Status: In Progress.

Just the Way You Are

Typical Guys

As I stood in front of the mirror after taking a shower, I sighed in aggravation. My long brown hair lay damp and messy on my shoulders. There wasn't much I could do for it styling wise. I didn't have the ability or talent for that, but I planned on going to the salon later on that week to change it. It was too plain.

I grabbed the brush that was sitting on the counter and began to comb through the tangles in my hair. I cringed every once in a while when the brush would get stuck in a tangle, but finally managed to get it all smoothed out. I was about to begin blow drying it before I was interrupted.

"Tay, what's taking you so long?!" John asked and I heard the doorknob jiggle.

"Don't come in here!" I yelled as I clutched the towel that was covering me even though the door was locked. "I'm practically naked!"

"Ooh, did you just say you were naked?!" Garrett yelled, excitedly. "I wanna see!"

SMACK!

"Hey, what the fuck was that for?!" Garrett yelled, seeming shocked.

"For being a fuckin' perv!" John angrily yelled. "Don't say stuff like that about her!"

I laughed as I heard them bickering some more. Those two were way too entertaining.

"How do you expect me to get ready when you two are more interesting?!"

"We'll leave you alone now!" John yelled.

I rolled my eyes as I plugged my blow dryer up and began drying my hair. After it was dry, I tried straightening it as perfectly as I could. My hair was pretty thick so it was usually hard for me to get it straightened the way I wanted. I was finally satisfied after a while and put on my makeup, which usually consist of foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. After I finished with everything I needed to do in the bathroom, I opened the door and made sure to peer out before sprinting to my room. The guys were always there so I learned to make sure none of them were around when I wasn't decent after having some run-ins with all of them. I locked the door quickly and went to my closet to find something to wear for the day.

My closet mostly consisted of band shirts and skinny jeans. I sighed as I rummaged through it, making sure I didn't overlook anything. I loved my band shirts. They were comfy and I loved showing my pride in my favorite bands, but my wardrobe needed to be updated. I hadn't had time to go shopping for any clothes, but it was something I was planning on doing after going to the salon. My roommate and friend, Kaitlyn, was going to go with me and help me pick out things. She knew about the plan I had and, even though she was reluctant, agreed to help me. She didn't like the fact that I was changing myself in order to get John, but it wasn't really her decision.

After going through my closet for a while, I finally decided on an All Time Low shirt and ripped up skinny jeans. I put on my undergarments and clothes quickly.

"About time," Garrett said as I went into the living room where they all were watching TV. "It has never taken you that long to get ready!"

I ignored him as I went to grab my black Converse and sat down on the couch to put them on.

"Ready to go?" I asked them as I stood by the door.

They all got up and followed me out of the door and to John's black BMW. We all usually traveled together even though it was a tight fit and practically illegal. I usually always sat in one of the guys laps and ducked down if we seen a cop. I would be sitting in Kennedy's lap that afternoon.

"Taylor, move your bony butt over some," Kennedy said.

Bony butt? Pssh, whatever.

"John Ohh, turn on the radio," I said once we were all comfortable in the backseat.

He did as I said and turned the radio up. He searched through some stations until I made him stop on one that was playing one of my favorite songs. I began dancing and singing instantly and, eventually, the guys all joined in with me.

"Copper!" Jared said and pointed the police car out.

I ducked down as quickly as I could and waited for them to tell me the coast was clear.

"You're good now," Garrett said. "Wait there's another one!"

I ducked down again quickly and all the guys began laughing.

"Just kidding," he said with an innocent smile.

"I hate you," I mumbled as I got back up.

"You love me," he said and blew me a kiss.

I rolled my eyes, but smiled. We stopped at a traffic light and a car pulled up next to us. They had music blaring so I looked over to find three girls in a convertible. The rest of the guys looked over and their eyes widened. Typical Guys. One of the girls looked over and started giggling. She got the rest of her friends attention and before long they were all looking over at us.

"Damn," Garrett said. "Check them out."

"They're fuckin' hot!" Patrick said.

"Are you kidding me?!" I asked.

"You're just jealous, Tay," Garrett said.

Though I would never admit it to them, Garrett's comment stung.

"I am not," I said. "John, you're reasonable. Tell them."

"I'm sorry, Tay," he said. "I have to agree with them. They're hot."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"The light's green," I said.

John made no attempt to go. He continued staring at the girls with the rest of the guys.

"Fuckin' go, John!" I yelled. "The light's green!"

"What?" he asked. "Oh, sorry."

We soon began driving away from the girls as the guys continued to talk about them. I knew I would be like those girls before long.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. I haven't updated it in forever. Thank you to everyone who has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really appreciate it :). Please comment and tell me what you think of the story so far.