Walking Contradictions

Headed For A Fight

"We estimate Thomas is heading this way at about 60 miles per hour ready for a fight," Tony's teeth glinted as he smiled, "and we need your help."

"The hell can I do?"

"We need someone on the inside. The cops never get involved in my business. It's my business. And payment is blood shed." His eyes grew cold as he thought of the offense Thomas had committed.

"I'm not going to kill him. If you think that, you've lost your damn mind."

"Babydoll, you have-"

"Don't call me babydoll."

"Touchy. Ok. We need you to get in his head. He ran from us and we need to know where he's disappeared off to. Without him knowing. He wouldn't suspect you."

"He probably would."

"You give him too much credit."

"Look, I don't have time for this. I have to go pick-"

"Amy up from daycare." Tony grinned. "Oh we know. And I already have somewhere there. Now you can do as I tell you the first time, or-"

"Keep your grimy paws off my niece!"

"Then do as I say. Or she becomes collateral."

"I can't believe you talked me into this," Thomas said with a breath, looking at the LA skyline in the distance. "We're gonna fuckin die."

"Oh come on," Sarah smiled, pressing harder on the gas pedal, "It's an adventure."

"More like suicide mission."

"Shut it, kiddo. I've got your back. We have guns."

"They probably have bombs!"

"Well if you die, I'll avenge you."

"And if we both die?"

"We can beat the shit out of each other in hell." Sarah let out a giggle, reaching over and ruffling her friend's hair. "We're gonna be fine."

"Putting the fun in dysfunctional," Thomas smirked, quoting something he had over heard while Anna was glued to the TV one night. He let his head thump against the headrest and put his feet up on the dashboard, thinking of his kids. If he died on this suicide mission, poor Oz would be left with two headcase teenagers. He was becoming family sick, since he really didn't have a 'home'. He missed his kids arguing and getting to break it up, hearing them pester him, ask him if he was dead every morning and ignoring them when they started imitating that Harry Potter Puppet Pals video, saying 'bother bother bother' over and over again. "I wanna go back."

"Back to where?"

"Edenton. I miss the kids."

"I miss the little fuckers too."

"Not like I do."

"Are you feeling maternal?" Sarah teased.

"Something like that." The painful memory of his brother Mike in the hospital popped up in his head and he grunted. "Ok, it's worth dying."

"There ya go, champ. Keep vengeance in mind."

"Take this exit," Thomas said, his heart rate speeding up and pounding his ears as they exited the highway and entered the city from hell.

"You're going to be ok," Sarah said confidently, "I promise."

"I hope to God we both get out alive," Thomas mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, it's been forever. Bare with me, please. I'm getting new ideas that will get me from point A to B.