Never Means Forever

Eighteen

We walked into my house, and I called out, “Hey Dad, we’re home!”
Dad turned from his place on the couch to smile at us. “Did you two have fun?”
“Yeah we did.”
“Well get washed up. I’ll make a quick dinner.”
After I was done taking a shower and changing I walked downstairs to see if I could help Dad out.
“Dad, need any help?”
“I got it. Thank you. Where’s Lucian?”
“He’s taking a shower.”
“Alex, do you like that boy more than a friend?”
“Y-yes.”
“Do you think he likes you back?”
“He does.”
“Are you two already together?”
I nodded biting my lip nervously. I should have told Dad. Just because my dad approved of him as a friend didn’t mean he was going to be okay with me dating him.
Dad didn’t say anything which caused me to start worrying.
“D-Dad, are you mad at me?”
“No Alex. Let’s talk about this at dinner. All three of us. Please go set the table.”
I walked over to the cabinet, grabbed plates and forks, and set the table. Lucian and my dad walked in seconds later.
Dad muttered a quick blessing he asked, “So you’re dating my son, Lucian?”
“Yes, sir.”
I loved how polite Lucian was to my dad. Dad was silent for a bit.
“I’m not too happy about the age difference…” Dad said after a while. “I hope you don’t brek my son’s heart.”
“I never would. I love him.”
I grinned hugely when he said that. It made my heart do a small flip.
♠ ♠ ♠
My next chapter may take longer to post because I'm really busy right now.