Never Means Forever

Chapter four

After meeting Lucian, an angel if you can believe it, I went to bed. I barely got to my bed before I passed. My dreams were good from what I remember. I don’t remember them too well.
I heard my alarm on my phone going off. I opened my eyes a bit, rolled over, and shut my phone off. I stared at my ceiling for a bit before I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I rolled over to see Lucian asleep next to me.
He looked pretty calm and peaceful. He must have had a tough night since he had fallen. I didn’t want to wake him, but I had to make sure he was okay. I gently shook him. He groaned and tried to roll over. I felt bad. Maybe I shouldn’t wake him. I wanted to know if he was okay though.
“Lucian… Lucian… I just want to make sure you’re okay.”
Lucian opened his eyes. They were so beautiful. I smiled.
“Are you okay?” I asked.
He seemed pretty freaked to see e or that he fell asleep next to me.
“Uh… I’m sorry. I’ll go make you breakfast or something.”
I was worried. If Lucian didn’t know that he was at my house then something must be wrong.
I slipped out of bed.
“Just relax or something. I’ll- I’ll be right back.”
“Alexander, are you okay?”
I usually hated my full name, but when Lucian said it I sorta liked it.
“I’m okay. J-just worried about you.”
“I’m fine.”
“O-okay. Do you want me to make you food or anything?”
“I’m okay.”
“Okay well you can sleep here as long as you’d like. I-I’m going to get ready for school.”
I think I saw him smile, but I wasn’t quite sure. I stumbled to my dresser, clumsily picked out clothes then ran to the bathroom.
I couldn’t believe it. I was never nervous in front of new people. I was usually very friendly, and I never stuttered. Then again Lucian wasn’t just anyone, he was an angel, and he was pretty hot, too. Why would he hang around me?
|~|*|~|
After I was ready I went back to my room to see Lucian was gone. I couldn’t help but feel a little sad about that. I walked in my room, made my bed, then looked at myself in the mirror. I looked good I guess, but compared to Lucian I was nothing.
My dad knocked on my open door. “Hey kiddo, woah, what happened last night?”
“I ran into some dicks from school before I got to Brad’s.”
Dad sighed. “Maybe you should quit your job.”
“Dad, I can’t. We really need the money.”
“I’ll work harder then, maybe get a second job.”
“Dad, please don’t do that. Your doctor said you need to relax for a while. You aren’t supposed to do too much.”
“I’m not going to stand by while my only son gets beaten down every night after work,” Dad stated calmly.
“What if I talk to my boss about changing my hours?”
“We’ll talk about it after school. I’d like you to grab something to eat before you leave. Do you think you can walk to school today?”
“Yes. Dad, I’m running sort of late, so can I like gab a poptart on my way out? Please?”
“Sure.”
I grabbed my bag before I hugged my dad, kissed him on the cheek, and ran downstairs. I grabbed a cherry poptart and ran out the door. I slipped on my headphones and put my ipod on shuffle. System of a Down started blaring as I began walking to school.
My school was about two blocks from my house. I opened the poptart package and started eating one. I was about a block from my house when I felt as though I was being watched. I nervously bit my lip as I looked around. I caught Lucian looking at me. It made me nervous, though I don’t know why. It kind of bugged me that I was so nervous around this guy. I wanted to talk to him, but I was afraid he’d hate me. I mean he was so much better than me.