Status: Completed!

Rebel Love Song

Gone

I dropped Lily off at preschool before heading over to the studio to meet Sammi. I had absolutely no idea what this shoot entailed, but I liked being surprised. Which is why I was incredibly surprised to find Jake and the rest of the guys sitting around when I came out of the dressing room in a short robe.

“Sammi, tell me you didn’t.” I said, pulling on her arm.

“I thought you’d like having someone to talk to.” She said.

“In the outfit you’ve got me in?” I closed my eyes. “You know what, fuck it. They caught me dancing in my underwear before.”

“Well then, have at it.” She pointed at the bedroom that had been set up. I took a deep breath, undid the robe and walked to the bed. The minute the robe hit the floor the air was filled with catcalls and one yell from Jake, “That’s my girl!”

“Sam, before I turn so red that you can’t take a picture, what do you need me to do?” I sighed.
Of course she would invite five horny guys to a shoot in which I was on my hands and knees, looking sexily at the camera.

“Mess your hair up a bit?” Sammi called. I flipped my head upside down and ruffled it up as best as I could. “Okay, now get under the covers.” The bedspread was black and the sheets were black silk. She took a few shots of me “sleeping” in different positions before tapping her chin to think.

“Jake, take your shirt off.” She finally ordered. He stood up slowly, looking at her like she was insane but he took it off. “Okay, now your shoes.”

“Are you having him do a striptease for me? Cuz that’s awfully mean since I can’t sleep with him right now.” I pouted.

“You are gonna sleep together. Get in the bed Jake.” Sammi said. He slid under the covers next to me and she arranged us to her liking before she started snapping pictures. In one shot she had me mess up my hair like I’d just had sex and sit up in the bed, clutching the sheet to my chest while Jake lay there with his arms behind his head.

“Sexy.” Jake said, looking at the pictures on Sammi’s laptop.

“Of course, you’re in it.” I was taking every opportunity I possibly could to kiss him and hold him, since he’d be leaving in a few days for tour. They’d be gone for almost six months straight, just touring.

Jake grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. I turned my head so I could kiss him, trying to commit the way it felt to memory.

--

“I don’t want you to go.” Lily sniffled, wrapping her arms around Jake’s neck tightly. She’s gotten so attached to him.

“It’s only for a few months sweetheart.” Jake rubbed her back, kissing the side of her head. He loves her like his own daughter. I wrapped my arms around them both, kissing Jake almost desperately.

“I love you.” He whispered, brushing his lips against mine.

“I love you too Jakey. Be safe.” Before I even had a chance to wipe away the tear that had escaped, he’d wiped it away gently. “We’ll come out and see you when you guys get to Hollywood.”

“That’ll have to keep me going.” He passed Lily into my arms before kissing me one last time and getting on the bus. Dani, Ally, Sammi and I stood and waved at the bus until it was out of sight.

“We need girl time.” Dani said, wiping away the stray eyeliner that had bled down her face.

“I say my house so the munchkin can sleep.” Lily had buried her face in my shoulder, sniffling a little still. She’d calmed down by the time we got back to the house and I put her to bed with Davey and Trixy.

The girls and I watched sappy romance movies and ate chocolate ice cream until it was almost 11 o’clock and they went home.

I grabbed one of Jake’s t-shirts from the dresser and cuddled his pillow to me, trying to pretend that it was him. It certainly smelled like him still.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it off the nightstand, almost knocking the lamp off in the process. It was from Jake.

I figured you’d be going to sleep right about now and I wanted to say that I love you :)

I smiled to myself and texted back, I love you too Jakey. I’m trying to pretend the pillow is you and its not working.

Literally thirty seconds later my phone buzzed again. Miss you already. Can’t wait for the Hollywood date.

Me either. Night, love.

Good night. Sweet dreams.

If I dream of you they will be.

--

I missed Jake so much it was kind of scary. In between shoots I was just hanging out with the girls or Lily, trying not to lose my mind or call Jake every few minutes.

Right now I was actually at a shoot with the girls and Lily. Sammi had wanted to do a shoot with Dani and me, and Ally was keeping an eye on Lily while we were doing the pictures.

“Sam, I swear to god I’m going to kill you.” I said, walking out of the dressing room. She’d gotten me into a pair of red leather pants that might as well have been painted on they were so tight.

“You look fucking sexy Sky.” Dani said.

“How come you get to wear jeans and I have to wear leather pants?” I frowned.

“Oh quit your whining and get on the motorcycle.” Sammi gave me a hug as I walked by. “Besides, if we send these pictures to Jake they’ll drive him wild.”

“I don’t want to torture the poor guy.” I aid, straddling the motorcycle. The one I was sitting on was shiny black. Dani’s was cherry red. “I can actually drive one of these, just FYI.”

“Really? Well that’s helpful to know.” Sammi was a good photographer and she had good ideas, which is why I was letting her pose us on and around motorcycles in the blazing hot sun. Lily and Ally were sitting in the shade under an awning that we went to sit under between shots.

When the shoot was over, Dani had to help me get out of the leather pants. It took some serious straining.

“Think I can keep these?” I asked Sammi.

“If you’re thinking of using them on Jake, it’s like the anti-sex clothes. Neither of you will be able to get them off you.” Sammi warned me.

“I kinda like them.” And they did make my ass look fantastic.

“Sure, go ahead and take them then.” She shrugged. “Are you and the munchkin going right home?”

“Yeah, she’s probably getting tired.” I gathered up my stuff and Lily before heading home to put her down for a nap. I felt like taking a nap myself, so I curled up on the bed. The smell of Jake had faded away almost completely, which made me miss him more, if that was even physically possible.

I opened up my Twitter and posted, “Just spent all day in red leather pants and a corset. Thanks @SammiDoll.”

A few minutes later, my phone pinged with the message tone. I opened it to see Jake had tweeted me.

“Missing L.A. even more now that I know @SkyVince is in red leather pants.” It said.

Lily woke me up an hour later because she was hungry, so I cranked up Black Veil Brides’ new album while I fixed some dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets and some salad for our dinner.

“Go Uncle Jakey!” Lily cheered, bouncing in place as the guitar solo for “Set the World on Fire” came on.

“Uncle Jakey?” I’d only ever heard her call him Jakey.

“Yeah. He’s with you, so he’s my uncle.” She looked at me like I was stupid. Great, now even the five year old is looking at me like that.

“Smart girl. Now come on, the food’s done.” We had our dinner, I read her half of the Twelve Dancing Princesses and then we both turned in for the night.

I was rudely awakened by my phone ringing. I fumbled for it, barely processing Sammi’s name on the caller ID before I picked it up.

“Hello?” I said groggily. I could barely understand her, she was crying so hard. “Sam, I need you to slow down. What happened?”

“A huge earthquake hit Japan and I can’t get a hold of Jeremy.” She finally said. I swear, I felt my heart crack in two and fall into the pit of my stomach.

“Oh God.” I could hear her still talking in the phone, but I wasn’t listening anymore.

Jake was in Japan.

Jake was in danger.

That was all I could comprehend.

“I’ll call you back Sam.” I said, cutting her off. I hung up and hit Jake’s speed dial number. Eight tries later of it going straight to voicemail, I finally cracked and left a message.

“Jake…oh my God, please, please just let me know you’re okay. I can’t….I can’t lose you too. Please, dear god, let you be okay. I love you so much Jake. Just, let me know you’re okay. Please.” I wiped my eyes, not even realizing I’d been crying for a while now. I let the phone drop into my lap and put my head on my knees, trying to not fall apart any worse than I already had.

The buzzing of the phone scared the absolute crap out of me. It was an email alert. I almost screamed in joy when I read that it was from Jake.

I’m okay. Shaken up but I’m okay. We’ll be getting out of here as soon as we can. I love you.

I let out a long sigh of relief. As long as he was okay, I could breathe again. I hit the reply button and typed in, As soon as you get home I am hugging the shit out of you until you can’t breathe.

--

Sammi, Dani, Ally and I were all at LAX waiting to pick up our boys. They’d be home for a few days before they went back on tour. Their days off were the days they should have been playing in Japan that were canceled because of the disaster.

I’d seen the news footage, seen some awful pictures of the destruction there. I was grateful that Jake had gotten out of that safely.

As promised, the minute I saw him come into the terminal, I ran towards him and jumped on him, wrapping my arms and legs around him.

“I’m so glad you’re okay.” My voice was muffled by his hair and the tears I was choking back. He rubbed my back and kissed the side of my head.

“I love you Jakey.” I murmured.

“I love you too Sky.” He leaned back a little so he could kiss me.