Status: Completed

Cliché

Cliché

“You are such a bad dancer John.” I told my best friend as we competed on the new Just Dance game I bought.
“I am a fantastic dancer! When I dance my own way. Not choreographed. ” He defended. I stopped dancing and paused the game.
“Okay. Well let’s see it than.” I said, crossing my arms and smirking.
“Fine. Put on some music and take a seat because you’re about to be blown away.” He said, thrusting his hip dramatically. I laughed and turned my iPod to some dance music and sat on the couch and looked at him expectantly. He started attempting to dance, his tall, lanky body moving every which way. I tried to contain my laughter, but when he turned around and started shaking his ass, I couldn’t hold it in. He backed it up towards me and proceeded to give me his attempt of a lap-dance, but I was having a laughing attack at this point and could barely breathe.
“Don’t laugh at my skill! You’re just jealous!” He said, crossing his arms and looking down at me.
“What skill?” I spoke between my laughs.
“Alright. You wanna laugh? I’ll give you a reason to laugh!” He said and before I could protest, he had me pinned to the couch, tickling me with no mercy. I begged him to stop through my laughs, but in the back of my mind, I couldn’t help thinking that I liked our position.
I know that we’re only friends, but after years of friendship with such an amazing and attractive guy, it was hard not to have a crush. Okay, so I don’t have a crush, I’m completely nuts over the guy. But I could never tell him; it’ll just ruin what I do have with him. So I’ll keep my love a secret and hope that one day I’ll be able to move on because I know I have no chance with him.
“You want me to stop, huh? Then admit I’m a great dancer.” He said.
“Lying is a sin John.” I said through my laughs and concentrated enough to push him off of me, him landing with a thud on the floor. I stood up quickly and he did the same.
“Oh, you’re gonna get it!” He said with an evil grin as he took a wrestling stance. I grinned back, coming down from my laughing fest.
“Bring it little boy.” I said, calling him over with my hands. He ran and tackled me and we struggled before falling to the floor. I wrapped my legs around him, using them as leverage. We rolled around the floor, both fighting to be on top and pin the other down. After what felt like forever, he was able to pin my hands above my head as he straddled me. We were both panting and sweaty with messy hair; it’d look pretty bad to anyone who walked in.
The atmosphere became serious as we looked each other in the eyes, our chest rising and falling in unison, John hovering over me, close enough for me to feel his breath. I couldn’t look away from his eyes, those gorgeous eyes that I could never decide what color to call them. I cursed myself with every blink, because it was one less moment that I got to see them. We stayed there staring at each other until he broke the silence.
“On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a cliché would it be if I kissed you right now.” He murmured, not breaking eye contact.
“9.5.” I breathed, speaking without thinking. A lop-sided smile grew on his face and before I realized it, he softly touched his lips to mine. I responded instantly, almost instinctively. His hand released my hands and moved to my cheek. I wrapped my freed hands around his neck, pulling him down closer to me until our chests touched. My hands tangled in his hair, as I got lost in the kiss, lost in the happiness I was feeling. He finally pulled away, much to my dismay. I kept my eyes closed for a moment longer, trying to solidify the moment. I opened my eyes, happy to see John still there, happy that it wasn’t just a dream.
“It was actually a 10.” I said.
“Then why did you say 9.5?” He asked.
“Because I didn’t think you’d still do it if I said 10.” I said and he smiled.
“I had waited way too long to do that to let a .5 stop me.” He said and I giggled.
“You know what else is a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10?” I asked.
“What?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.
“How bad of a dancer you are.” I said with a smile. He was about to protest but I just laughed and cut him off by pulling him down for another kiss. We rolled around on the floor kissing for a while before I pulled away and looked at him.
“Wait. John, we’ve been friends for years. Why are you all of a sudden wanting to kiss me now.” I asked, looking at him curiously.
“I’ve wanted to kiss you since about 10 minutes after I met you. But I didn’t have the nerve to flirt with you. Then we became friends, and then best friends, and I didn’t think you’d ever feel the same way. But when I looked into your eyes today… something happened. I don’t know, I just had to try; I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I love you.” He told me. I smiled at his words and leaned into him and gave him a sweet kiss.
“Why couldn’t you of done this like a year ago when I realized I was in love with you?” I asked against his lips. He pulled back and looked at me like I had three heads.
“You love me?” He asked, astonished. I chuckled lightly.
“Yes.” I answered. He crashed his lips to mine without notice, kissing me like he was going to die if he didn’t.
“Say it again.” He breathed against my lips, pulling back only slightly and looking me in the eyes.
“I love you John.” I said breathlessly, still lightheaded from his last kiss. He grinned.
“Those are the most beautiful words I’ve ever heard. And they came from the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.” He said.
“Stop with your clichés O’Callaghan and just kiss me.” I said, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him back to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something I threw together.
Enjoy!
Comment! :]