Sequel: No title yet

Ever Since You Walked Into My Life

Alone Time

Saturday night. A slight breeze brushing back your hair, cool enough to wear a light sweatshirt and sweatpants. The weather was cooling, almost forgiving in a way. It was a new season. Starting over from last year, offering more fun and better days. A light rap on the door signaled to Norman that Sammi and I had arrived and he swung it open, all smiles. He stepped aside, letting us in and it was no surprise that Sammi was headed right to Mingus' room.

I yelled out bedtime was soon, but Sammi knew the rules. Mingus' bedtime was eleven and I guess Sammi's was too. I stepped forward, my booted feet dragging lazily across his hard wood floors. A long, wide, white sheet was pinned above the painting he had been working on, revealing just a slight amount of the work he had poured his heart and soul into. The dashing black outline was now holding a pool of colours inside it, complimenting the very little I could see.

I took note of the dark red splashed across the wall, lingering under the white sheet so I couldn't see it any longer. I stepped forward as Norman worked with closing and locking the door, never noticing that my curiosity was coming over me. I plucked at the white sheet, almost pulling it away from the wall for a better look, when his strong hands grabbed my shoulders and ushered me toward his living room. I smiled warmly, asking, "I'm not allowed to peek?"

"Nope,"He took mine and Sammi's bags from my fingers and gently placed them at the side of the couch.

He gestured for his sliding glass doors and I walked out first, greeting the night air once more with a smile. "It's not done yet and besides,"

He reached into a small cooler, retrieving two tall boys from inside. I licked over my lips as I read the name on the side - Bud Light Lime.

"Its a surprise,"He popped the top and stole a swig of his regular Bud.

He preferred the normal stuff; I enjoyed flavors here and there. We simultaneously lit a cigarette, as beer and nicotine were always better together. I leaned against the railing to his cement porch, watching as he mimicked my motions. I stole a drag of my cigarette when he asked if I was excited, which in all honesty I was. It was just the ride, but instead of being a baby about it I nodded with a grin.

It would be the time of our lives. Sammi and I never got to go on vacation, especially from behind a movie set. We were excited and more than willing to see what goes on behind the show. After giving him a straight answer - yes, of course - and a smile, he grinned and asked, "Why're you so nervous?"

"Planes,"I chuckled lightly and sipped from my beer, "Never been a big fan. I'll deal with it, but I might change my mind when we get there."

"It'll be fine,"He laughed and flicked his half smoked cigarette, "if anything I'll rufie your drink and carry you on."

I laughed loudly, stifling it quickly when I realized how loud I must have sounded. I leaned forward, stretching my arms over the railing and watched as he smiled warmly in my direction. It was that comforting smile, like he was observing something he liked for the first time. I never got used to it. I never received that look before, but it never me uncomfortable. He seemed so happy and that was all I could ask for.

"You know,"His eyes followed my hand as I finished off my smoke and tossed it aside, "you look really good."

"What do you mean?"The smoke trailed out after every word.

He ran his hand along his chin like he normally did when in thought. Maybe he was trying not to sound like an asshole. For some reason men thought we took everything personal and thought the worst, even if it was a compliment. The thought made me smile.

"You looked so worn out when I first met you."He frowned slightly, "like you hadn't slept or had a decent meal in a while. You look great now. Healthy, full of rest."

He chuckled lightly as I sipped from my beer.

"So,"I grinned slyly and said, "you're calling me fat?"

His eyes widened and he struck a defensive pose.

"No!"He argued, "if you call, what do you say, a hundred some odd pounds fat?"

"For your information,"I pulled away from the railing and found myself taking a step toward him, "I'm pushing 130 now."

"Oh, that's nothing,"He chuckled, "I'm more than that."

I rose my hand with a roll of my eyes, the saying clear before I even said it - Well, duh, you're a man! Norman laughed quietly to himself and shook his head. He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and added, "And stronger."

"I'm strong."I scoffed.

"I don't know,"He set down his Bud and gave me a quick once over, "too thin for muscle."

He was picking on me now. I could tell by the tone in his voice. It was the little things we teased eachother about and this happened to be one of those nights. I gave him a smile and said, "First I'm too fat. Now I'm too skinny. Make up your damn mind!"

"I didn't,"Norman stepped forward and wrapped his arms loosely around my waist, "you're making me feel like a dick."

"Maybe you are,"I cracked another toothy smile, finding that my cheeks were beginning to hurt.

"Mhmm,"He leaned down, kissing my gently on the lips.

My arms found their way over his shoulders, resting lightly behind his head, beer can and all. I tightened my grip as his arms restricted around my waist, pulling my small frame up off the floor. I giggled quietly, my lips barely tracing over his once more.

"I'm not a dick,"He grinned, lightly pecking the corner of my mouth.

"Maybe not,"I whispered softly, the fingers of my free hand brushing through the very ends of his hair.

"But maybe we should go to bed,"He winked,"we got a long plane ride tomorrow."

"Oh, I can't wait,"My feet gently brushed against the cement floor and I pulled him down for one more, "thanks for the reminder."

"I can always stuff you in my bag,"He beamed.

I shoved him back slightly, a loud cackle bursting through my lips, "Shutup!"
♠ ♠ ♠
<33