Sequel: No title yet

Ever Since You Walked Into My Life

The Best Day Of My Entire Life

I'd woken up at 9:27 exactly. I couldn't place why, didn't expect to wake up so late, but I did. I'd sat up in bed, grabbed my alarm from the nightstand beside me. It was Monday morning and the house was silent. Sammi and Mingus would have been up by now during the weekend, cooking breakfast or playing their normal games. But for whatever reason I couldn't muster, my alarm hadn't gone off. I climbed out of bed, made my way toward their bedroom.

I tripped over one of Mingus' toys in the hallway, cursed silently as I came up to their bedroom door. I cracked it open, expecting to see them in the bean bag chairs by the tv or possibly still asleep. But when I found no one in the room, my gut twisted with anxiety. I took a long look through the room, called out to the kids, but no one answered me. I had gone from tired and groggy to wide awake within a few seconds.

There was something wrong. I was panicking slightly, but I wouldn't let it over come me. I didn't smell anything burning in the kitchen, didn't hear the living room tv blaring away with morning cartoons. Mingus and Sammi were gone, but where I didn't know. I quickly went down the hall, checked the bathroom for any sign of Sammi or Mingus. When I didn't find them, I slapped a hand to my forehead, tried to breath normally.

"Sammi," I breathed, "Mingus?!"

I could feel my heart racing against my chest. Norman wasn't due home until this evening, so the impression that he could have let me sleep in wasn't on my mind. Now I was scared, almost at the point of breaking down. But I stayed calm. They had to be here somewhere. I ran down the hall, called out to the kids one more time. The kitchen was empty and so was the living room. I dashed out onto the patio, but what came next nearly scared me to death.

"Oh, you're up," I knew the voice, knew the tone, but I still let out a shriek of fear.

I'd turned towards him, nearly fell back into the open doorway. When Norman grabbed my arm to prevent my fall, I grabbed a fistful of his shirt. It might have been instinct, might have been that I nearly had a heart attack, but he scared the shit out of me. I found myself breathing heavily, felt my heart beating at a ridiculous rate against my ribs. When I connected the dots and realized he was actually standing in front of me, I yelled at him.

"Damnit, Norman!" I shouted, "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

I released his shirt, yanked my arm from his light grasp. I pressed a hand to my head, another one on my hip as I tried to calm myself down. If this was supposed to be a good morning surprise then he didn't exactly plan ahead. He chuckled quietly and said, "I didn't mean to scare you,"

"More like give me a heart attack," I breathed.

"I didn't think you'd panic," he laughed now, "sorry,"

"You're damn right," I laughed myself before giving him a hug, "I wasn't expecting you until tonight,"

"Surprise?" He smiled.

"Just toss me a hint next time, okay?" I said, "I freaked the fuck out. I thought maybe something happened. Somebody came in here and took the kids,"

"Really?" He laughed.

"I'm sure you have a crazy enough fan to take the kids for ransom," I gave him a kiss, wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I've met some crazy ones, but I don't think it'd be that bad," we pulled away from eachother with a smile.

I brushed back my hair with my fingers, accepted a much needed cigarette from Norman after a few tense minutes. As I sucked down the nicotine, I asked, "So, what brings you home so early?"

"Well," he kicked lightly at the ground with the toe of his boot, found that boyish smile that drove me crazy, "I decided we should take the day for ourselves. My Mom is picking the kids up from school today, taking them back to her place. In the meantime, you should go back to the bedroom, dig around in your top drawer and pull out the box in the back. You'll find your outfit for the day,"

"Excuse me?" I wasn't sure if I'd heard him right.

"Come on," he pulled me close, kept a tight arm around my waist, "go get changed. We got a big date tonight,"

I flicked my cigarette over the railing and smiled. It was sweet of him to take the day for just us two, since we hadn't had much time together as of lately. Norman kissed me lightly on my temple and said, "Come on, it's gonna be fun,"

"Alright," I squirmed from his grip as he began to kiss me continuously and messily on my cheek and neck, "stop it!"

"Hurry up! I'm getting hungry!" He grinned.

I made my way back to the bedroom and found the box he was talking about in the back. It didn't have any special signatures on it, but when I opened it, I was pleasently surprised. It was a cute brown dress, short in the front, slightly longer in the back. It wasn't formal by any means, but it was certainly very pretty. I showered quickly and tried it on, a little surprised that it fit just right. The v-neck wasn't to my liking, but I knew he picked it out for his own reasons.

I made my way out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, where Norman stood in front of the mirror, rolling his sleeves up to his elbows. He wore a white dress shirt and jeans, which for some reason I always enjoyed seeing. He gave me a pleased grin when he turned. He moved his hand in a circle, forcing me to blush as I spun around for him. He reached back to the dresser and stepped forward, surprising me a little more with a bouquet of different coloured flowers.

"Aw," I gently took them from his hands and gave him a kiss, "thankyou, Norman,"

"Now, I'm not really done with surprises," he smiled.

"Aw, come on, Norman," I said softly, "stop buying me things. You make me feel like a gold digger,"

"Well, I think this one is really going to make you hate me," he laughed, "grab your shoes. Right under the bed. My side. I didn't want you to see them,"

I glared at him, but eventually slipped on the wedged heels he'd gotten for me. I would have to have a talk with Sammi when I saw her again, because there was no way Norman had gotten my dress and shoe size perfect if it wasn't for her. Norman took my hand and led me down the hall, but before we'd gone outside, he stepped behind me and covered my eyes with his hands.

"If you think I'm walking outside like this you're crazy," I said.

"You wont fall," he assured me.

"You have three steps and I'm in heels. It's been a while," I grabbed his hands with my own and pulled, but he didn't budge.

"Sorry, not happening," he said, "open the door and we'll go,"

"Open the door," I mimicked, "let me find the handle,"

Upon three failed tries, I eventually pushed open the front door. And with little help from Norman, made my way down the three cement stairs in front. I held onto his hands for good measure as we made our way into what I assumed was the end of the driveway. I took a deep breath as he said, "Alright, ready?"

"No, I'm not," I chuckled.

"On three," he began, "One,"

"Oh, please don't let this be something expensive," I breathed.

"Two," he said.

"I swear I'll kill you if it is," I added.

"Three," Norman grabbed my hands gently in his and gave me a hug from behind.

He rested his head on my shoulder, where I could feel the smile slowly creep onto his lips. As I opened my eyes I gasped and began to shake my head. I looked up at him, but by the smile on his face I knew that this was exactly what I thought it was. My old, beaten Chevelle was sitting in the driveway. Only this one seemed like it had gotten a major make over. It was exactly how I wanted it, prim and proper with a dark gun metal grey, crimson red racing stripes.

I went to speak, went to yell at him for doing something so crazy but thank him at the same time. I found myself speechless and ultimately in tears. I pulled away from Norman and took a few steps forward, eye balling the new version of my Chevelle. I turned back to Norman, finding him at the end of the driveway, arms crossed over his chest, large grin plastered on his face. I brought a hand to my mouth and pointed at the vehicle.

"Yes, that's your Chevelle," he laughed, "just how you wanted it. It's still all stock, too,"

"No," I whispered.

He nodded his head, pretended to think for a moment, "Uh, yes,"

I laughed loudly and turned back to him, my smile making up for the happy tears in my eyes. I quickly moved toward him, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. He laughed loudly as he picked me up off the floor. I thanked him over and over as he placed me back on my feet. He reached into his pocket and handed me the keys. I gently grabbed the front of his shirt, reaching up to give him a much needed kiss, "Thankyou so much, Norman. You don't know how happy I am,"

"You deserve it," he said softly, "let's take it for a ride. There's this place in Hoboken I wanna take you to. It's right on the Hudson River. We'll have an amazing view of the city,"

I took his hand as we walked to the car, squeezing it slightly before we let go. I climbed into the front seat of my Chevelle and started it up. I almost squealed with excitement when it started right up. I looked over at Norman and said, "So I guess if I didn't let you borrow this you would have somehow taken it anyway, huh?"

"Oh, absolutely," he smiled, "g.t.a is my specialty,"

With a shake of my head, I pulled out of the driveway. I followed his directions toward Hoboken, a little surprised when we came up to the restaurant he was talking about. It certainly had a beautiful view with the city right across the river, but it seemed a lot nicer than I had previously imagined. I parked the car and eyed the seats outside. I grabbed hold of Norman's hand as we went inside, all smiles as we were greeted by the hostess.

Norman had thought ahead. He'd made a reservation a few days ago. Most likely when he was in Georgia. We were brought outside, seated at a beautiful table by the River. I watched as seagulls flew by, cawing and occasionally coming by for scraps. We ordered our lunch and waited patiently for the waitress to bring it out. Norman reached across the table and grabbed my hand, tenderly ran his thumb along my skin.

"This is really beautiful, Norman," I said softly, "thankyou,"

"Don't thank me," he said, "you really deserve this, Rascal. It's been really hard for you. I know that. Sammi's been telling me how down and out you've been. But I didn't have to hear it from her. I could tell just by talking to you on the phone,"

I frowned. I wasn't expecting the conversation to turn so suddenly. I nodded my head, squeezed his hand, "I have been, I guess, depressed lately. After Mom died, I just didn't know what to do. I'd finally beaten that low when we got together. I never thought I'd hit rock bottom again. Guess I was wrong. But I know she's in a better place,"

"I hate seeing you upset," he said softly, "and I hated myself for going to Georgia. I wont do anything like that again. You need me, I'm here. Plain and simple,"

"Thankyou," I leaned forward, kissed him so sweetly.

It was broken up when our food came. It was absolutely delicious and tender. I was full before my plate was empty. Norman paid and we left, but this time I wasn't driving. It was only one o' clock in the afternoon and he had more plans for us. He'd driven up to the highest point over looking the river. It was secluded, peaceful. We'd taken a seat on the hood of the car, leaning into one another and looking out into the city. It was stunning.

I rested my head on Norman's chest, found him staring down at me occasionally. I felt the blush creep onto my cheeks. I felt like a teenager again. No worries, not a care in the world. I looked up at him after a moment, breaking the calm silence between us, "What are you staring at? I feel like I have steak caught in my teeth,"

He smiled, wrapped his arm a little bit tighter around me. He seemed to be in thought. About what, I was unsure, but I knew that look. The way his eyes squinted just slightly, the way he fought to run a hand across his chin or bite on his nails. I tilted my head slightly, a little curious.

"Just thinking," he said, "it's been a while since we could do something so nice. I'm really happy to be here with you, Rascal. You look beautiful,"

I chewed on my bottom lip for a moment, fought very hard to prevent myself from blushing. I leaned up and kissed him, sighing through my nose as he wrapped his hand in my hair. My fingers curled into his button up shirt as it more passionate. I sat up, held myself up by my left hand as we continued to kiss eachother. It felt like a new experience. Like an explosion of fireworks. It wasn't much longer before we moved back into the car.

I straddled his lap in the passenger's seat, my hands curling behind his head. Norman's hands moved from my sides to my hips. My dress rose with the movement of his fingers. He pulled away from the kiss, breath quick, labored. He moved his lips along my chin, jaw and neck as his fingers found the hem of my dress. I breathed slowly as he lips roamed to the edge of my neck. I curled my fingers in his hair and whispered, "I need you, now."

I sat up, watched with a smile as Norman worked at his belt and zipper. He managed to push his pants to his knees, where, in time and with great effort, I slid my underwear down my legs and over my right foot. I moved back in for another heated kiss, smiling like a child. Norman reached down to adjust the seat, causing a squeal of excitement to burst through me when we fell back. We laughed loudly as we adjusted our positions. It was like being a teenager all over again.

I lowered myself onto him, a light gasp boiling at the edge of my lips. I leaned forward, connected our lips as I waited for my body to adjust to him once more. And in just a few moments, I slowly began to move. I rocked my hips, rose up and down with gentle grunts pressing through our lips. Norman's hands rested on my hips, where his fingers dug deep into my skin. I picked up speed, felt him quiver beneath me as I whimpered into his ear.

I placed my hands at the sides of his head, nails gripping into the new leather interior. I managed to take in a deep breath, but my exhale came out as a moan. I moved faster, harder and eventually we couldn't handle it any longer, "Oh, hold on,"

I came to a slow stop, my body arguing the entire time. Through panted breaths, I whispered, "What is it?"

"Switch it up," I grabbed Norman's shoulders as he sat up, "to the backseat,"

With some difficulty, Norman and I climbed our way into the back. I turned back to see what was taking him so long, but he pushed me into the seat. I giggled quietly as he leaned down, pressing sweet kisses along my neck. He held himself up with his right hand, his left hand traveling up my thigh and under my dress. A quiet squeal of excitement escaped me when his fingers found my warmth.

It was nothing but a tease as he played with me, fingers obviously ditching my more sensitive areas. After a tense moment, I said, "Jesus, stop fucking me with, please."

"Just getting you hot and bothered," he teased.

"I've been hot and bothered since the beginning," I grinned, "so come on, tough guy,"

I curled my fingers into his shirt and pulled him closer, connecting our lips roughly. I wrapped my arm around his neck, growling quietly into the kiss as he entered me again. I chewed on my bottom lip, almost drew blood as he proceeded to pick up the pace. I whimpered into his ear, moaned his name so sweetly. I arched my back, felt my stomach coil with pleasure. My breath became quick and short as I neared the end.

I tried to prevent it, to keep it going. Norman must have gotten the hint, because his thrusts became more powerful, more demanding. He sat up more, demanded with powerful thrusts that I finished. I cried loudly, gripped the seat with my hands as I finally came, "Fuck, Norman,"

He groaned loudly, finished after just another minute. He leaned over me, kissed me once more, sweetly. Through pants, he whispered, "I love you, Rascal,"

"I love you too, Norman," I kissed him again and again, almost begging for me.

We dressed ourselves again, found time passed a little quicker than we had expected. When we met outside again, it had almost turned to four o' clock. Norman offered me a lit cigarette with a smile. I plucked it from his fingers and stood at his side. We were a few feet from the edge of the cliff, small fence keeping us from going over. He wrapped his arm around my waist, head resting easily on the top of my head.

"This was a beautiful day, Norman," I looked up, found those gorgeous blue eyes, "thankyou so much."

"I'd do it a thousand times again, Rascal," he said softly.

"Today?" I smiled, "Me too,"

"No," he shook his head, pulled away from me for a moment, "all of it. Fighting to talk to you, fighting to keep you in my life. I'd do it all again for you, Rascal. I love you so much. I don't know what I'd do without you. You've changed my life. Other than Mingus, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me,"

I teared up. I patted at my eyes, tossed my smoke. I sniveled quietly, smiled in his direction. With a chuckle, I said, "I can say the same,"

"I have to ask you something," he said softly, "it's driving me crazy that I haven't asked this yet,"

"What is it?" I whispered.

Norman's hand moved. He reached into his pocket and gave me the happiest smile in his life. I didn't think this was going to happen. That little black box in his hand almost made me collapse. And when he opened it, boy, I almost collapsed right in front of him. He so sweetly took my hand, lowered himself onto one knee. And just like clockwork, I began to cry. Free hand reaching up to cover my mouth in absolute surprise.

"Rascal McMann," he said softly, "please, please, do me this honor. I don't want to live without you. I need you in my life forever. Will you marry me?"

I said yes. I leaped into his arms like a crazy woman, wouldn't let go of the love of my life. We celebrated later that day. We'd gone out for dinner, couldn't stop touching eachother, kissing, hugging. I couldn't stop crying. When we had eventually gone home we made love again and again and again and again. I could easily say this was the best day of my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333333