Sequel: No title yet

Ever Since You Walked Into My Life

What Did I Promise You?

I shuffled around in the closet in my bedroom, silent profanities escaping my lips every time something fell or seemed to bend under the pressure of my weight. I was searching desperately for any sort of luggage bag Sammi and I could use for our trip, but so far my searching seemed fruitless. I groaned inwardly as I saw some sort of thick fabric above my head and reached, urgently trying to reach it.

When my fingers barely brushing it I managed to grab hold and yanked, shouting out loduly when an avalanche of useless things tumbled onto me and the floor. I fell backwards and landed on my rump with a loud thud. It was certainly a big enough bag, but even though it was found I threw it, watching as it hit my door with a quiet thunk. I crossed my arms over my chest lie an angry five year old and huffed.

"This is so stupid,"I grumbled lowly.

I slowly got my feet and swept everything back into my closet with my booted foot. I pressed myself against the door to close it and prayed I remembered to be careful next time, unless I wanted another event like before. I snatched the bag in my hands and opened my drawers, looking for any summer wear I could take with me to Georgia. So far I was regretting the trip, all because of the small escapade I just had.

A light knock came at my door as I tossed a shirt into the bag. Sammi stepped into my room and peeked over at me, asking, "Rascal, what was that bang?"

She stopped, her eyes slowly widening as they found the bag at my side. She faught an oncoming frown and came closer, questioning, "What are you doing? Are you packing?"

The last question came out in a quiet whisper and I stopped, looking up at Sammi from my kneeling position. She gently brushed her hair behind her ear and asked, "Rascal, are we leaving again?"

I frowned, looking from the bag and back to Sammi. It broke my heart knowing she would jump to such conclusions, but with our past being the way it was, it didn't surprise me. I patted the spot next to me and said, "Take a seat, Sammi."

She did as told and crossed her legs. Her frown never ceased and I sighed softly. I gently took her hands in mine and said, "What did I promise you when we moved in here?"

"Um,"She stopped for a moment to take a quick thought, "that we wouldn't leave."

"Right,"I allowed a small smile to caress my lips as I said, "This is going to be a lot more fun."

Sammi quirked her head to the side just slightly and raised a questioning eyebrow. I chuckled quietly as she asked, "What are you talking about?"

"We're gonna go to Georgia for a week."Sammi's eyes widened, but I wasn't sure if it was out of shock or excitement.

Maybe it was a bit of both. This was a new look for her.

"What?!"She yelped.

"Me, you, Norman and Mingus are gonna be on set for his show."I smiled, "You know, that zombie one?"

"I saw that once!"Sammi grinned.

"I know."I giggled quietly.

"Hey, Rascal,"Sammi pulled her hands from mine and suppressed an oncoming grin.

That was a look I knew and I had a feeling a weird question was boiling at the tip of her tongue.

"Are you and Norman married?"She offered me a toothy grin and I shook my head with a shy smile.

"No, dummy,"I laughed, "Now, I want you to get some summer clothes together for the trip. Its gonna be a long, hot week."

"What about school?"She asked.

"No school for the week."I watched as Sammi stood and her face dropped in excitement.

"No school?!"She shouted."This is the best idea ever!"

"Go get ready!"I laughed as she made her way to my door.

She turned back and asked, "When do we leave?"

"In a few days."I began.

I couldn't finish my sentence, because Sammi was already leaving, her words echoing into the hall. According to Sammi, a few days meant a few minutes, because she was in a sudden rush to get ready.

"I gotta pack! Its so soon!"She cried.

I leaned toward the door and yelled out, reminding her to grab summer clothes, not the winter ones she had become accustomed to over the chilly nights. I shook my head with a laugh and looked back at the bag, realizing Sammi was going to be done in minutes, while it was going to take me a better part of the night to finish up. I sighed softly and ran a hand over my face. This was going to be a long day.

Another knock came at my door and Sammi peeked in, another raised eyebrow warning me she had another question. Three shirts were draped over her shoulder as she leaned in and asked, "Hey, Rascal, aren't you afraid of planes?"

"Ugh,"I let my head drop and said, "don't remind me, Sam."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quick filler for you!
'Til the next one! ;)