Never Means Forever

Eleven

The kiss. I should have expected it but I didn't. It was kind of sudden but it felt so good. As soon as his lips met mine I knew that this was exactly what my creator had fated. It might not be love yet but it was right. This is what I want and I hadn't realized it properly until his soft lips met mine. 

Everything clicked into place. All the uncertainty about what we're supposed to do as guardian and guardee flew out the window and all I wanted was Alexander. As a friend. A relationship. A soul mate. I wanted him. And it might be a bit selfish, especially as an angel, but I wanted him all to myself.

However, he seemed to have a different idea as he sprang up and left the room rather quickly. I hear a door slam and I assume that he's locked himself in his bathroom.

I sigh and stand, straightening out my wings and making sure that Mr. Price is still downstairs before making my way to the bathroom door. I bring my hand up in a fist and knock softly.

"Alexander, open the door." I plead.

He doesn't answer and soon, five minutes of knocking and begging pass. I find that the door is locked and I shake my head.

"Alexander, I'm coming in, okay?" I pause and wait for an answer. When none comes I sigh and shut my eyes, concentrating all my energy on this task. 

When I open my eyes I'm in the small porcelain room. Alexander sits on the edge of the tub with his face buried in his hands. I kneel in front of him and rest a hand on his shoulder.

The younger boy looks up at me with a startled expression and wide eyes. "H-how-?"

"I am an angel." I explain softly. "What's wrong? Why did you leave?"

"I-I'm so so-orry for k-k-kissing you. I d-don't k-know what I w-was th-thi king. I'm s-so s-stupid." He stutters through his apology and I can't deny that it's very attractive.

"Alexander, look at me." I lift his chin to look me in the eyes but he quickly looks away. I sigh and to the only thing I can think of. I kiss him.

He freezes but he melts against me in a matter of seconds, kissing back eagerly. His arms wrap around my neck and I can't resist pulling him down into my lap. The kiss ends when I sense that he needs air and pull away slowly. Alexander's eyes open lazily and I smile down at him.

"Alexander, you are not stupid. I honestly return your feelings toward me. Please, don't regret it." I insist.

He bites his lip. "You mean it?"

"Of course I do." I smile again and peck his lips before standing with him in my arms. Alexander squeals with delight and wraps his arms around my neck tightly. 

I easily maneuver him back into his room and lay both of us on the bed. I pull him close and arrange my wings into a more comfortable position before murmuring a goodnight into Alexander's sweet smelling hair.

He closes his eyes but I simply watch as he tries to fall asleep. Alexander lifts his head from my chest suddenly and looks into my eyes. "What does this mean?"

I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"I mean, are we anything now? I know you said something about being my guardian." He mumbles.

I smile and lean down to kiss him gently. "Well, yes, thats the technical term for it but um, generally reaper angels only turn to guardians when they've found their soul mates. I haven't turned into a full guardian but the kiss set it all in motion. I'm sure it'll come any day now."

Alexander's eyes widen. "So you mean-?"

"You're pretty much stuck with me forever." I joke in a serious tone.

He smiles brightly and lays back down, wrapping an arm firmly around my waist and stroking the feathers of my wings softly. "I think I'd like that."

Those are the last words he mutters before falling into his dreamland.