Status: Completed!

Rebel Love Song

DTR

I’d barely heard the door open, but I sure heard the small child singing the wedding march at the top of her lungs. I slid off Jake so fast I almost fell off the bed. If he hadn’t caught me around the waist I would have face planted into the floor.

And then, to add insult to injury, she started singing that song, you know the one: “Auntie Sky and Jakey, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.”

“Shouldn’t you be in bed child?” I said, interrupting her before she could move onto which came first, marriage or the baby carriage.

“I was thirsty.” She looked up at me with those big innocent eyes. So I got her a glass of water from the kitchen and tucked her back into bed.

“Next time we barricade the door.” I said when I came back in. I did belly flopped onto the bed, landing next to him where he was sitting up against the pillows. “Wanna watch some terrible television movie since the mood is ruined?”

“Sure.” He grinned and handed me the remote. “Are you cold?”

“Not really.” I’d put my hoodie back on so I was pretty much covered from head to toe.

“I’m fucking freezing to death.” He rubbed his bare arms, since he’d worn yet another wife beater.

“I can fix that.” I grabbed the quilt my grandma had sent from my bed and tossed it over him before crawling under it. I snuggled up close and he put his arms around my waist, head resting on my chest. “Hey, get your face out of there.”

“All your skin is covered.” He grumbled. “But I’ll move if you want me to.”

“Nah, I’m just giving you shit.” I giggled, turning the TV on.

“Good, cuz it’s comfy right here.” He moved his head back and forth, rubbing his cheek against my chest.

“Excuse you.” I poked the side of his head.

“Hey, I’m trying to build up a surplus. I’m not gonna be home tomorrow, remember?”

“That interview, right?” He was supposed to do an interview in L.A. tomorrow and would be gone most of the day.

“Yep. So I’m trying to get a lot of Sky in my system so I don’t get lonely in the middle of the interview.”

“Aww, you’d miss me?”

“Of course. I live with you. I’m used to being able to walk two feet and be able to see you.”

“You’re a sweetheart.”

“I try.” He grinned. “Now I was promised shitty TV movies.” So I handed him the remote and he flipped through the channels until he found a crappy sci-fi movie about giant snakes.

“Oh man, are you serious?” I said. “I fucking hate snakes.”

“Don’t go to Jeremy’s house. He’s got a few.”

“Sammi’s told me. Oh my God, that fucking snake is huge.” I closed my eyes so I wouldn’t see the busty blonde who was about to get eaten.

“Snakes really freak you out?” He lifted his head to look at me. I nodded, eyes still closed. “Changed the channel-shit.” All I heard was female moaning before he managed to get to the next channel.

“I think you would have enjoyed that channel.” I couldn’t keep the smirk off my face.

“Oh hush up.” He made a face at me.

“Ooh, how about I totally emasculate you and make you watch a Jennifer Aniston movie with me?” I cooed, pointing at the screen.

“Fuck. No.” He changed the channel again until we landed on a movie we both wanted to watch. So we lay there under the quilt, snuggled up together until Jake’s door opened.

“Auntie Sky?” Lily poked her head in.

“What’s wrong kiddo?” I asked.

“I’m lonely.” She was dragging her stuffed tiger, Tigey, behind her and her other hand was looped through Trixy’s collar.

“Well come on up then munchkin.” Jake put her in between us and Trixy lay down at the foot of the bed.

We felt like a family.

--

Jake was gone for his interview, Lily was at her friend Avery’s house and I was home alone. I’d been chilling in sweatpants and a tank top, but like a doofus I’d spilled ice cold water on my pants. I hadn’t bothered to put any back on afterwards, which I thought nothing of since I was alone.

So here I am, walking around the house in nothing but a tank top, underwear and knee high socks and listening to my iPod. Well, more dancing then listening, but you get the point. No one is bothering me as I jam along to One Track Mind by Papa Roach.

And then, in the split second of quiet as the song changed, I heard it.

The snickering.

With a sinking feeling in my stomach, I turned slowly to find the entirety of Black Veil Brides standing there laughing.

“Fuck my life.” I muttered, covering my face with my hand. There wasn’t anything I could do to disguise the fact that I was wearing purple polka dotted boy shorts with black lace on them.

“I like your underwear.” Andy said with a grin.

“You always walk around like that?” CC asked. “Cuz if you do Jake is one lucky bastard.”

“Jake’s a lucky man anyway.” With that, I made my escape down the hall. The first thing I did was find a pair of sweatpants I hadn’t spilled water on and pull them on quickly. Then I ran a brush through my hair and went back out.

“I wasn’t expecting you home for another couple hours.” I said. They were all still in full warpaint and sitting around the kitchen table.

“Clearly.” Jake grinned at me. “The interview took less time than I thought. Where’s the munchkin?”

“At her friend’s house.” I poured myself a glass of water, praying I wouldn’t spill this on myself.

“Your ass looks great, do you work out?” Ashley asked, his signature little boy grin on his face.

“Quit looking at my girlfriend’s ass.” Jake glared.

“Girlfriend?” I raised one eyebrow as I took a sip of water.

“Ooh.” CC stage-whispered. Jake turned bright red and was starting to stammer out an explanation.

“I’m just giving you shit.” I laughed, kissing his cheek.

“Aww, how cute.” Andy said in a falsetto voice.

“Fuck off.” I stuck my tongue out at him, wrapping my arms around Jake’s neck. “Shouldn’t you guys be getting unpainted?”

“I suppose. But I’d rather stay and make Jake feel awkward.” Jeremy smiled innocently.

“Well, Jake and I are gonna go take a shower.” I grabbed Jake’s hand and pulled him up off the chair. “You guys can amuse yourselves, right?” I led him into the bathroom amid several catcalls and “Get some Jake!”’s.

“Were you serious about being my girlfriend? And showering with me?” Jake asked when the door to the bathroom was closed.

“The girlfriend part, yes. You’re on your own for the shower part.” I winked at him and curled up on my bed, waiting for him to be done with his shower.