Walking Contradictions

Drug Deals and Ex Lovers

"Alright, buddy boy," Oz said as he and Brad walked down the street, "today you're gonna learn how to sell drugs, and possibly spot under covers."

"But why would I need to know that?" Brad asked, putting his hood up and shivering in the cold air.

"Because as long as I'm living in your house, you are in charge of protecting me. Plus, it's always handy to have those abilities if your in a tight spot. Look alive and slip me a dime."

"What?"

"Right front jacket pocket. And hurry up. Hey man!" Oz smiled at a guy coming towards them down the side walk.

"Hey Oz," The guy smiled back, "long time no see, my brother. What's been shakin?"

Brad slipped Oz a dime back and watched as the exchange was casually made, along with a shoulder bump.

"Keep on the up and up, man," Oz said as they continued on. "And that, my dear child, was a drug deal. I just made twenty dollars. That's twenty towards the light bill."

"I still don't see why this is needed," Brad sighed, watching a bird fly by.

"Ozzy, baby!" Someone called as they ran out of their house towards the pair.

"Hey Auntie!" Oz greeted warmly. "How ya been baby?"

Brad slipped Oz another dime bag and rolled his eyes as Oz and Auntie hugged and made the exchange.

"Oh you're an angel!" Auntie smiled, kissing the drug dealer on the cheek before running back across the street and inside.

"How long have we been out here?" Oz asked.

"Ten minutes," Brad said, starting to walk on, wanting to get out of there before the cops rolled up.

"And how much have I made?" Oz asked in a cheeky voice as he caught up with the 19 year old.

"Forty."

"And how much did you make per hour at that drug store job of yours?"

"Shut up."

"We're gonna die," Thomas groaned as he and Sarah walked down the street towards Tony's bar.

"No we aren't. We're gonna go in there, take names, kick ass, and get your soul free," Sarah replied confidently.

But Thomas didn't hear any of that. He was too distracted by Cindy walking towards them. They both stopped, shocked to see each other after months.

"T-Thomas?" Cindy gasped.

"Holy hell," Thomas breathed, taking a step closer. "How have you been?"

"Stressed. Look, Thomas, I'm sorry about how things ended. That was fucked up and I shouldn't have done that to you. Especially in front of your kids."

"No, I don't blame you."

The pair stood there, gazing at each other, still both in shock.

"....I miss you," Thomas blurted out.

Sarah just sighed and rolled her eyes.

"I miss you too," Cindy smiled, running and throwing her arms around her ex boyfriend. "Why'd you leave?"

"It wasn't safe anymore. Oh shit I almost forgot. Uh, fuck. Look, go to the bar and wait there ok?"

"Why? Can't I just come with-"

"No! It's way too dangerous. Just go, wait there, and if I'm not there within two hours, then you can leave and forget I ever existed."

"Because you'll be dead," Sarah grumbled. "Come on, we gotta go."

"Just stay there and stay safe," Thomas said, kissing Cindy quickly before he and Sarah hustled down the block and into Tony's bar.

"I think what I have to tell you is worse then any fight," Cindy whispered to herself before walking towards the bar Thomas use to work at.

The moment Sarah and Thomas entered the dark, smokey room, everything seemed to stop. The game of pool came to a screeching halt, the music seemed to stop, and every one was quiet.

"Yall act like you've never seen white people before," Sarah said loudly, a grin on her face. "Where's Tony?"

"You got some balls showin your face around here, Anderson," The bar tender said in a wary voice. "He's in the back."