Status: In the writing process as I juggle school :) Updates will not be as fast as over the summer.

Possibilities

Best Friends First

The day had just begun at the small school of Jefferson High. I started going through my locker looking for the books I needed for the day. English, History, Health, and Bio . I packed those into my bag and stacked the books from yesterday back into my locker.

"DON'T YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME!" I heard a high-pitched voice yell from across the hall.

"I'LL DO WHAT I WANT! GEEZE YOU'RE SO CONTROLLING!" I knew that voice belonged to my best friend, Stephen Gomez. He walked towards my locker and leaned against the one next to mine.

"Everything alright?" I already knew the answer to that.

"Hey, Aurora. It's Karen, again." he sighed. "She's such a control freak. I'm planning on breaking up with her. Tonight." I secretly died of joy inside.

I admit, I do have a crush on Stephen ever since he moved across the street from me when we were 5. Now we're 18, about to graduate High School, and he still doesn't get it.

"Well good for you," I said, "She doesn't deserve you." He smiled at me. The last time I saw him smile was the day when Karen accepted to be his girlfriend. That was around 9 months ago. The bell rang. I closed my door and walked to English with Stephen. We had all the same classes together except for Health.

We came into the classroom and took our usual seats. The teacher came into the class and started the lesson on Interjections. About a quarter-way into class, Stephen plops a note onto my desk.

Meet me at lunch by the fountain.

I looked up to make sure Mr. Banks wasn't looking and wrote back.

Not worried about Karen?

I tossed it back and watched him read it. He shook his head and smiled. I went back to the lesson until my phone vibrated.

I took it out of my pocket and read the text. It was from Stephen.

I sorta ran out of paper which means I can no longer take notes or write notes to you :(

I giggled. What a weird child.

I'm bored as hell

I looked back at the lesson making sure Mr. Banks doesn't suspect anything. Finally the bell rang.

"Fun class, huh?" Stephen said.

"Interjection are just the best!" I replied with a chuckle. Then Karen spotted us.

"EXCUSE ME!" She yelled. "What the hell are you doing with my boyfriend?!?!

"KAREN!" Stephen barked. "Cool it with the stupid jealousy. Aurora is my best friend and you need to accept that!" Karen tried to grab him but he backed off.

"What the hell did you just do?" she furiously asked.

"I just backed off from you," Stephen said "Wanna know something?"

"WHAT?" she yelled.

"We are done !" he roared. "Come on, Aurora, let's leave this monster alone and get to History."

As Stephen took my arm to take us to History, Karen gave me a quick but deathly glare.

Great. My best friend's ex-girlfriend wants to kill me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you guys think! Thanks! :)