Status: PERIODICALLY UPDATED

Untitled

About Rain

There she was. She sat on the grass in the field behind the castle. I missed her; I was in love with her; I made a mistake. Her dark hair blew around wildly and her soft skin looked even softer. I noticed her dress; it was the pale red bubble one she wore when I first met her. She was watching the sky and it was then I noticed that a cloud was coming closer. My gaze drifted back down to her and I felt my face redden. She stared right at me, her gentle, caring, loving smile that even Snape couldn't resist was on her face.

"It's going to rain," I stated, walking over to her steadily. She gave a kind and bubbly laugh and nodded. I ran my hand through my shaggy auburn hair, scratching the back and in the process ruffling it up. "And you really don't care, do you?"

She shook her head. "Nope, not at all Mister Goldstein. Don't you remember? I love the rain," she said. Oh Merlin, that voice: it sounded like music. I stared into her intense blue eyes with my dark greens. "Come here; you're so far away." She patted the grass beside her. A moment longer of standing there awkwardly, I walked over and sat down a bit farther away than I had meant.

A confused look clouded her eyes and she moved over, closer. I smirked to myself. She was still mine. Theodore Nott would never have her heart like I do. I wrapped my arm around her and she laid her head on my shoulder. She asked the worst question ever then. "How have you been?" I knew she meant Lavender. God, Lavender could never replace her. She could never be Aurora. I was stupid to have made that decision.

"Anthony!" she called out running towards him. Her dress flew behind her and she laughed, pushing it back down whenever she felt the slightest upward movement. She wore the white dress he had bought her.

He laughed and bent down slightly, his arms wide open for her to jump into. "Rora," he called out as she threw herself in his arms. He spun her around, his face buried in her neck. It was then he smelled it. There was man's cologne on her and it wasn't his. "Rora, what's this? You smell like a guy."

She laughed and tried to kiss him, but he moved away, causing her to frown. He was becoming angrier by the moment. "Anthony, what in the world are you talking about?" she asked, the happiness in her voice dying.

"You smell like a guy! Who the hell is it?!" he blew up. She was cheating on him. No girl was true. They were all liars and fakes. They used. She clung to his arm, looking up at him in misery. It wasn't guilty misery, it was an emotional misery.

"I was in the library with Teddy, but that was all," she replied slowly, confused.

His eyes grew. Theodore Nott, of all people. How could she cheat on him with that pureblood filth. "You're cheating on me with him? Aurora, what the hell?!"

"What? No Anthony he was-"

"Don't fucking talk to me," he said angrily. He cut her off when she opened her mouth again, "Get away. Better yet, I'll leave." He stormed away, hurt inside and filled with rage. This wasn't the first time he noticed this smell on her, but he ignored it once, twice, three times.

Aurora stood there, heartbroken. Tears fogged her vision and fell down her face. Theodore had only been helping her pick out their one month anniversary gift.

Once I found out what had been going on, I felt like a pig. The thought of her leaving me clouded my head. The idea of her being manipulated into leaving me drove me insane. I'm in love with this girl. She let me be her first, and she called me her only. This girl, she was special.

Aurora Thyme is beyond kind, generous, compassionate, chic, adorable, niave, gentle, loving, and most of all she was honest and understanding. Sadly, my little Hufflepuff was his.

Theodore Nott is vulgar, smutty, rude, risque, jerkish, and completely and utterly obscene. Of all people no one suspected her to be with him. They were complete opposites.

I played stupid and avoided her question. "Fine. How've you been? Happy with the mental-"

She gave me a pleading look. "Anthony, don't talk badly about him, please; for me?" she asked me sweetly. I sighed and nodded my head, resting my chin on top of her head. The thunder boomed lowly in the distance and I sighed in content as she clung to me. Loud noises had always scared her to death.

"I love you, Aurora," I told her calmly. She looked up at me, surprised. A look of happiness filled her eyes, making my lungs tighten. Please, just give me that look, Aurora, please. Then it came, that look of love in its purest form. Pure love, true. I laid back and pulled her on top of me, holding her close.

"I still love you too, Anthony," she said softly. That gave me hope for something, and she knew that hope was coming. "But, I can't do it, we both know it." I shook my head and breathed. I knew it, but I didn't want to admit it.

"Let's dance when the rain comes," I told her smoothly, rubbing her back. She nodded her head and closed her eyes. We listened to eachother breathe as we waited.

Droplets fell on us and her eyes fluttered open. I missed seeing her eyes open after being closed for so long. They were gorgeous. She got up and held her hands down to me. Gladly, I took her hands and with all her might she pulled me up, but I took a step closer and hugged her. I began humming and we swayed side to side to my hums.

"Sing to me like you used to?"

"Of course. I love you."

"I love you too."

I began singing.

"I hope you like dancing in the rain
I'll spin you around and pull you back to me
I sure am glad you wore that dress
It reminds me of the night that we first met
Don't you love the evenings in July when I'm staring at you with my blue eyes
And we could be fine
We could be fine, fine, fine.

"So roll the windows down and put the car in drive
Its starting to rain a little bit outside
And ive had you on my mind for some time
And why did you go
Why did you leave
I cant forget about you and me
But now I'm letting go.

"I hope you like dancing in the rain
I'll spin you around and pull you back to me
I sure am glad you wore that dress
It reminds me of the night that we first met
Don't you love the evenings in July when I'm staring at you with my blue eyes
And we could be fine
We could be fine, fine, fine."