Never Means Forever

Seventeen

Alexander has a simple request and that was to go to the beach. The only problem I had with that was the fact that I couldn't properly swim with him because I had to keep my wings concealed. I could easily do that with a baggy T-shirt so the problem was solved easily. 

We got ready quickly and I grabbed his hand to lead him to the beach that was only just around the corner. As soon as we got there he stripped off his shirt and flip flops and raced into the water. I laughed as I watched him, setting down our towels before following him at a slower pace. 

As soon as I was waist deep in the water, Alexander latched onto my side and splashed me playfully. I splashed him back and thus the water war started. Soon we were both soaked even though we were only waist deep. 

Laughing, he pulled me out of the water and we collapsed together on the warm dry sand, the grains sticking to our wet skin and clothes. 

"I'm so happy I have you." Alexander sighs, laying under me comfortably. 

"I'm happy that you're happy and I don't even think I have to tell you how lucky I consider myself to have you but I will anyway." I smile softly, leaning down to capture his lips between mine.

"I-I think I mi-might be fall-ling in love w-with you." He confesses, cheeks turning an adorable shade of pink. I smile at the warm feeling that his words kindled deep inside me.

"I know I'm falling in love with you, Alexander." I smile softly. 

He looks up at me with wide eyes. "R-really?"

"Yes, really." I kiss him softly and laugh at his adorable giggle. "Probably since that first night I met you when I was pulled through your roof." I muse, playing with his thin fingers. "Even through the fear and the anxiety, I knew there was something about you that was different from all the other humans. I'm glad you're my soul mate, Alexander. I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend the rest of my life with."

Alexander's smile continuously widens and he cups my cheek with his right hand. "Me too, Lucian. I feel so lucky to have you." 

"Trust me, I'm the lucky one." I kiss his chest innocently and lean back on my knees. "Are you ready to go? The sun is almost setting."

"Yeah, but can we watch it first?" He asks sweetly. I can't resist his request so I pull him against me tightly. He settles against my chest comfortably and takes hold of my fingers possessively. The sun seems to dive into the water, turning the sky pink and orange. 

I sigh in content and groan reluctantly when Alexander stands, signaling that he's ready to go. He giggles at my reaction and pulls me off of the sand with much struggling on his part. 

"Are you going to stay at my house tonight?" He asks sweetly, placing a kiss to my lips. 

"Well, if I don't I'll end up there anyway. I'm your guardian so my permanent place is by your side. If I'm not there then my powers will pull me to you." I shrug.

"My house it is." Alexander laughs. I smile at the adorable, pink haired boy and feel myself fall for him a little bit more. I also feel my angel status grow more into guardianship. It's not a bad feeling just . . . different.