Status: Completed!

Rebel Love Song

Welcome to the Family

I got to the house just as Andy pulled up.

“Lily-pad!” He yelled, racing for Lily. She jumped into his arms and he put her on his shoulders.

“How’s it feel being so high up?” I laughed, opening the door for them. Andy had to bend his knees so he could get in without hitting Lily against the door. I gave Jake a quick kiss and ignored the outburst of the wedding march from Lily. She always seemed to do that for us.

“Hey kiddo.” Jake lifted Lily off Andy’s shoulders. “Trixy missed you.”

“Next time she can come with me!” Lily squirmed until Jake put her down and she raced off to where Trixy was.

“So Ash is bringing his new girl?” I said, flopping down on the couch.

“Since when did you two have a cat?” Andy asked, pointing at where Davey was asleep on the arm of the couch.

“Since Sky brought him home in a rainstorm.” Jake scratched behind Davey’s ears and I could hear him purring from here. “She named him after Davey Havok.”

“The man is awesome.” I shrugged. “That cat is such a mama’s boy though. He’s been sleeping with us.”

“CC’s bringing his girl too.” Andy said.

“What’s her name again? Ally?” I asked. I’d been living in my own little bubble for the last few weeks with Jake and Lily. Well, less Jake now that they were working on the new album.

“Yep.” Andy hopped up when he heard the doorbell ring. I got all excited until I saw that it was just Sammi and Jeremy.

“Hey guys.” Sammi said, sitting next to me. “Wow, you got laid last night.”

“Way to announce it to everyone Sam.” I rolled my eyes. “How could you tell? We both showered.”

“You’ve still got that not-quite-here look in your eyes.” She shrugged. “Do you feel as honored as I do that they bring their girls to us for approval?”

“Yeah, kinda.” I paused. “I must have been preapproved, since I already knew you.”

“Pretty much.” The doorbell rang again. I sat up straighter when I saw Ashley walk in.

Just behind him was a girl with short bleached blonde hair that was undercut on the left side. Her eyes were dark brown. I could see the edge of a tattoo peeking out from under her t-shirt on her left arm.

“Dani, this is Sammi, Jeremy, Sky, Jake and Andy. Guys, this is Dani Jones, my girlfriend.” Ashley had his arm wrapped loosely around her waist.

“Nice to meet you.” She had a slow, easy grin. Lily came hurtling back in, heading straight for Ashley.

“Ashy!” She yelled, hugging his legs.

“Hey Lily.” He scooped her up. “Dani, this is Lily, Sky’s niece. Lily, Dani.”

“Hey cutie.” Dani said. “You look just like your auntie.”

“Lily, honey, take Davey into the other room okay?” I picked Davey up and handed him to Lily.

“Bye Dani!” And off she went.

“Sky’s twin sister Jules is Lily’s mom.” Jake started. “Jules passed away a few months ago, so we have custody of her now.”

“I’m so sorry.” She gave me a warm hug. I heard the front door open. CC must have just walked in, like he had a habit of doing.

“Hey guys!” He yelled, pulling a girl into the room behind him. “This is Ally.” She had light brown hair and dark eyes, with a sweet smile.

“Shoo boys.” I said, waving the guys off.

“The womenfolk are gonna talk amongst ourselves.” Sammi added. Jake pouted at me.

“Don’t give me that hang dog look Jakey.” I gave him a peck on the lips. “Now go. Take Trixy for a walk or something.”

“We’ll be in the yard.” Jake said. I heard them troop through the kitchen and out into the backyard.

“You have them wrapped around your fingers.” Dani remarked dryly.

“Sammi makes it an art form. I bet if she asked him to, Jeremy would chop his balls off.” I said.

“I’d rather he didn’t, I kinda like them the way they are.” Sammi giggled. “Jake listens pretty well.”

“He’s a good listener, not just to orders.” I put my feet up on the coffee table. “So, welcome to the BVB Ladies Club. It’s been lonely with just us two.” I heard soft footsteps and Lily poked her head into the room. “Come on in sweetie.” She was carrying Davey like a baby.

“Is she your daughter? She looks just like you.” Ally said.

“She’s my niece. I’ll explain in a second.” I said. “What do you need honey?”

“I’m lonely.” She stuck out her lower lip.

“Well come here then.” I held my arms out for her and she climbed into my lap. Davey must have been asleep in her arms, because he wasn’t moving.

“Can I have the kitty?” Sammi asked. Lily passed Davey off and he opened his eyes.

“Davey wouldn’t happen to be after Davey Havok, would it?” Dani asked.

“You and I just became best friends.” I laughed. “Yeah, it’s after Davey Havok.” We chatted for a long time. Dani had met Ashley in a tattoo shop. He’d been visiting a friend and she worked there. Ally met CC through a mutual friend. The conversation moved from our boys to our jobs until I heard whispers from the kitchen.

“What are you boys doing in there?” I yelled over my shoulder.

“We miss our women.” Jeremy called.

“Come over here.” Sammi sighed. The couples split off, Dani and Ashley taking the arm chair, Jeremy and Sammi on half the couch and Jake and me on the other half. Ally and CC took the loveseat, leaving Andy perched on the ottoman awkwardly.

“Man, I’m always alone.” He mumbled. Lily jumped off my lap and went to sit next to him. “Aww, thanks kiddo.” I leaned against Jake’s chest, my hands resting on top of his where they were linked on my stomach.

“We’re not gonna be able to do this for a while.” I reminded him.

“Why?” CC asked.

“We’re both getting tattoos soon. I’m getting mine on my back and he’s getting his chest done.” I said.

“What are you getting?” Andy asked.

“Mine’s for my mom and Sky’s is for Jules.” Jake kissed the top of my head. “We’re getting them done tomorrow.”

“Sam, can you take Lily tomorrow?” I asked.

“For sure. I love that kid.” Sammi scrunched up her face at Lily and she giggled.

I smiled contentedly at the group we’d assembled here. Jake tightened his arms around me and when I looked up at him, he had a grin on his face too.

I can feel myself falling for him. And I’m not doing a damn thing to stop it.