The Numbers

Chapter 2

Orla tried to move, but her legs stayed frozen as if fear itself had turned her body to stone.
She tried once again to scream for help...longed to see an exit out of this strange place. But there was no scream...no exit. All she could hear was the sound of her own heart racing.
Once control of her body returned, Orla began to slowly walk towards the direction of the footsteps. Silently hoping that there would be someone... anyone who could help.
"HELP!" screamed Orla wrapping her arms around her body for some source of heat.

"Who's there?" called out a very husky voice from the shadows “identify yourself"
"N...Number 036?" whispered Orla “Please…please help me”
The strange voice was beginning to move closer to Orla, Her heart racing, trying to decide if this stranger was friend or foe. Then it hit her as hard as a slap to the head. This person could be the one who put her here.

“Again Identify yourself or else” shouted the voice more aggravated than before.
A flash light shined down towards Orla. Without a second thought she ran back towards the pod she came out of. The sound of her bare feet hitting the cold ceramic floor echoed throughout the strange room. Alerting the stranger that there was someone there and they were running away from the light.

Running might have been a good idea if Orla had known where she was running to. The only good thing was that where ever the stranger came from had to lead to an exit of some sort. Orla came to a sudden halt at her pod, hoping the stranger hadn't followed. But the light of the flashlight kept getting brighter until Orla could see a tall muscled man standing on the other side of the pod. Orla quickly ducked out of view trying desperately to stay silent. His boots sounded so loud on the ceramic floor, they sounded like they were the boots or a vicious giant looking for his next human meal.
“Stupid place gives me the creeps, it’s not like these frozen things can move…Huh? No…impossible….It’s empty” Shouted the muscled man before running down to check on what Orla presumed was more weird pods, and more trapped victims.

Seeing her opportunity for escape, Orla quickly rose to her feet and ran as fast as her cold legs would allow. If someone could get in then that had to mean she could get out. Orla knew this was her only chance of escape, if she fails she’ll end up back in that stuffy pod…or worse…dead. After all her frantic running Orla came to a sudden stop in front of a huge double metallic door. It reminded her of the doors you’d see in a hospital.
“I…I’m in a hospital?” said Orla puzzled as she reached out to push the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sincere apologies for the long wait, but here it is.
Please let me know if there are any grammar/spelling errors and I shall correct them straight away.
Thank you =)