Status: New.New.New.New. Enjoy :D

Such Fragile, Broken Things

Three

A small gust of wind blew through the venue as I was trying to set the merch tent up. One side of the tent started to collapse, and I couldn’t reach it in time. I was holding one side, giggling like a maniac. “Olivia! Help! Can you grab the other side?” I asked.

“No!” She exclaimed, through a fit of laughter. “My tent fell too!”

I was in stitches, laughing so hard. The muscles in my stomach were so tense, it felt like I had done two hundred crunches. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. But at the same time, I couldn’t stop. All the sudden, my tent was lifted on the other side, and I came face to face with Ronnie. I was still giggling as he looked into my eyes, smiling slyly. A cigarette hung from his lips, and he started to laugh as well.

“Need a hand?” He asked.

“Yes please.” I said, biting my bottom lip. Ronnie winked at me, and helped me set the tent up. I saw that Max was helping Olivia with their tent.

We all sat on the ground between the tents when we were finished. Olivia and I lit cigarettes, and my phone was going off in my bag, but I chose to ignore it.

“So, since there was no catering tonight, I was going to go for a walk and see what was around here for food. Who’s in?” Ronnie asked.

“I’m in.” I said, patting my stomach. “I haven’t eaten since breakfast.”

Olivia yawned, and leaned against Max. “I’m too tired to go anywhere but to bed.” She closed her eyes, and smiled.

“Max?” Ronnie looked at his best friend who had his eyes closed as well, his head leaning on Olivias.

“No way, dude. I’m beat.” He said quietly.

Ronnie looked over at me. “I guess it’s just you and me then, kid.” He smiled. “What do you want to eat?” He asked.

“What’s around?” I asked.

“No clue. Lets go take a walk, and we’ll see.” Ronnie stood, and held his hand out to me. I took it, and he helped me up off the ground. I grabbed my bag, and took my phone out. I had a missed call from Hayley, but no voice mail so I texted her.

Whats up? Going to go grab something to eat. I sent the message, and looked up to see Max and Olivia standing up sleepily as well. We all started to walk back to the buses in a somewhat awkward silence. Hayley texted me back when we were at the gates of the venue.

With who? Where are you now? It’s almost eleven. Was her reply.

I’m with Olivia, Ronnie, and Max from ETF. :D Liv and Max are going to bed. Just Ronnie and I going out. Keep you posted. Be back in about an hour.

You better be careful! Don’t get into any trouble! We haven’t even been here for six hours.

Don’t worry about me. Be back soon. We were all back to the buses by the time I sent that message. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Olivia.” I said to her as we all stopped at the red bus. “Nice meeting you, Max.” I said waving to the both of them.

“Night, Audrey. See you tomorrow.” Olivia yawned, and waved. Max smiled, and followed Olivia onto the bus.

“So.” Ronnie said, as we started to walk away. “I brought a little something.” He said, taking his pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. He opened the back and held it upside down in the palm of his hand. When he removed the pack, a half of a joint was in his palm. “It’s the half a joint that you threw in for.” He smiled at me.

“Fuckin sweet.” I said taking my lighter out of my bag. Ronnie held the joint for about five minutes as we walked in silence before he held between his lips, and lit it.

“So, Audrey, tell me about yourself.” Ronnie said passing the joint to me as we walked into a more urban area.

“Well, Ronnie, what do you want to know?” I asked.

“Where are you from?” He asked, as I puffed off the joint then handed it back to him as we walked slowly away from the venue.

“Franklin, Tenessee.” I said, coughing a little.

“Nice. I’m guessing you know I’m from Vegas?” Ronnie laughed. I simply nodded, trying not to cough too much. “How old are you?” Ronnie asked.

“Seventeen. I’m turning eighteen on July ninth. You?” I asked.

“I’m twenty-three. I’ll be turning twenty-four on December fifteenth.” Ronnie said taking a hit, then passing it back. “Any other siblings?” Ronnie asked. “I mean, besides Hayley.”

“Yeah. I have two younger sisters. Do you have any other siblings, other than Olivia?” I asked. I took a hit while I waited for him to answer.

“Yeah, I have an older brother named Riley.” Ronnie said, taking the joint back. “Favorite song?” He asked.

“Well, it changes periodically. Right now, I’m really into this band from England. They’re called Bring Me The Horizon. My favorite song by them is A Lot Like Vegas. I really love Maelene and the Sons of Disaster as well. And Pantera. Basically, I can’t make up my mind. I really don’t have a favorite. I love all music.” I laughed. “What about you?”

“Right now, my favorite song is Through These Eyes by the Confession. But I like a lot of different music as well.” Ronnie stopped outside a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant, and stubbed the roach out on the pavement. “Do you like Mexican?” He asked.

“I love Mexican!” I smiled widely, my already half open eyes looking less open. Ronnie smiled, his eyes just as open as mine, as he handed me the roach. I put it in my empty cigarette pack.

Ronnie opened the door, and held it open. “Ladies first.” He said. He towered over my short, thin frame, and I walked by him into the air conditioned restaurant. I shivered a little as I looked up at the menu. Ronnie stood next to me, and put his arm around my shoulders. I could feel myself blushing a little, and I hoped he was just staring at the menu like I was and not staring at me.

I stepped up to the counter, and placed my order. Before I could start to get my wallet out, Ronnie added to the order, and handed the guy at the counter a twenty dollar bill.

I turned my head to Ronnie, and stared at him. “Excuse me, mister.” I said, trying to scowl.

“It’s on me tonight, doll.” He said winking.

“You didn’t have to do that.” I said crossing my arms.

“Of course I did. I wanted to. If I didn’t want to, then I wouldn’t have.” He shrugged. We sat on a bench across from the register, and talked quietly. “Hey, I’ll be right back. I’m going to go grab a bottle of Jack, and we’re going to get even more wasted in the park across the street.” Ronnie said standing up.

“Wait. Take some money for it.” I said taking my wallet out of my bag.

“No way. Just sit here, and wait for the food.” He said, putting a hand over mine.

“Will you at least grab me a pack of smokes?” I asked. “And those, I will be paying for.” I said narrowing my half opened eyes.

“What kind?” Ronnie asked.

I pulled my hands out from under his and took out a ten. “Marlboro menthol one hundreds.” I said handing the money to him. He took the ten, and smiled before turning away.

“I’ll be back in five minutes. Don’t leave that spot!” He said waving a finger in my direction before walking out the door. I laughed to myself, and started a text to a friend of mine back home.

I just got high with Escape the Fate. Twice. I put my phone back in my purse and smiled to myself as I put the phone back into my bag, and waited for the food to be called. Ronnie was standing outside with a brown paper bag in one hand, and a cigarette in the other. He waved to me and smiled before taking a drag of his cigarette. I giggled, and waved back.

“Miss, your food is ready.” I heard the attendant behind the counter say. I got up off the bench, and took the large brown paper bag in my hands. The spicy smell permeated through the bag, and made my mouth water.

“Thank you.” I said, turning and walking away from the counter, and over to the door. Ronnie Opened the door for me, and I smiled at him. “Why thank you sir.” I bowed my head to him while I laughed, and stood next to him.

“You’re very welcome, my dear.” Ronnie placed the lit cigarette between my lips and I took a drag.

“So what did you get?” I asked, keeping my lips tight so I wouldn’t drop the cigarette and nodding toward the brown paper bag that he was holding.

“Jack Daniel’s. Just like I said I was going to get.” Ronnie waved the bottle back and forth while we crossed the street.

I plopped down on the slightly dewy grass, and giggled. Ronnie uncapped the bottle of Jack Daniel’s and took a swig before passing the bottle to me. I stubbed the cigarette out on the damp grass and placed the bottle to my lips. I took a large gulp, and the hair on my arms and on the back of my neck rose as the liquid burned my throat and a shutter erupted from my body.

Ronnie took the foam containers from the brown paper bag and handed one to me. I opened it and smiled when I saw the carne asada french fries inside.

Ronnie was about to take a bite of his food when I remembered that we hadn’t finished the joint yet. “Wait!” I exclaimed before he took a bite of the enchilada in his hands. I put my food down and closed the foam container. I grabbed my bag and took out a small glass bowl out of it. “Lets finish this first.” I said taking the roach out of the empty cigarette pack and putting it in the bowl.

Ronnie smiled as I lit the bowl and took a hit. “Now that’s my kind of girl.” He laughed, putting away his food as well. Ronnie held his hand out for the bowl and I passed it to him, holding my hit until he took one. I watched the smoke drift higher and higher until it dispersed in the air. It was silent between us as we took a couple more hits each, then started eating.

“So…” I said, swallowing my food after a few minutes of eating in silence. “Wanna play twenty-one questions?” I asked, giving a flirty glance in Ronnies direction.

He returned the flirty glance, took a swig of the whiskey, and nodded his head. “I’m game.” He said handing me the bottle. “But you’re going first.” He added.

I nodded, took a swig and thought of what I wanted to ask first. I decided to play it safe with my first question.

“What’s your full name?” I asked.

“Ronald Joseph Radke.” He said smiling. “Whats your full name?” He asked.

“I’ll let you get away with asking the same question once! But that’s not how it goes.” I laughed. “My full name is Audrey Spencer Williams.” I said smiling at him. I took a swig of whiskey, and decided to be safe with my next question as well. “Whats your favorite color?” I asked, taking another bite of the delicious food.

“Black.” Ronnie said, taking a bite of his food. “You?”

“I like pink and orange.” I paused and waited for him to ask a question. He looked at me, also waiting for me to ask a question. “Oh, no no. That doesn’t count as a question!” I laughed.

“If you say so.” Ronnie laughed. “Okay. Whats… What’s your favorite movie?” He asked.

“That’s kind of a though question.” I laughed. “No, really though. It is. I love movies. My favorite movie is… It’s a toss-up between the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. But Disney movies are my guilty pleasure.” I blushed a little at the last part, and looked to the ground.

“I love the Texas Chainsaw Massacre!” Ronnie smiled, and took a swig of the whiskey. “Your turn.” He said taking a bite of his food.

I took the bottle of whiskey, and took a swig. I took a deep breath in decided to go very bold in my next question. “Are you single?” I asked.

“Yes. Are you?” Ronnie asked. “And, no. That’s not my next question.” He laughed.

I giggled. “Single as a dollar bill.” I smiled. I closed my half empty container of food and looked up at Ronnie. I pushed my hair out of my face and leaned backwards, my arms supporting my weight.

“Have you ever had sex on the first date?” Ronnie asked.

“I have. Once. And I have no problem admitting it. But that relationship obviously didn’t work out.” I laughed.

“Craziest thing you’ve ever done?” Ronnie asked.

“Hey, wait! It was my turn!” I exclaimed, leaning forward and playfully swatting his arms before taking another swig.

“My bad.” Ronnie laughed, taking the bottle from me, and taking a swig. “Go ahead.” He motioned for me to ask my question as he scooted closer to me. He was now sitting next to me.

“Well, now I forgot what I was going to ask.” I started to giggle. “It’s all your fault.” I leaned my head on his shoulder, a bold move, and tried to stop giggling.

“Okay.” Ronnie started laughing as well. He leaned his head on mine. “What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?” He asked.

“Okay. The craziest thing I have ever done…” I paused for a second, trying to decide which story to tell. “Okay, so this one time I was out with my two best friends, Penelope and Jade. We went to this part and we left early to get some weed and head back to my house for the night. The party was awful. I ended up taking some ecstasy and hanging out the sunroof while we were driving around. We never got back to my house, but we broke into the local pool and went skinny dipping with some people we went to school with.” I explained, laughing my way through the story. Ronnie was laughing as well. I took a swig of the whiskey and passed it to him. “So, I have my question for you now.” I said wiping the corners of my mouth.

“Go.” Ronnie took a swig od the whiskey and looked down at me.

“Do you think you could catch me in less than a minute?” I asked.

“What?” Ronnie asked, taking his head off mine and looking at me obviously confused. To answer his question I got up and started sprinting across the park. He quickly got the message, and started to chase after me. We ran around the park for definitely over once minute. I heard my phone start to ring so I ran to my bag. Ronnie was still all the way across the park so I answered it. It was Hayley.

I wasn’t even paying attention to where Ronnie was, and apparently he gained speed when he saw that I was standing still. “Hey Hayley.” I said attempting to catch my breath, hunched over and giggling. All of the sudden I felt immense pressure on my side, and the next thing I knew I was on the ground laughing like a maniac. “Hale, let me call you back.” I could hardly breathe I was laughing so hard.

“Don’t bother! Just get your butt back here! It’s twelve forty-five!” I heard Hayley yell before I hit the red button on my phone and tossed it to the side. When I looked up, I came face to face with Ronnie. I could feel his breath on my face. My face was flushed and I could feel Ronnies eyes burn into the side of my face as I turned my head to look away from him.

“So what do you say we finish that bottle on the way back to the bus, huh?” He whispered touching my hair softly. I turned my head to make eye contact with him.

“Only if we have to.” I said quietly, locking my eyes with his. Neither of us moved. I bit my bottom lip and my eyes fluttered as I broke the stare and looked away, yawning slightly.

“You want me to give you a piggyback ride back to the buses?” Ronnie asked, getting off me and reaching his out to me. I smiled and took it. He lifted me up and I wiped any dirt or grass off of my back.

“I don’t care.” I shrugged, my damp clothes making me a little cold, and I shivered as a chilly breeze blew through the park. I took the bottle off the ground and took a large swig. Ronnie picked up the two containers and put them in the brown paper bag. “You want some?” I slurred, slowly taking steps toward him.

Ronnie put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I started to laugh as I put the bottle to his lips and fed him some whiskey. “I think its time to get you back.” Ronnie whispered after he swallowed.

“I think so.” I said, leaning my head on his shoulder, and yawning. We walked to the edge of the park, and Ronnie tossed the bag into the trash can, and he turned so his back was toward me. I put the bottle in my bag, and zipped it shut.

“Okay, hop up.” He said, turning his head to the side to see me behind him.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“Completely.” Ronnie said laughing. “Now hop up. Your sister’s going to kill me.” I placed my hands on his shoulders, and jumped up. Ronnie caught my legs and held them around his waist. It felt like such a short walk back to the buses, and I didn’t want to go back to the bus. I had such a good night with Ronnie. He let me down right in front of the bus door, and turned to face me. “Good night, Audrey.” He whispered, taking my chin in his hand.

“Goon night Ronnie.” I said smiling.

Ronnie leaned forward, and placed his lips on mine. At first, I was too shocked to kiss back, but I quickly reacted and kissed him back. His lips were so soft, and smooth. He didn’t try and stick his tongue down my throat. He didn’t try and put his hands all over me. He simply kissed me, and it was beautiful. We broke away, and I looked down. Ronnie lifted my head and locked his eyes with mine. “I’ll see you in the morning, doll.” He smiled.

“Definitely.” I said, trying to catch my breath. I leaned on the bus door and watched as he walked away to his bus. I turned and punched the code into the door before looking back at him. He had his bus door open and was looking back at me. He waved, and I waved back before stepping onto the bus and closing the door. I smiled widely and walked to my bunk. Everyone was in their bunks watching movies or whatever they were doing. Hayley said something but I wasn’t listening. I just got into my bunk and closed my eyes.

Hello best summer of my life. It’s so nice to finally have you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So this is like four and a half pages long. Sorry this is so late. I really wanted to have it in before now but I've been really busy and I was in the hospital for a two days. Super bad allergic reaction to something. Haven't quite figured out what it was but I couldn't breathe and I couldn't open my eyes cos they were so swollen.

Anywho!!! Hope you guys liked this chapter. :D Moreeee soooon!