sat at a little diner down the street from his apartment. Whatever, less driving I’d have to worry about.

“I’ve been dying to get one, but your sister likes cats better.” He rolled his big green eyes and I giggled.

“You know what I’ve always found hilarious, now that you bring that up?” I asked and he raised his eyebrows.

“That my sister’s always gone for those that are like her polar opposites.” He nodded, asking me to continue. “And by polar opposites, I mean they’re always my clone.” He chuckled at the sudden realization and I joined in.

“Like, seriously dude. Look at yourself, we have the same friggin’ eyes, nose, eyebrows, freckles, goddamn hair color even!” he nodded and narrowed his eyes.

“Except you’re like five hundred fucking feet tall!” I widened my eyes and waved him off, cutting him off in the process. He, instead, laughed and continues to sip his “vegan friendly-milkshake” shit.

“Jesus Christ, Shorty, you’re a fucking riot.” He said sarcastically but kept laughing. “Anyway” he said when he managed to catch his breath, “I wanted to ask you something.”

Shit, he’s serious.

“I want to know if you’re okay with my marrying your sister.” I broke into a grin.

“Of course I am, Al. You guys are perfect for each other.” I patted his arm and he blushed.

How adorable.

“Who else could honestly put up with her?” I shrugged and he seemed to be confused.

“Honey, why do you think I’m running away to Australia?” he laughed but became serious again.

“Another thing I wanted to ask you about. What are you and Frank gonna do once you’re off?” he was worried.

I smiled, “Nothing, we’ll make it work. I love Frank, he loves me. Why would anything go wrong?” he opened his mouth, but I cut him off (I seem to do that a lot). “And you’re speaking with the most realistic person you’ll ever meet, so you can trust me.” He nodded, point obviously taken.

He grinned and sighed, “Young love.”

“What the hell, “Grandpa”?” I furrowed my eyebrows and he laughed. “Eh, I’m not that young.

He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

“Dude, you’re like twenty-five” –

“Twenty-six” he coughed.

“Whatever, you’re not dying anytime soon.”
-----
We parked in front of the Way’s place as usual and I almost dragged Al to the door. I knocked instead of walking in like Al insisted, and Donna opened the door to find us arguing.

It totally must’ve been a funny sight.

But she held in that giggle I knew she wanted out, “Carolina and Alexander!” her voice went up in pitch. “I haven’t seen you in so long!”

“Good to see you, Mrs. Way.” He nodded politely.

Why can’t he be that goddammed polite in knocking? Why can’t anybody?

She pursed her lips, “Now don’t call me that, you know it makes me feel old.”

He sighed and playfully rolled his eyes, “Okay, Donna.” His eyes widened with ‘Donna’ and she smiled.

“Well, come in” she pulled us in and shut the door behind her; “You don’t want to be late and get Gerard in one of his "diva moods".” She made a face and skittered off.

I laughed and led Al down the stairs to the basement. “And this is where all the magic happens!” I said with a flail of my hands.

He looked around, “And the occasional horror movie marathon/ cuddle fest – but that’s
beside the point!” I clapped and Gerard saw me.

“Shorty!” he squealed and the stampede of testosterone followed him. (Because the ladies kept civil)

“Hey guys.” I waved in a general direction and grabbed Al’s arm. “Guess who’s here to watch you guys?”

Bob gasped, “No fucking way!”

“An actual audience?!” Ray continued.

“Oh my fucking god!” Gerard squealed and clapped his hands together.

Mikey rolled his eyes and I laughed. I felt arms wrap around me and grinned even harder.

“Frankie!” it was my turn to squeal. He returned the grin and pulled me into a kiss. Maddie cleared her throat and we pulled away, she nudged her chin in Gee’s direction and Frank rolled his gorgeous eyes. I giggled and shooed him off towards his guitar, Sinatra.

I walked back over to the sofa where Cookie sat with Al and Maddie. I sat in Cookie’s lap and she didn’t seem to mind one bit. “Okay, Al. So they’re like, amazingly kick ass and” Maddie shushed her and the opening notes to “Early Sunsets Over Monroeville” started to tinker in.
----
We stood at my doorway and were saying goodbye to Al. “So, I’m definitely checking you guys out again.” Al said with a wide smile and Frank beamed back, nodding the way only an excited Frank Iero can.

Just then, my sister opened the door and all three of us turned back to look at her. “Good, you’re home.” She nodded quickly at Al, something was off.

“I have to talk to you, Carolina.” Okay something was really off, she never said my full name.

I looked at Al and Frank and shrugged, “Okay, shoot.”

She hesitated before breathing out, “Mom and Dad are coming.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments and make sure to vote for me with the button my profile you guys, for a story of the week competition I'm doing. =]