Human

One

Isabelle curled her toes as she felt the cold metal of the bridge touch her feet but soon relaxed when she knew it was the last thing she was going to feel before her body would become lifeless in the water. The moments of the horrific memory kept replaying in her mind.

"Lizz I think we should leave. This wind is really scaring me and they just gave us a warning." Isabelle said.

"Pussy. Come on nothing is going to happen! The stage is sturdy." The wind started picking up and almost knocked us over. Then the sound of snapping was heard they looked up and the stage was falling down right on top of them.

"Lizz run!" Isabelle was knocked to the ground a piece of metal collapsed on her legs making her not being able to move. She looked through the dust for her friend crying out her name and soon spotted her lifeless body under a peace of the light strip. She struggled and eventually broke free then ran to Lizz.

"Lizz? Lizz wake up!" Lizz didn't move. "Elizabeth Rose you will wake up right now!" Isabelle screamed as she shook her. "You can't leave me!"


It's all my fault. I should have talked her out of coming. I didn't even want to go. She thought and stepped closer to the edge of the bridge.

"I can't believe the car broke down!" Chris whined as he and his two friends walk down the bridge hoping to find a taxi once they cross.

"I told you mustangs are shitty. But no, don't listen to a guy who knows about cars." Mark said and Darren snickered.

"I'm gay! I don't care what type of car it is! I care about how cool it looks!" Chris stated. Darren stopped in his tracks when he spotted Isabelle standing on the bridge looking down.

"Oh shit." He whispered. Mark and Chris followed his line of sight and stopped as well.

"Is she gonna jump?" Mark said.

"Come on guys. I'm not gonna sit here." Darren started running towards the girl. "Hey!" He called out. Isabelle flinched and slightly turned around. Darren was in awe of her beauty. She was tall and had long raven hair, pale white skin and piercing blue eyes. She wasn't skinny but she wasn't fat either. She was what he would define a real woman.

"What do you want?" She asked quietly.

"For you to come down from there. I know you're not up there just to look at the view." He stated.

"Don't do it miss. No ones life is worth wasting." Mark said.

Since when do you have a say? She thought.

"Mine is. My life was over three weeks ago. I'm just making it official." She said.

"What do you mean?" Chris asked.

"I'm the reason my best friend is dead. Her parents hate me and I have nowhere to go. It's only fair that I die." She whispered. Darren tried stepping closer but that made her move closer to the edge so he stopped.

"It's your fault she's dead! You should have made her leave before anything happened! Get the fuck out of my house!" Lizz's father screamed and Isabelle ran out of the house crying hysterically. She packed all her bags and left before her parents could get home or have time to catch her.

"I'm sure that's not true. I bet you probably won't believe me because you have no clue who we are but you shouldn't do this. I bet your friend will be very pissed if she see's you up there so soon. She would want you to live your life. So come closer so I can get you down from there." Darren said. Isabelle eyed him.

"I know who you are and I know how you are a very good actor. So how do I not know you're just saying this and lying." She said looking straight into his eyes.

"What's your name?" Mark asked.

"Isabelle." She replied. She didn't care that they knew who she was since she was going to die in a matter of minutes.

"Well Isabelle as an answer to your question, you don't. But I am telling you the truth and you just need to trust me. So come closer and take my hand." Darren said.

"No." She said sternly.

"Just trust us okay? We don't want you to jump." Chris cried.

"Why should I?" She spat. Darren slowly walked closer and looked deep into her eyes.

"Why shouldn't you?" He whispered. They stared for a long moment.Isabelle took a deep breath and walked slowly towards the three boys and took Darren's hand as he picked her up and brought her to safe ground. He kept his eyes on her and studied her carefully.

"Now what did you mean you have nowhere to go." He asked.

"I ran away from the only people I have as family. I don't know anybody else." She whispered. Darren looked and Mark and Mark nodded in return.

"Well you have us now. I know it's weird but would you like to live with Mark, Cory and I? We have an extra bedroom." Darren asked. Her eyes widened. How could someone who doesn't even know her want her to live with him and his friends.

"I couldn't." She said shaking her head.

"Well too bad missy. You need people to look after you and we're those people so welcome to the family." Mark said.

"No I can't. I'm not going to." She said.

"You're not going to win this argument." Chris said.

"Please?" Darren asked quietly. "Let us take care of you." Isabelle looked at all three of them and sighed in defeat.

"I don't have a choice do I?" I asked. Darren laughed.

"Not at all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader! I'm not going to update if I don't have any feedback.